Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Global Atheist Convention Forum

Global Atheist Convention Forum All discussions regarding the AFA's Global Atheist Conventions

Old 23rd April 2012, 05:01 PM

Girlcrushus extremesis! She's pretty hot, in lots of ways! LOL!
Old 23rd April 2012, 07:29 PM
Freestyle all the way baby!

Default Re: Stupid or funny things you said to speakers or each other.

Fiona was one of my main drawcards - I was so delighted to meet her. I got a photo taken with her with my Vote 1 Sex party top - but for some reason, it didn't turn out, so no photo

She has such a warm and friendly disposition.
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:21 PM
Up there for thinking...

Quote:
coffee said View Post
Ah ... Logic ... how kind. But how to FIND people in that throng? If there's a 2014 event and I'm still amongst the living I might be more outgoing next time.

I wonder if there's any value in having a thread that links people who live within commuting distance of GAC who have a room to spare during the conference with people from out of town (I flew in from the Northern Rivers, NSW) who would appreciate staying in a welcoming home rather than an impersonal hotel.

Although having said that I did enjoy the total luxury of a queen-sized bed to myself (ALL MINE and only me snoring!!!) and a very quiet studio room with excellent facilities right in the heart of the city (Flinders Lane).

I think GAC would have been improved enormously for me by being able to link up with a small group of people before the event. Eye-catching group T-shirts?
Hang in here on these forums and you'll have a ready made group next time

i sent this from my iPad
“The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more.” -Christopher Hitchens
Old 1st May 2012, 04:40 PM

On Saturday when Lawrence Krauss was surrounded by people asking him questions, my mum hung around till he was about to leave and the crowd had dispersed so that she could tell him how much she appreciated his talk because she's a junior science teacher and she's always got kids asking her about dark matter etc. and he helped her understand all that physicsy stuff. He told her that she was "on the front lines" and then he said: "You're doing God's work!"

It was pretty awesome. My mum has never been into any kind of celebrity worship, but he made her go all fangirly.

Last edited by Rachel; 1st May 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 1st May 2012, 08:49 PM
Freestyle all the way baby!

Quote:
Rachel said View Post
On Saturday when Lawrence Krauss was surrounded by people asking him questions, my mum hung around till he was about to leave and the crowd had dispersed so that she could tell him how much she appreciated his talk because she's a junior science teacher and she's always got kids asking her about dark matter etc. and he helped her understand all that physicsy stuff. He told her that she was "on the front lines" and then he said: "You're doing God's work!"

It was pretty awesome. My mum has never been into any kind of celebrity worship, but he made her go all fangirly.
That's a great story Nearly beats A.C complimenting my table top dancing okay, it does beat it
Old 3rd May 2012, 06:13 PM
-

Quote:
Dancer said View Post
That's a great story Nearly beats A.C complimenting my table top dancing okay, it does beat it
I heard from an invisible source that the speakers couldn't keep up with the dancing. In fact, I heard that a subwoofer went on a rampage and frightened the dog. Then, four midrange drivers shouted at a bus.
Old 3rd May 2012, 06:17 PM
Bent crusader

Quote:
wolty said View Post
Oh, the Brissy lady who isn't Annie or Logic? She had it bad.
Was it me?

No, wait, I was the OTHER Brissie lady who said something stupid to AC Grayling....

ACG: One advantage of doing things like this is getting to have your photo taken with many attractive women.
Me: Yeah, and I've got the tits out looking nice and all, tonight.

Old 13th May 2012, 08:58 PM

Thats just brilliant!!!!

Quote:
djarm67 said View Post
Tjarm and I came up to Dan Barker and asked if we could get a photo. He said "Yes, of course."

I handed him the camera, nestled up against my wife and told him "just press the silver button"

He just stood there confused.