Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Ask an Atheist

Ask an Atheist Want to know Atheists' viewpoints on things? Want to better understand the Atheist worldview?
Here's the place.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 16th March 2011, 09:30 AM
Meslier Meslier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 78
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslaziestbusker View Post
Is the AFA a cult?
The test begins now.
No atheist is allowed to eat cheese on days with the letter T in them.
All atheists must tithe ten percent of their income to me (PM me for details).
All atheists must own and listen to The Verlaines back catalogue, all the time. No other music is permitted.
All atheists must read, enjoy and promote everything Richard Dawkins has ever written.
This ends the test.
I look forward to seeing how atheists respond to being given arbitrary instructions about how to live their lives.
Matt
…but you are being facetious…

…the more worrying aspects of cults is not so much the unsubstantiated nonsense they believe in but the group psychology/mentality that they may use to justify unethical actions to other people…

…what would be a more interesting experiment is to see whether AFA members harbour any of the latter unpleasantness…
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16th March 2011, 10:24 AM
Praxis's Avatar
Praxis Praxis is offline
Here come the drums, here come the drums!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,336
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslaziestbusker View Post
Is the AFA a cult?
The test begins now.
No atheist is allowed to eat cheese on days with the letter T in them.
All atheists must tithe ten percent of their income to me (PM me for details).
All atheists must own and listen to The Verlaines back catalogue, all the time. No other music is permitted.
All atheists must read, enjoy and promote everything Richard Dawkins has ever written.
This ends the test.
I look forward to seeing how atheists respond to being given arbitrary instructions about how to live their lives.
Matt
Oh dear. Matt, you know I think the world of you, so I am sure you will understand when I say to you, with enormous affection but steely meaning, you can stick that up your arse, without anaesthetic, and there will be pointy bits along the insertion line.

__________________
I've never been very good at knowing "my place". Well actually I have, it's just never been where you want it to be.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 16th March 2011, 11:22 AM
Brisbane Atheist Brisbane Atheist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 160
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

hmmm, looks like silly poem time.

Blessed are the cheese makers
For they are of my labor
I created this universe
To do you all a flavour

I am the holiest of cheese,
The swiss among thee
In 5 days i created this world
As you can all plainly see

Day 6 and day 7
aside i put for thee
Both young and old you are commanded
To consume of me.

Beware the unholey
For they are but blind
The blues are so vein
They are not of our kind

Do not indulge in the processed
Of this will surely lead to doom
Better to eat parmesan
Or a big chunk of coon

Take care of the cheesemakers
That is your goal
For only they can show you my goodness
They are the high preists of my holes.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 16th March 2011, 11:57 AM
Worldslaziestbusker's Avatar
Worldslaziestbusker Worldslaziestbusker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: By the sea (I do like it)
Posts: 3,654
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

That's it.
I'm getting no respect for my edicts.
All of you are out of the cult.
I hope you're all happy.
I'm going to have to start a blog to get all my feelings about this out in the open and where people can tell me to cheer up because I really had the last laugh on you all.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 16th March 2011, 01:52 PM
Praxis's Avatar
Praxis Praxis is offline
Here come the drums, here come the drums!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,336
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslaziestbusker View Post
That's it.
I'm getting no respect for my edicts.
All of you are out of the cult.
I hope you're all happy.
I'm going to have to start a blog to get all my feelings about this out in the open and where people can tell me to cheer up because I really had the last laugh on you all.
Pfft.

If this were a real cult and you were any real sort of cultist, you would have typed it thus:

Quote:
I hope your all happy
The very fact you know the difference between you're and your proves you have no qualifications at all for starting a cult.

So there. Ner.

__________________
I've never been very good at knowing "my place". Well actually I have, it's just never been where you want it to be.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 16th March 2011, 01:58 PM
Worldslaziestbusker's Avatar
Worldslaziestbusker Worldslaziestbusker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: By the sea (I do like it)
Posts: 3,654
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
Pfft.
The very fact you know the difference between you're and your proves you have no qualifications at all for starting a cult.
Splork with lesser graphics.
You sprung me.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 16th March 2011, 02:59 PM
wearestardust's Avatar
wearestardust wearestardust is offline
Where the umbudsman can't get me
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: not telling
Posts: 6,744
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

I had a quadralogue once but it was a bugger to park, let along the poor fuel economy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenmane View Post

You want respectful discourse? Learn how to fucking discourse.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 17th March 2011, 11:09 AM
wearestardust's Avatar
wearestardust wearestardust is offline
Where the umbudsman can't get me
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: not telling
Posts: 6,744
Default Re: Cult sycophant test

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irreverent Mr Black View Post
You're not the messiah: you're just an Audi boy.
still got nuthin'.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenmane View Post

You want respectful discourse? Learn how to fucking discourse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.