Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Getting started

Getting started New to atheism or still in the process of removing those final theistic indoctrinations?

Old 10th September 2016, 07:26 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Default Initiative to do awareness campaigns

Hi all,

I would like to be involved in awareness campaigns on imperative issues such as enacting atheism to be a basic human right.

My specialty would be designing websites. However, I'm set in career as an aspiring architect so designing architecture, involving collaboration with scientists, humanitarian workers and educators in order to address adversities surrounding the 21st century world would be of interest.

I have a personal homepage that I think is a good example of something very interesting and appealing to people whatever their age, gender and ethnics. Please check it out!

I hope to get started,

Yours

Azurisan21

Last edited by Azurisan21; 10th September 2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11th September 2016, 06:25 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Initiative to do awareness campaigns

Quote:
Azurisan21 said View Post
Hi all,

I would like to be involved in awareness campaigns on imperative issues such as enacting atheism to be a basic human right.
Hey Azu, do you mean freedom of belief here? I think thats already a human right - not that it seems to matter in dar al-islam or one or two other select spots. The point being, we have the right to be atheist already.
Old 13th September 2016, 01:01 PM

Spiritually.
Old 14th September 2016, 12:22 AM
What Me Deluded?

Quiet waters run deep.
Old 14th September 2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Strato said View Post
Quiet waters run deep.
Yes, that's the true answer to the question what spirituality is.

WELL DONE STRATO... I shall award you the heart of atheism... please wait...

Redacted

Here's your ticket to the heaven!

Last edited by wolty; 5th November 2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: at users request
Old 14th September 2016, 07:55 PM
What Me Deluded?

Translated.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:24 PM
SIR Vacuous cunt
Administrator

Quote:
Hi all,

Isn't it already? *confused*

Quote:
My specialty would be designing websites. However, I'm set in career as an aspiring architect so designing architecture, involving collaboration with scientists, humanitarian workers and educators in order to address adversities surrounding the 21st century world would be of interest.

I have a personal homepage that I think is a good example of something very interesting and appealing to people whatever their age, gender and ethnics. Please check it out!

I hope to get started,

Yours

Azurisan21
It is interesting. Good on you for having a personal web page and exploring web development.

May I be so bold as to suggest that your work may be held back with your chosen site design? Especially if you are wishing to engage the variety of people you are looking at, you may want to focus on content front and centre. I am only saying as I think you really do want constructive feedback hence I am honestly giving it.

You have a very large image that takes up every page at the top, which means actual content takes second place. It doesn't seem to draw me into focussing on the further content of the site as it blows away every page. This would be my major issue with the site that really does hinder me from exploring the content both mentally, but also physically, as I have to circumvent that image every page.

Scaling issues may come to the fore as well and you may not be aware, as for instance, I have a 1440p monitor (which is getting more common nowadays) and it looks like this:

Image redacted by wolty at users request.
One approach is to start with a bare-bones website, make content and usability primary considerations, then add design if it contributes but does not detract.

You may want to think of it in the way you design a house in architecture. A beautiful house is one that incorporates pure functionality in the design, not just the looks.

I hope you see my comments for what they are, feedback on what is good work!

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?

Last edited by wolty; 5th November 2016 at 06:52 PM.
Like DanDare liked this post
Thank Azurisan21 thanked this post
Old 17th September 2016, 12:26 AM

Cool Re: Initiative to do awareness campaigns

Quote:
davo said View Post
Isn't it already? *confused*

It is interesting. Good on you for having a personal web page and exploring web development.

May I be so bold as to suggest that your work may be held back with your chosen site design? Especially if you are wishing to engage the variety of people you are looking at, you may want to focus on content front and centre. I am only saying as I think you really do want constructive feedback hence I am honestly giving it.

You have a very large image that takes up every page at the top, which means actual content takes second place. It doesn't seem to draw me into focussing on the further content of the site as it blows away every page. This would be my major issue with the site that really does hinder me from exploring the content both mentally, but also physically, as I have to circumvent that image every page.

Scaling issues may come to the fore as well and you may not be aware, as for instance, I have a 1440p monitor (which is getting more common nowadays) and it looks like this:

One approach is to start with a bare-bones website, make content and usability primary considerations, then add design if it contributes but does not detract.

You may want to think of it in the way you design a house in architecture. A beautiful house is one that incorporates pure functionality in the design, not just the looks.

I hope you see my comments for what they are, feedback on what is good work!
Yes, your feedback is honest and accurate. However, I'd disagree with changing the angelic figure with less predominance as well as the heavenly sky since the website should be interactive and dynamic.

Last edited by wolty; 5th November 2016 at 06:52 PM. Reason: edited at users request
Old 17th September 2016, 01:29 AM
SIR Vacuous cunt
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, your feedback is honest and accurate. However, I'd disagree with changing the angelic figure with less predominance as well as the heavenly sky since the website should be interactive and dynamic.
How is it interactive and dynamic?

It's a big image that slowly comes into focus, and is on every page and takes up the whole screen. every page. To actually look at content you have to scroll down a full page to it.

You could have that as your front page, but every page seems a bit much to me as a user, it has stopped me from exploring the content as it is a chore to actually get to it. There is interaction and there is having to try and skip a full screen repeat of the same thing every page.

Currently your content stands second to the image on every page in your site. It's a nice image don't get me wrong, but everything else is pushed to a back seat

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?
Like DanDare liked this post
Old 17th September 2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
davo said View Post
How is it interactive and dynamic?

It's a big image that slowly comes into focus, and is on every page and takes up the whole screen. every page. To actually look at content you have to scroll down a full page to it.

You could have that as your front page, but every page seems a bit much to me as a user, it has stopped me from exploring the content as it is a chore to actually get to it. There is interaction and there is having to try and skip a full screen repeat of the same thing every page.

Currently your content stands second to the image on every page in your site. It's a nice image don't get me wrong, but everything else is pushed to a back seat
Yes, this is what I intend to - I'm trying to ensure it is equitable for all.

Last edited by Azurisan21; 17th September 2016 at 06:13 AM.