Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 17th June 2017, 11:49 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Welcome from AFA President

G'day and welcome to the Atheist Foundation of Australia Forum!

Atheism is disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods - but there's so much to talk about in terms of why and what next.

The Atheist Foundation of Australia's Forum (or AFA Forum) is the place where we can discuss these matters - and lots more.

In order to best facilitate open and safe discussions, we have the Forum Moderators. Please review the forums infraction system, to help guide your use of the forum.

The Forum is also run by Administrators, who help support an entertaining, informative and thought-provoking site; ultimately, you are responsible for what you express here, so use your words and actions responsibly, in order to keep the conversations going. Members of the AFA also have additional forum boards they can access, so consider supporting the running of this site by joining up.

The moderators are happy to help with any questions or issues you may have - tremendous thanks to them and the volunteers who help make the AFA Forums possible.

Regards,

Kylie Sturgess
President
Atheist Foundation of Australia
www.atheistfoundation.org.au.
Email: info@atheistfoundation.org.au
Old 21st September 2017, 05:35 PM
AFA Member

I am pleased to have joined the Forum. I have been a non-believer since my teens and am greatly concerned about how religion is currently affecting the world in ever increasing negative ways. I think there needs to be a serious debate regarding the "respect" we are told to give religious views which are, in my view should be redefined as a serious mental condition.
Old 30th November 2017, 10:10 PM

I am almost 71 years old, male and fed up with religious nonsense pervading every society on the planet. I believe all religions are part of an extensive myth-making industry and people everywhere should be made aware of it.

I began my atheist experience around 5 years of age and it grew steadily and strongly over more than a thousand Sundays. When family, friends, colleagues and neighbours heard that I was "one of them" - an atheist - I could feel the chill. I love the feeling because it shows that I am right and they are hypocrites, going against what they preach and teach. So that's why I'm here, a member now of this Forum.
Old 1st January 2018, 04:41 AM

Thanks for the opportunity to participate on the forums. I have had so much to say about the awful ignorance and ....well abuse by god botherers but no-one to talk to about it.
I am concerned about the effect on Australians' civil liberties / social institutions by these born again christian cults.
Like The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
Old 1st January 2018, 07:45 PM
I Walk With Dog

Quote:
DougJ said View Post
I am pleased to have joined the Forum. I have been a non-believer since my teens and am greatly concerned about how religion is currently affecting the world in ever increasing negative ways. I think there needs to be a serious debate regarding the "respect" we are told to give religious views which are, in my view should be redefined as a serious mental condition.
G'day, Doug!

Your reply was kind-of lost under the President's welcome, but the upcoming review of religious privilege freedoms means your concerns are more timely than ever.

I hope you drop in more frequently.

Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky, the majority believe you.
Tell people the paint is wet, they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

Old 1st January 2018, 07:47 PM
I Walk With Dog

Quote:
Chandy said View Post
I am almost 71 years old, male and fed up with religious nonsense pervading every society on the planet. I believe all religions are part of an extensive myth-making industry and people everywhere should be made aware of it.

I began my atheist experience around 5 years of age and it grew steadily and strongly over more than a thousand Sundays. When family, friends, colleagues and neighbours heard that I was "one of them" - an atheist - I could feel the chill. I love the feeling because it shows that I am right and they are hypocrites, going against what they preach and teach. So that's why I'm here, a member now of this Forum.
Welcome aboard, Chandy! Sorry for the late welcome, but your post was in an unexpected place.

I hope we chat more in 2018.

Old 1st January 2018, 08:00 PM
I Walk With Dog

Quote:
wottacroc said View Post
Thanks for the opportunity to participate on the forums. I have had so much to say about the awful ignorance and ....well abuse by god botherers but no-one to talk to about it.
I am concerned about the effect on Australians' civil liberties / social institutions by these born again christian cults.
Welcome, Wottacroc.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Old 1st January 2018, 08:45 PM
You get what everyone gets....you get a lifetime

Hi y'all

Like TokenSkeptic liked this post