Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old 22nd November 2015, 09:01 PM
AFA Member

Thumbs up Support petition: Remove advancement of religion as a charitable purpose

Meredith Doig of the Rationalist Society of Australia has written in favour of this
Petition: remove “advancement of religion” as a charitable purpose

http://rationalrazor.com/petition-re...table-purpose/

Please support this petition.
Like wolty liked this post
Old 22nd November 2015, 09:18 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Support petition: Remove advancement of religion as a charitable purpose

been there signed that
Old 22nd November 2015, 09:19 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Support petition: Remove advancement of religion as a charitable purpose

Done and shared.
Old 22nd November 2015, 09:28 PM
Like a supermod without the lycra

Done and shared
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:07 PM
Cuss-tard

Signed.

@Goldenmane3

Old 22nd November 2015, 10:37 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

While it may make us feel good to do so, I'm very skeptical as to whether signing such petitions has any measurable effect?

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:58 PM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
two dogs said View Post
While it may make us feel good to do so, I'm very skeptical as to whether signing such petitions has any measurable effect?
I am too, but it took three seconds or so and it might help, and the next question is whether anything I do has any measurable effect.

I like to think it has an effect, I'd like to think it could be measured, but I don't know. But I'll keep fucking fighting. No-one is going to remember me when I die. There's never going to be a movie about me. And that's fine. I know that none of us, fighting for human rights as we really are, are doing it to be lauded or remembered or having statues made.

We are ordinary people. Okay, we are ordinary people who don't believe in gods, whatver the fuck gods are supposed to be, but we are ordinary people who really only speak out because we are subject to injustice, and are able to recognise that experience of injustice in others', and so we tend to combine like a Voltron of 'wtf?'

I signed the petition, not knowing if it will work. It might not. But I'm marking my territory, pissing on my post, and saying this is where I stand.

I may be wrong.

@Goldenmane3

Like robertkd, pipbarber, joele, Stubby liked this post
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:44 AM
AFA Member

Signed and commented also, just read the comments, sigh.

Oh and Goldenmane Rule # fucking 3 will be around long after we are all gone and forgotten
Old 23rd November 2015, 02:54 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
Signed and commented also, just read the comments, sigh.

Oh and Goldenmane Rule # fucking 3 will be around long after we are all gone and forgotten
Goldenmane's third fucking rule will not survive the heat-death of the universe, so what's the point?
Old 23rd November 2015, 04:45 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Darwinsbulldog said View Post
Goldenmane's third fucking rule will not survive the heat-death of the universe, so what's the point?
Typical atheist, so the universe is going end in trillions of years and it's going to be years before the next universe starts so it's pointless doing anything at all?