Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Belief Central

Belief Central A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Old 6th February 2012, 10:37 PM
-

Default Re: Atheists I challenge you to try and find any contradictions with my view of after

I see. So lets start here:

Quote:
I believe that after someone dies their consciousness stops
Right.

Quote:
But the creator "recreates" their consciousness they had but in a "divine" form and places it in a divine body (includes a divine brain as well) which resides in a "heaven"
So the entity who started the universe recreates the consciousness and all... But what is it meant by "divine" and "heaven" - what do those two terms mean?

It's impossible to make this mean anything unless those terms are also defined. What does "divine" mean?
Old 6th February 2012, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Atheists I challenge you to try and find any contradictions with my view of after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewdude View Post
i think you misunderstood my idea

what my idea is.

after a person die. there consciousness stops

but the Creator BRINGS BACK that persons consciousness that had stopped working via death.

that persons consciousness which was BROUGHT BACK by the Creator continues eternally in a type of heavven

that was the view of the after life i was talking about
I have dealt with the practical problems as seriously as I can and you insist of answering the problem I pose with "it's magic."
Without a tenable mechanism and some evidence of it in action, I still can't bring myself to care. You are begging the question and I am sick of it.

"Creator Being can do it because Creator Being can do anything" doesn't solve the problem, it just gives a noun (usually people refer to God) where the solution to the problem should go if one exists. I don't think a solution exists, and I don't think the problem exists, because you haven't shown any evidence that what you propose is happening.

I have been as patient as I can be in trying to get you to think outside your "Creator Being is the acest thing ever" framework and I have failed.

Good day!
Old 6th February 2012, 10:41 PM
Raptured!

reply to theworldslaziest

my answers are in cap

Where does the you who is typing to me go when you sleep?
WELL, YOU DREAM

Did you have your persona from birth, or did it require some assembly?
NOT SURE

Are there chemicals which can dramatically change the way you feel regardless of your initial emotional state and recent events affecting that emotional state? TYPES OF DRUGS AND MEDICINES

Do you go from asleep to completely alert and fully functioning, or is some stocktaking required before you know what, who and where you are?
YOU REQUIRE STOCKTAKING

In short, what makes you the you that you think a god will preserve?
Old 6th February 2012, 10:43 PM
Raptured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslaziestbusker View Post
I have dealt with the practical problems as seriously as I can and you insist of answering the problem I pose with "it's magic."
Without a tenable mechanism and some evidence of it in action, I still can't bring myself to care. You are begging the question and I am sick of it.

"Creator Being can do it because Creator Being can do anything" doesn't solve the problem, it just gives a noun (usually people refer to God) where the solution to the problem should go if one exists. I don't think a solution exists, and I don't think the problem exists, because you haven't shown any evidence that what you propose is happening.

I have been as patient as I can be in trying to get you to think outside your "Creator Being is the acest thing ever" framework and I have failed.

Good day!
but is my view possible at ALL
Old 6th February 2012, 10:44 PM
Raptured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
I see. So lets start here:

Right.

So the entity who started the universe recreates the consciousness and all... But what is it meant by "divine" and "heaven" - what do those two terms mean?

It's impossible to make this mean anything unless those terms are also defined. What does "divine" mean?
divine is like a spirit

heavven is a place where you go to live forever after death
Old 6th February 2012, 10:46 PM
-

Quote:
divine is like a spirit

heavven is a place where you go to live forever after death
So then what is a spirit?

And also, about this heaven... what's it like?

(I notice that when answering questions about definitions, you almost always end up with one obscure word which can have multiple definitions)
Old 6th February 2012, 10:46 PM
Soccer meets facepalm

Quote:

my answers are in cap

WELL, YOU DREAM

NOT SURE

Are there chemicals which can dramatically change the way you feel regardless of your initial emotional state and recent events affecting that emotional state? TYPES OF DRUGS AND MEDICINES

Do you go from asleep to completely alert and fully functioning, or is some stocktaking required before you know what, who and where you are?
YOU REQUIRE STOCKTAKING

In short, what makes you the you that you think a god will preserve?
As an accountant, stocktaking means "counting stock" for the purposes of verifying accounting records with actual "stock" on hand. "Stock" means physical goods, usually held for the purposes of sale, consumption in a production process or for use in maintaing machinery in good working order. How does this relate to your expression of stocktaking?
Old 6th February 2012, 10:51 PM
Don't believe everything you read.. that's called "gullibility".
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
Can you define "The Creator" please.
a creator who is the entity that started the whole universe
Thanks for that - we've never seen a general description of "creator" before...

Please don't be obtuse. The questions are about the specific "creator", "heaven", divine" and "spirit" that you claim are necessary agents in your "hypothesis".

The burden on proof is therefore on you to define these, and provide the evidence for them and their properties / abilities.

Handy Tip: profound-sounding rhetorical questions, and "it is possible AT ALL" wonderings, do not substitute for evidence.
Old 6th February 2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:

my answers are in cap

WELL, YOU DREAM
I thought I was done with this, but since you took the time to answer the initial questions, here are some that stem from them:

Is the you who exists in those dreams the same person?
Do you have the same abilities and limits?
What happens to that person when you wake?

Quote:
NOT SURE
Do you have extensive experience of children?
If not, come back when you have seen a human being "booting up" between the ages of zero and two years. Considerable assembly is required. We are not souls in temporary bodies, but animals who learn who to be through iterations of experience tempered by genetic pre-dispositions.

Quote:
Do you need any further evidence that what you are experiencing as consciousness, with all its intricacies and subtlety, is a neurochemical framework?

Quote:
YOU REQUIRE STOCKTAKING
Again, this seems to me to be evidence that rather than a fixed persona with a capacity for infinite progression, we are a framework of sensory inputs and processing. Read some Oliver Sachs for edifying and terrifying insights into how fragile that framework is, and how tiny changes in that framework can affect massive, sometimes catastrophic changes in how we perceive and interact with the world around ourselves. It's all chemicals. Note that I didn't use the word "just" in that phrase? It's chemicals and it's wonderful. It's also short lived, so make the most of the wonderful chemicals while you have the privilege. Please stop wasting my time and yours with eternal life fantasies until you have some plausible evidence.
Old 6th February 2012, 11:15 PM

Burden of proof on you.
You have no sources/evidence to back your claim.
Raarrrk. Icey want a biscuit.

Is the challenge over yet? I don't see him scoring any 'victories' over us with his wacky claims and lack of backing up.

Quote:
a creator who is the entity that started the whole universe
Refer to my "Who created the creator" posts a few pages back AND post a source to back your claim.

Besides... Anyone can spout crap.
The sky is not there , the oceans are made of lemonade, I am the second Jesus Fucking Christ and my dad is an asshole.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Become evil.