Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old 1st January 2016, 01:56 PM
Anonymising my profile for a while...

Default Re: Creationists manipulating search results

To be honest I'm actually kind of impressed by their SEO team / programmer lol. That's great search marketing. Our agency could do with a couple of them haha.

To be fair though I'd imagine that many of the "true" answer websites don't have great SEO themselves. Perhaps they can grab some SEO savvy pros to promote some of their pages.
Old 1st January 2016, 09:42 PM

Another one! Honestly these religious types must be working 24/7 to keep their results at the top of Googles search engine returns.

Typed in youtube science and the first one was the Discovery Institute, some fundy group making the claim that intelligent design is a theory and a science.
I've sent feedback to Google already. I don't know if it will do any good in the long run, but not giving them feedback makes me feel as if I'm accepting the inevitable.
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:13 AM
AFA Member

Well, the fact that creationists feel the need to manipulate search engines must make them feel they have a very robust theory!
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
sifer said View Post
Taken from http://slashdot.org

It looks like some Creationists are manipulating search results to ensure websites pushing religion are appearing in response to queries about science. Ask Google "What happened to the dinosaurs?" and you'll see links to Creationist sites right at the top. (And, right now, several hits to sites taking note of it.) Google has a feedback link waiting for you to use it.
Odd but I only get that result if I type 'What REALLY happened to the dinosaurs' Typing what happened brings up a lot of links not about creationism