Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Belief Central

Belief Central A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Old 17th February 2012, 06:49 PM
Extant

Default Re: Atheists I challenge you to try and find any contradictions with my view of after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewdude View Post
why cant a creator who has the ability to re create my exact consciousness after i die

not be able to do it?
I have already answered (as has Mr B) by pointing out that your pretend question is completely self-fulfilling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
The word "it" in the first sentence refers to the entire words of the second sentence. Your formal question is,
if there is an X which can do Y, could an X do Y?
Here is a paraphrase of your latest version of your remarkably fatuous question:
why can't a five-armed pelican which has the ability to crochet

not be able to crochet?
If it can, it can, and if it can't it can't. What is the point? The problem is to produce a five-armed pelican, not simply to imagine one.

I asked:
Quote:
My simple response to the "challenge" of your thread title is, "What god? What afterlife?" Without showing even one of these, your view of of the afterlife contradicts itself without difficulty.
Your response was to say
Quote:
2.creator as i said is a powerful maybe not omnipotent being who created whatever made the big bang

heavean is in my definition a general place where people go when they die it might or might not be another dimension

divine is a type of spirituaal material. i cant describe.
None of that answers the questions. It simply expresses your fantasies. For any of it to be remotely true, there is this little requirement called evidence, you see?

Last edited by Xeno; 17th February 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 17th February 2012, 08:11 PM
herping and derping
Administrator

Default Re: Atheists I challenge you to try and find any contradictions with my view of after

Quote:
im not asking if this is true.

i am asking if this is POSSIBLE the slightest
Leprechauns are possible.

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?
Old 17th February 2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
why not?

why cant a creator who has the ability to re create my exact consciousness after i die

not be able to do it?

please answer this

See my first post in this thread. The reason was given early. I explained it to you, but I can't understand it for you. You have to do some work to get your head around some of the concepts you don't seem to have a handle on.
Old 17th February 2012, 08:59 PM
herping and derping
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewdude

not be able to do it?
seriously, is it just me, or does anyone else see the problem with making a statement like:

how can something that has the ability to <insert thing> not have the ability to <insert thing>

Seriously that's absurd.

How can a person that can flap their arms and fly, not have the ability to flap their arms and fly?

I can't for the life of me understand how you can ask a question that assumes it's answer in the definition.

It's an error of reasoning called Begging the Question, a logical fallacy.

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?
Old 17th February 2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
1. I cant show pictures of any of those, all i can say is what if
I can say 'What if' as well.
What if the seas were made of lemonade?
What if I was the smartest man on Mars?
What if becoming fat made you the fastest man in the world?

Big what ifs... But that means nothing. Spectulation doesn't mean true.

Quote:
2.creator as i said is a powerful maybe not omnipotent being who created whatever made the big bang
Who created the creator before the creator created the Big Bang?
And who created that creator who created a creator who created the big bang?

Quote:
heavean is in my definition a general place where people go when they die it might or might not be another dimension
*snrk*
Someone's been reading too many sci-fi books. So far, we haven't even discovered a new dimension, so that leaves this 'heaven' idea full of holes until proven with facts and sources.

Quote:
divine is a type of spirituaal material. i cant describe

Damn right you can't describe it... you don't even know what it is.

Quote:
3.the person experiencing the dreams are my mind
i dont have these abilities when i wake up
In my dreams, I fly on wings of ice.
Never heard of a human who suddendly sprouted wings, died and now gives me these experiences.

Quote:
4. i dont know who created the creator
And thus your arguement falls apart... more so.

Quote:
5. i hope
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Quote:
6. again i dont have evidence. what i am asking is a "what if" question and what i want to know is that although we do not have any evidence ..
COULD this happen?
Quote:
again i dont have evidence.
Quote:
i dont have evidence.
Quote:
dont have evidence
I think we are done here. Mods, I think we can now lock this thread.

Quote:
7.i dont know what that means
Read it again. Look up the big words. Then come back and answer that again.

Quote:
8.i answered that in question 2
No you didn't.

Quote:
9. what creator? what after life? i explained in 2.
No you didn't.

Quote:
10. i answered you
No you didn't.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Become evil.

Last edited by Iseeyouthere; 17th February 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:17 PM

TND
This is what happens (I have watched the documentaries many times)

When you die your consciousness dies unless you are the one. If you are the one(sorry TND you are not the one, I am ) then I turn into the savior doing my flying thing. Everything is going great, I'm a hero, but Zion(heaven) is under attack. I must go to machine city to save Zion.
When I get to machine city I make a deal with the creator(forum mod.) to help get rid of all the crazies that look and talk the same(TND).
TND and I fight then TND says "Every thread that has a beginning has an END...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 17th February 2012, 11:23 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protium View Post
I think our conversations are over. You seem to be trapped in a world no one here has access to.

I hope you find a comfortable pace in in the universe.
Nicely summised Protium
Old 17th February 2012, 11:29 PM

hope this image insert works this time

yesssss

Last edited by Freedom of Thought; 17th February 2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 18th February 2012, 12:20 AM
-

And so it was, The New SUPERCHARGED PROTON HYPER DUDE has failed. It is a sad loss today.

He tried the lot... With a heroic voice, his brave, unmatched, challenge to the Horrible Atheists of doom, was voiced out. It started out with the heroic battle voice of "ATHEISTS? I CHALLENGE YOU TO TRY AND FIND ANY CONTRADICTIONS WITH MY VIEW OF THE AFTERLIFE!"

He had the upperhand there... he dodged the questions. He ran away from the topics. He created diversions to hide himself. But unfortunately was found and defeated.

It seams logic prevails once again.

Oh well... it appears that the SS. Excrement has sunken, and a new SUPERCHARGED PROTON HYPER THEIST is needed. But will they ever be able to defeat the forces of logic and reasoning?

Only time will tell.

Can I have some lozenges now?

Last edited by Sir Patrick Crocodile; 18th February 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 18th February 2012, 12:47 AM
So toxic...
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protium View Post
I think our conversations are over. You seem to be trapped in a world no one here has access to.

I hope you find a comfortable pace in in the universe.
I second this, and hope that the following might assist:
Quote:
why not?

not be able to do it?

please answer this
Sorry, but this approach doesn't work, in any logical sense. It's a pointless exercise to try to "fill in the blanks" on details of your imagined *creator*, *heaven* or *afterlife* etc, given that none of these have yet been even remotely demonstrated to exist. Wanting, wishing or needing them to exist, doesn't actually bring them one iota closer to existing.

And IMO nothing is achieved by asking for our views, then dreaming up ever more fanciful ways of "getting around" our replies, when they don't suit your preconceptions. What's the point? You might as well have well not asked us anything, methinks.

Worldslaziestbusker hit the nail on the head, IMO. In this matter, you appear pretty keen for others to validate your thinking. Unfortunately, there's no way of getting around this - Not Gonna Happen, here.
Quote:
im not asking if this is true.

i am asking if this is POSSIBLE the slightest
Why is your "slightest possible" so important to you, and apparently more important than "real", or "true"? Bacause you think it may provide an infinitesimally small gap to attempt to pile-drive your wishful imaginings into?

Mr B mentioned the concept of parsimony, sometimes referred to via Ockham's razor. I contend that you might find it a useful tool, when trying to evaluate some of the topics you raised in this thread.