Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 17th December 2017, 07:11 PM

Default Re: I'm Back

all I do is speak and I get bullied - very nasty - none of you are friendly or welcoming
Laugh at Blue Lightning, Stubby laughed at this post
Old 17th December 2017, 07:16 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
Boris said View Post
all I do is speak and I get bullied - very nasty - none of you are friendly or welcoming

Mod note.
If you don't show exactly where this happened right now you will be suspended again.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Like Annie liked this post
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black, odd thanked this post
Old 17th December 2017, 08:22 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Boris said View Post
You see - I say something and I am bullied without mercy - even banned when I did nothing except speak.

You people really are nasty.

If you don't believe me you are worse than I thought.
Mod note: Very short leash Boris - If you complain of bullying again and do not report a post you know what will happen. It doesn't have to be like this, ball is in your court.
Quote:
Boris said View Post

Mod note: Boris is currently suspended, again. Boris has been told to report the posts where he asserts he is being bullied. It's a simple request. And yet nothing is forthcoming.

Boris you will be suspended every single time you complain and do not provide any evidence.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Like Mjt liked this post
Old 17th December 2017, 11:38 PM
I Walk With Dog

Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky, the majority believe you.
Tell people the paint is wet, they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

Like Annie liked this post
Old 8th January 2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
wolty said View Post
Mod note.
If you don't show exactly where this happened right now you will be suspended again.
You are the bully - just one
Old 8th January 2018, 09:33 PM

everything I say and do is wrong and I am bullied - you nasty bastards
Old 8th January 2018, 09:50 PM
I Walk With Dog

Quote:
Boris said View Post
How's the passive-aggro working out for you, sonny?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muppet-balcomy-zzzz.jpg (103.4 KB, 35 views)

Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky, the majority believe you.
Tell people the paint is wet, they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

Like loubert, Annie liked this post
Laugh at loubert laughed at this post
Old 8th January 2018, 10:56 PM
What Me Deluded?

Rational Wiki

Persecution Complex

Quote:
...one of the great secrets of human nature is that the one thing people want more than love, security, sex, chocolate or big-screen TV's is to feel hard done by. Why? Because being hard done by is the shit. Feeling hard done by is the sweetest of drugs. If you're being persecuted -- it must mean you're doing the right thing, right? You get the mellow buzz of the moral high ground, but without arrogantly claiming it as your own. You get an instant, supportive community in a big dark scary world of such scope it may well literally be beyond rational human processing. When you are hard done by, you get purpose in a life where otherwise, you'd have to find your own. And when you ride that high, then no amount of logic, no pointing out that in actuality you and your beliefs are at a high point of popularity and influence for the last hundred years -- is going to pry that sweet crack-pipe of moral indignation from your hands.
—John Rogers

See also Persecutory Delusion

Boris, if we could just cancel everything and start afresh, I remain dubious that you wouldn't again construe and fabricate a claim that you were being persecuted.

Martyrdom is never endearing, especially here. Rationality isn't counter-empathic. That's a nonsense. I have found the AFA Forums humanising, and edifying. We are still human. Reasoned, evidence based discourse, informed by science, evolution, is healthy, life affirming. This is the only way to orient to reality, to substantive understandings and to connect properly.

There is no stigma in seeing a psychologist, or a psychiatrist for medication. I see one 6 monthly. He is happy to hear what I am engaged in. That's his job, which he takes seriously, to see that I am doing well. There is mutual respect. I am glad I found him.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 8th January 2018, 11:14 PM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
Boris said View Post
G'day Boris!

I think we need to unpack a bunch of stuff if we're to make any sense of what you're saying. Unfortunately, I'm not a therapist, and we don't keep one on staff, so I don't think we're in a position to help you.

You've been provided with clear directives as to how you might usefully interact with this community, and you've utterly refused to even slightly acknowledge said advice, and just held the low ground and flung invective.

My advice is that you have two options that might bear useful fruit.

1) Actually try to engage with the community here, accepting that this involves a degree of interaction and not calling people names becaue they disagree with you; or

2) Just fuck off somewhere else.

I don't pretend to know what your personal narrative is as it involves your tenure here. Presumably it involves us all being bullies in some apparently undefinable sense. WHat has me totally fucked is: how do you manage to win according to your narrative?

Do you just keep calling us bullies until our heads cave in? Do you keep flinging unsupported accusations around until you get expunged? Do you think that somehow all these people in this community who you have repeatedly and undeservedly accused will somehow have a miraculous change of heart and welcome you to their fucking table?

No, dude, that's not how this works. How this works is: You refuse to accept anything about the community and toss around accusations because people in the community don't give quite the fucks about you that you think you deserve, and after a while the formerly welcoming community gets tired of your shit and tells you to fuck off.

It might not be perfect, but it's just how this shit works. Here, if you want to gain acceptance, you have to be able to formulate a fucking argument. That's the ground floor. Flinging shit is not on the ground floor, and in fact we operate on a sort of Mobius floorplan, where it comes around again to flinging shit but in a higher dimension. Try to keep up. Oh, sorry, for a second I thought you could follow.

Come on, join me on this flight of whimsy, mate. Or, you know, go away and stop behaving like an entitled toddler.

@Goldenmane3

Like SEG, Strato, loubert liked this post
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 9th January 2018, 12:31 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Boris said View Post
Hi Boris,
Maybe you should do some more research and refine your arguments? We all want to be respected and hope that our contributions to conversations will be taken seriously and be considered as a peer.

You lost me and probably most others here when you said this in frustration:

Quote:
You disrespect me and Mary Boyce - you are a Cunt
You didn't apologise for saying this and finally got reprimanded accordingly by the mods a few times. I applaud you for your persistence, but I don't get it that you think that you are being persecuted unnecessarily. You're not in this for the hunting are you?

Quote:
THE BEAR HUNTER

A group of men go up into the mountains to go bear hunting. The first morning out, Bill goes out on his own. He comes to a clearing on a hill overlooking a field and sees a bear slowly strolling across the field. He gets the bear in his sites and fires. He then looks all around, but he can't find the bear.

All of a sudden, he feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around, and there's the bear. The bear knocks the gun out of his hands, and Bill stands there shaking in his boots.

The bear yells at him, saying he's sick and tired of being shot at and gives Bill an ultimatum. The bear tells him that he can either drop to his knees and blow him, or the bear will eat his face.

Bill immediately drops to his knees and obliges the bear. The bear walks away contented and Bill find his way back to the cabin.

The next morning, Bill takes an even bigger gun with him and goes to the same place he saw the bear before. And sure enough, there was the bear strolling across the field again. Bill gets all excited, gets the bear in his sites and shoots! He looks all around, but there is no bear. All of a sudden he feels a tap on his shoulder again. He turns around, and, surprise, there's the bear. The bear looks at him, knocks the gun out of his hand, and says,''You know the routine.''

Bill drops to his knees and obliges the bear again. When he's done, the bear walks away smoking a cigarette and Bill stumbles back to his cabin.

Bill is all pissed off now. He grabs the biggest gun he can find and heads to the same spot again. And sure enough, there is the bear strolling across the field again. He gets the bear in his sites, and says to himself, ''Now this bear's gonna fuckin' get it!'' He pulls the trigger and, "Ka-BOOM!" He looks all over again, but no bear. Then, just as before, he feels the same tap at his shoulder. He turns around, there's the bear standing there with a big smirk on his face. He looks down at Bill and says, ''You're not in this for the hunting are you?'''