Go Back   AFA Forums > Religions, cults and other woo > Fantasy Island

Fantasy Island A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81  
Old 13th October 2010, 12:02 AM
Logic please's Avatar
Logic please Logic please is offline
Kosmological Kalamity...
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Melb (capital of The Nanny State!!!)
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Jailbird

This is an outrage! Annie has asked for this thread to be killed, and I think that we should respect her wishes, without pointless extra posts which end up bumping the thre.....

(Whoops )
__________________
The Nizkor Project - Know Your Logical Fallacies.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 13th October 2010, 01:10 AM
Sir Patrick Crocodile Sir Patrick Crocodile is offline
-
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 12,377
Wink Re: Jailbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
It's Levini's fault I think.
I am sorry. It's all my fault. Everything is my fault. In fact it's my fault that this thread has been bumped so many times.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 13th October 2010, 02:26 AM
Loki's Avatar
Loki Loki is online now
I've calculated your chance of survival, but I don't think you'll like it.
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Up the creek
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: Jailbird

Wow, no-ones posted for a whole hour. Ooops.
__________________
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."Philip K. Dick

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 13th October 2010, 02:56 AM
Goldenmane's Avatar
Goldenmane Goldenmane is online now
Cuss-tard
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,916
Default Re: Jailbird

I tried to explain, but couldn't make him understand.

ft'gahh

Holding to my sanity Ia as best Ia as could, I f'tagn tried to explain.

I'm sorry. We'll be waiting, below.

The Master calls.

Beware the call of the Black Goat. Beware the call of Shub Niggurath. Or the call of Yog Sothoth, or Iot Sottoth, which are two different entities. And always be wary of the call of Cthulhu. Our master (the mindless screaming Lord at the centre of creation, Azathoth) gets a little snitty when you start worshiping other beings. Sends the bloke with a thousand forms out after you, which is never fun.
__________________
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3
goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 13th October 2010, 03:04 AM
Loki's Avatar
Loki Loki is online now
I've calculated your chance of survival, but I don't think you'll like it.
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Up the creek
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: Jailbird

Ecky Ecky Ecky F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuitbarrel
__________________
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."Philip K. Dick

Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 13th October 2010, 05:02 AM
atheist_angel's Avatar
atheist_angel atheist_angel is offline
Angel ~ duties: Mod
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Nacirema Tribe: located just south of Sanity
Posts: 3,967
Default Re: Jailbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic please View Post
This is an outrage! Annie has asked for this thread to be killed, and I think that we should respect her wishes, without pointless extra posts which end up bumping the thre.....

(Whoops )
I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 13th October 2010, 09:31 AM
wearestardust's Avatar
wearestardust wearestardust is offline
purveyor of agitprop
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canberra
Posts: 5,953
Default Re: Jailbird

Giving credit where credit is due, say what you like about Col Jessep or the Troyster, they have both restrained themselves from posting in this thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptick View Post
This paper only shows that for every piece of literary junk, there’ll be a junk journal somewhere willing to publish it. Shame on you for claiming this as evidence to support your argument.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 13th October 2010, 09:32 AM
wearestardust's Avatar
wearestardust wearestardust is offline
purveyor of agitprop
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canberra
Posts: 5,953
Default Re: Jailbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenmane View Post
IBeware the call of the Black Goat.
Really, I think the mods have had enough lately.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptick View Post
This paper only shows that for every piece of literary junk, there’ll be a junk journal somewhere willing to publish it. Shame on you for claiming this as evidence to support your argument.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 13th October 2010, 09:35 AM
Fearless's Avatar
Fearless Fearless is offline
Ehh?
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbournite
Posts: 5,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearestardust View Post
Giving credit where credit is due, say what you like about Col Jessep or the Troyster, they have both restrained themselves from posting in this thread.
I am sure there is some deeper point you are making here. Feel free to PM me about it if you want.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 13th October 2010, 09:46 AM
wearestardust's Avatar
wearestardust wearestardust is offline
purveyor of agitprop
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canberra
Posts: 5,953
Default Re: Jailbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irreverent Mr Black View Post
The argument from absence?
Sooo .... this thead is evidence that CJ and the Troyster don't exist?

Hmmm. Intuitively plausible ...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptick View Post
This paper only shows that for every piece of literary junk, there’ll be a junk journal somewhere willing to publish it. Shame on you for claiming this as evidence to support your argument.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.