Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 9th February 2017, 05:55 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Hello and 'debaptism'

Almost freezing in Perf! Rains. Blunderstorms [thunderstorms that don't seem to know what the fuck they are doing!].
Old 9th February 2017, 05:58 PM
Proceed at own risk

I'll swap you 42 degrees western Sydney working outside in the sun for a beautiful thunderstorm in Perth!
Old 9th February 2017, 06:21 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post
I am not sure what you hope to achieve, given your belief in an immortal soul. Do you think that the fairy tale they were baptized into is less valid than the fairy tale you subscribe to?
Welcome to the forum by the way.
Did i miss something? What fairy tale is being subscribed to here? immortal soul?

I can fully see why someone would want to debaptize from the Catholic church. It's a symbolic statement i guess, but sometimes these things are important.

Anyway, welcome Rachel, hope you find a solution to your problem.
Rachel has indicated in her public profile that she believes in an immortal soul. I just find it unusual for a believer to want to debaptize their kids.
Old 9th February 2017, 06:22 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
rachel2017 said View Post
Hello all from the very very warm Illawarra
I feel happy to be part of this group. I am seeking information on how to 'de-baptise' my children from the catholic church. It it possible to even do it? Thanks everyone and stay cool today.
The fact is, children can't be forced to be members of a religion because that requires informed consent, of which children aren't capable. Even if the parent agree at the time it has no binding requirement on the children once they reach the age of reason and enlightenment.

In keeping with that you can download the de-baptismal certificate from the Freedom From Religion Foundation, I am sure they won't mind you using it!

https://ffrf.org/publications/debaptism-certificate
Old 9th February 2017, 06:26 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
knowledge is power said View Post
I'll swap you 42 degrees western Sydney working outside in the sun for a beautiful thunderstorm in Perth!
Oh, I should have said I woz enjoying such weather KIP!
Old 9th February 2017, 10:05 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post
Rachel has indicated in her public profile that she believes in an immortal soul. I just find it unusual for a believer to want to debaptize their kids.
Got it. Sorry Bruce, didn't read the profile.
Old 9th February 2017, 10:33 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
I feel happy to be part of this group. I am seeking information on how to 'de-baptise' my children from the catholic church. It it possible to even do it? Thanks everyone and stay cool today.
Welcome. You could go to your local catholic cult center of worship and let them know you want out. I did this with a certain Christian organisation when I was quite young and asked to be taken off their records, completely. Be prepared for them laying on the guilt nonsense.
Personally I'm not sure you are prepared given that you imagine a soul exists and that will no doubt what they target in their guilt trip.

What does a 'catholic baptism' mean and matter anyway if you know it's BS.
Just a piece of paper from an organisation that imagines things exist that don't.
It's it just a protest at the catholic churches pedo enabling?
Or a de baptism certificate...
https://ffrf.org/publications/debaptism-certificate

These are widely available in various forms
Old 9th February 2017, 10:36 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Got it. Sorry Bruce, didn't read the profile.
Considering it's the catholic church it's not surprising that 'believers' want to bail. I'm amazed that anyone turns up. Just goes to show the low standard of person concerned.
Old 10th February 2017, 06:19 PM
AFA Member

Hi Rachel,
Welcome to our forum. I see Iron Chariots has beaten me to the punch with the FFR debaptism certificate.

Also if you like the idea of turning dead Mormons gay so that they can enjoy homosexual thrills in the afterlife, check out this link: http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Last edited by SEG; 10th February 2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 16th February 2017, 07:35 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Quote:
A very warm welcome from me. I'm from Sydney and near your area but I'm too shy to disclose.

You must be very cross with the fact that your kids were baptised. I hope you enjoy the forum and will find good answers to uplift yourself and kids from the plights of ignorance and arrogance!