Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old 2nd June 2016, 11:00 PM
What Me Deluded?

Default Re: AFAs risky promotion of a "I have [No Religion]" in the upcoming Australian Elect

I think we had another cowgull...

Not a username I would choose for an eponym, especially if I intended to do try and do some good.

We were sitting around drinking red, when the Principal of a private Anglican school was asked if he believed? He said 'I follow Christian Principles.'

I said what are they such that anything of real value among such 'principles' is not already comprehended in humanism?

He said he didn't want to discuss it anymore. He said he felt he was under attack.

Jesus! Sorry!

But my bad. I should have taken from Plato, asking innocent but probing questions.
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:09 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: AFAs risky promotion of a "I have [No Religion]" in the upcoming Australian Elect

Fuck, I love youse all.
Like wolty, workmx liked this post
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:12 PM
AFA Member

And I love ethical discussion from Ted Bundy.

Um, no I don't.
Old 6th June 2016, 11:54 AM
AFA Member

I think we have to decouple, in the public's mind, the notion that group fitness and altruism was invented by religion. "Doing good deeds" is an invention of biological evolution, present in all social animals.

I would like to bet that many people when they hear an atheists say: "they have no religion" it is interpreted as : " I have no morals, or compassion, or generosity of spirit".

Thus atheists are mistakenly regarded as "depleted" people at best and devils at worst.

We can't push this idea too much. Plagiarizing the works of biological evolution, and falsely giving the magic sky people the credit is the causes of much misunderstanding and misery in human society.

Atheists do not "lack" anything. We are fully human.
Like Logic please, Strato liked this post
Old 6th June 2016, 12:17 PM
Feminazi and semi-professional inconoclast

DBD - I will be happy when the public realise that the morality "argument" for theism is flawed.
Old 6th June 2016, 03:37 PM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
Darwinsbulldog said View Post
I think we have to decouple, in the public's mind, the notion that group fitness and altruism was invented by religion. "Doing good deeds" is an invention of biological evolution, present in all social animals.

I would like to bet that many people when they hear an atheists say: "they have no religion" it is interpreted as : " I have no morals, or compassion, or generosity of spirit".

Thus atheists are mistakenly regarded as "depleted" people at best and devils at worst.

We can't push this idea too much. Plagiarizing the works of biological evolution, and falsely giving the magic sky people the credit is the causes of much misunderstanding and misery in human society.

Atheists do not "lack" anything. We are fully human.
Oh, come on Rob. You know full well that as atheists, we are totally divorced from civil behaviour and utterly dedicated to manipulating our fellow humans.

(Cut to the Bulldog and the Mane arguing over whether Bulldog is justified paying me an extra few bucks because the work was harder this week. Bulldog's arguing *for*.)

@Goldenmane3

Like Logic please, Strato liked this post
Old 7th June 2016, 01:59 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Goldenmane said View Post
Oh, come on Rob. You know full well that as atheists, we are totally divorced from civil behaviour and utterly dedicated to manipulating our fellow humans.

(Cut to the Bulldog and the Mane arguing over whether Bulldog is justified paying me an extra few bucks because the work was harder this week. Bulldog's arguing *for*.)
Sorry to insult your math BTW....it was accurate.

Ah, the burden of being a bloated plutocrat--industrial controversies everywhere.

We haz sand, BTW.....but for now I gotta shift my fat butt off my chair and go get the rest of those cement slabs.
Old 10th June 2016, 11:36 PM
AFA Member

Any preferences? Or should I keep trying?

Old 11th June 2016, 01:11 AM

Middle one is clearly classier!
Old 11th June 2016, 01:49 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Spearthrower said View Post
Middle one is clearly classier!
I like it too, but I think I'll keep messing with it. Things on back of shirt? I know that can cost more though...