Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Global Atheist Convention Forum

Global Atheist Convention Forum All discussions regarding the AFA's Global Atheist Conventions

Old 19th May 2012, 08:32 PM

Default An epiphany

Hello - This my first new thread in the AFA forum and it relates to my thoughts post the Global Atheist Convention:

So here goes - Religion doesn't make religious people good and nor does lack of it make non-religious people bad!!

WAS and I come from fundamentalist Christian backgrounds and I have to say that i experienced more generosity and joy from people I didn't know at the convention than I can remember from the church group we joined and were part of for 13 over years.

Just saying
Old 19th May 2012, 08:48 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Default Re: An epiphany

Quote:
bettyboop said View Post
Religion doesn't make religious people good and nor does lack of it make non-religious people bad!!
Although I think we know it, it is always nice to hear again.

Quote:
bettyboop said
WAS and I come from fundamentalist Christian backgrounds and I have to say that i experienced more generosity and joy from people I didn't know at the convention than I can remember from the church group we joined and were part of for 13 over years.

Just saying
From my perspective, I have met and hung out with many many forum members over the last few years, hell I even met someone very special to me.

The gac was like hanging out with all the people I love, all in one place and all celebrating mutual respect and understanding, on steroids. I loved it and it will be something I remember for the rest of my life.

The joy at finding other people who think like me, or our brains are wired the same way, means so very much to me.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 19th May 2012, 09:03 PM
Nasty

I have found the same in the years I've been here. After meeting many people here in real life I know that if I could choose the people I could live amongst, it would be them. Oh and mumsie. She's awesome.

This forum also provided me with a very significant, significant other.