Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Global Atheist Convention Forum

Global Atheist Convention Forum All discussions regarding the AFA's Global Atheist Conventions

Old 19th May 2012, 01:31 PM
Default Broadcast on ABC News 24

I didn't get to go to the convention, so I found it wonderful while flicking through TV channels today to see that some of the talks are being shown on ABC News 24. It makes me wonder whether or not something like an atheist convention would be broadcast live on national TV in highly religious countries such as the US.
Old 27th May 2012, 05:01 PM
There was cheese
Default Re: Broadcast on ABC News 24

Protium said View Post
Then the Extended version of the speeches by A C Grayling and Daniel Dennett will broadcast on ABC1 Wednesday 23rd May at 11am Big Ideas Extended.

(..., and the Extended program on ABC News24 on Sunday 27th May at 1pm...
Just to let you know, this was shown on the free-to-air Australia Network, at 2pm Hong Kong time! I think AN is broadcast across Asia.
What, indeed, is an atheist? He is one who destroys delusions which are harmful to humanity in order to lead men back to nature, to reality, to reason. Baron d'Holbach

If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men. Baron d'Holbach
Old 23rd June 2012, 05:24 PM
This message has been deleted by wolty. Reason: Spam