Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > General Chit Chat About Atheism

General Chit Chat About Atheism Something on your mind?

Old 20th December 2017, 12:34 AM
AFA Member

Default The Christian Delusion

I just enjoyed watching/listening to a Richard Carrier presentation of his book, "The Christian Delusion, Why Faith Fails" that he made about 7 years ago. This one doesn't bang on about the Jesus Myth, but it had some good take aways, like why it is important to use critical thinking, the psychology of beliefs, the best ways to evangelise atheism etc. Even if you don't like Carrier for his personal defects, I think that you would enjoy watching this.

It had some technical hitches, so skip the first 4 mins. The question time was interesting too, from about 48:45, with a surgeon asking if there is a viable alternative to pastoral care of the terminally ill. It also had a reference to Tom Flynn, Executive Director of The Council for Secular Humanism, Editor of Free Inquiry magazine, and Director of the Robert Green Ingersoll Birthplace Museum. https://www.centerforinquiry.net/speakers/flynn_tom/

Table of contents for the book (which I haven't read yet, but plan to) is here: https://sites.google.com/site/thechr...le-of-contents

Oh and he didn't answer this, even though he said he would get to it: Acerbophobia is the fear of sourness or things that taste sour.
Thank pipbarber thanked this post