Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Global Atheist Convention Forum

Global Atheist Convention Forum All discussions regarding the AFA's Global Atheist Conventions

Old 21st April 2012, 08:41 PM
Default Re: Jim Jefferies cross the line?

I find Drawn Together funny, a cartoon that will probably offend anyone of any gender, religion, sexuality, ethnicity and 50 other things. I love the show because of its in your face sick crude humor but some people I know cant stand it and hate it.

Since I enjoy it does that mean iam a sexist, racist, homophobic prick? Of course not. If iam going to get my morals, how i act or how I interact with others from a comedy/comedian..... well ild be in prison.

I think JJ has a done a good job with his comedy with the amount of discussion around sexism that is being generated and I think people can laugh at these jokes because its an embarrasing and shaming part of human history that we are trying to right and to just see how pathetic and petty people were, who thought like the steroetypes he protrayed, is just laughable now that complete equality can be a reality in this generation

hope that makes sense, iam getting into some homebrew
Evil is Evil, lesser, greater, middling it makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary, the definitions blurred. If iam to choose between one Evil or another, ild rather not choose at all - Geralt of Rivia - Killing Monsters
Old 21st April 2012, 09:51 PM
Explorer of Inner Space

gruber said View Post
hope that makes sense, iam getting into some homebrew
An admiral effort to express your viewpoint Gruber, despite the influence of homebrew!
"Instead of being born again why don't you just grow up"

Old 21st April 2012, 11:15 PM

On the positive side, Stella Young was a stand-out for me. Very funny but also challenging and thought-provoking.