Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Getting started

Getting started New to atheism or still in the process of removing those final theistic indoctrinations?

Old 23rd April 2014, 11:58 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Jesus had sex?

Anyone else just read the title of the thread and get the complete heebie-jeebies?

Must be all the years of seeing the image and thinking:

"No, I never had sex, I never masturbated, and you'll go to hell for thinking such filthy things you disgusting sinner person".
Old 24th April 2014, 07:02 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
TokenSkeptic said View Post
Anyone else just read the title of the thread and get the complete heebie-jeebies?

Must be all the years of seeing the image and thinking:

"No, I never had sex, I never masturbated, and you'll go to hell for thinking such filthy things you disgusting sinner person".
Had sex? I'm not so sure. But looking at how his followers behave he may have been a habitual masturbater.

EDM
Old 24th April 2014, 10:21 AM
AFA Member

Well, it's mostly all myth anyway. But those disciples seemed unreasonably nasty & jealous about Mary. I reckon they were shaggin'. Of course in those days it was pretty normal to hate women...
Old 24th April 2014, 05:26 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Darwinsbulldog said View Post
Well, it's mostly all myth anyway. But those disciples seemed unreasonably nasty & jealous about Mary. I reckon they were shaggin'. Of course in those days it was pretty normal to hate women...
It still is not as abnormal as it should be. . But yes there does seem to be a sexual undercurrent going on with Mary.

EDM
Old 2nd May 2014, 02:18 PM
Sorry Thor, Tesla closed your gap

According to Morton Smith, a highly respected scholar of the early church, jebus may have been into homosexual necrophilia. He discovered a letter (then it was lost again ) from Clement of Alexandria discussing a "secret gospel of Mark". It also mentions another linen clad chap who was arrested with jebus in the garden (another all night lesson?) but escaped at the cost of his linens.
Quote:
wiki said
Morton Smith indicates that in Clement's letter, the presentation of the young man in the linen cloth has homoerotic connotations. Following Mark 10:34, Clement writes in his letter, the story of Jesus raising the young man from the dead, who then loves Jesus and begs to stay with him. After six days, the young man comes to Jesus in the evening, clothed in nothing but a linen garment, and spends the night, during which time Jesus teaches him the mystery of the Kingdom of God.
Quote:
wiki said
In Mark 14:51-52, a young man in a linen cloth is seized during Jesus' arrest, but he escapes at the cost of his clothing. This passage seems to have little to do with the rest of the narrative, and it has given cause to various interpretations. Often it is suggested that the young man is Mark himself
Old 3rd May 2014, 10:05 PM
What Me Deluded?

1 Peter 1:13 "Gird up the loins of your mind..."

Goodness gracious me! This is just increasing the loneliness of Calvary.

Where the Spirit of God came upon the Blessed Virgin Mary (the BVM), and Jesus the Son of God said "I and the Father are one," this formally makes Christ Jesus a motherfucker.

Last edited by Strato; 3rd May 2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: self censorship
Old 4th May 2014, 11:43 PM

My first though, inspired by "in a journal" was that 'In which journal was it published?'

One publication is in the Cambridge Journal Theological Review under the title "The Gospel of Jesus's Wife: A Preliminary Paleographical Assessment"
Old 7th May 2014, 08:51 PM

Location: An unreality bubble drifting pointlessly amid the precipitating memes of Australasian orangutans .

If Jesus had sex then he must have been a fucker.
Old 7th May 2014, 09:56 PM

As an atheist, I do not agree with everything religion may postulate. Despite this, I try to show them a modicum of respect, but certainly no more than that. :P The material presented in this thread is under academic scrutiny and does not necessarily imply that Jesus had engaged in sexual relations.
Old 9th May 2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
BlueDevil said View Post
Dis Jesus have sex?

Well I always did wonder exactly what was meant in the story where Jesus 'rode' a donkey into a village.
It seems he may have liked himself a little ass.

Does that mean he was Gay? I mean he did always hangout with blokes. Who knows wtf went on behind the bushes. I mean just have a look at the Catholic Church.