Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 1st May 2017, 11:02 AM

Default G'day, I am one of the old fartz

G'day all, I am one of the Aussie old fartz and I am definitely male despite my name.

My mystical power is zero but I can read the meaning of dealt Tarot Cards. (they cannot of course tell the future)

Tarot, like a lot of man made things, has an unexpected benefit and that is it is a fun/random way of looking at all the apects of a people problem. Thereby helping people to come to important decisions in their lives.

In my experience the above is true.

Tarot can NOT predict the future but it can help by high-lighting how different people have influence in personal situations.

I teach Tarot as a party game about once per year on average and we all have a bit of fun.

Tarot is also a good practical way to demonstrate how "rules" applied randomly and interacting can have a wide variation of outcomes

But my name choice aside, I am kept alive by science and I am considered by a lot of people to be a know-all old fart. But they are usually the ones who do not go to as much effort as I do to seek knowledge,so they do not value knowledge as much as I do.

I am an ariist and I have swapped art worldwide for many years, I also did journalism but never worked as one. My work experience has literally been from nuts bolts through to Prosecutor in a criminal courtroom.

I am up for a debate and I hope I can mix it with the dedicated posters here.
Old 1st May 2017, 11:03 AM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Default Re: G'day, I am one of the old fartz

Hiya MT, welcome to the forum.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 1st May 2017, 11:08 AM
It's good to know when it's time

Good morning, Mr Madame!

I trust this will be an interesting acquaintanceship.

Hagelslag ready and counting down.

Like Madame Tarot liked this post
Old 1st May 2017, 11:26 AM

Fascinating first post Madame Tarot.

You've touched on some areas that have fascinated me for a long time. I'm looking forward to learning more about your experiences with fortune telling etc.
Old 1st May 2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
Good morning, Mr Madame!

Mr Black, I notice that you have not visited Madame Tarot's profile. So how did you work out Madame Tarot was a "Mr"? I am detecting some kind of psychic energy involved!
Old 1st May 2017, 11:45 AM
AFA Member

Welcome MT!
Old 1st May 2017, 12:03 PM
It's good to know when it's time

Quote:
142857 said View Post
Quote:
Good morning, Mr Madame!

Mr Black, I notice that you have not visited Madame Tarot's profile. So how did you work out Madame Tarot was a "Mr"? I am detecting some kind of psychic energy involved!
Quote:
Madame Tarot said View Post
G'day all, I am one of the Aussie old fartz and I am definitely male despite my name.
Dear Colleague Digits, I am not yet too drunk to read. Give me a few hours.

Hagelslag ready and counting down.

Like 142857 liked this post
Laugh at wolty, Stubby, 142857, Strato, Voltairine laughed at this post
Old 1st May 2017, 12:17 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
142857 said View Post
Quote:
Good morning, Mr Madame!

Quote:
Madame Tarot said View Post
Dear Colleague Digits, I am not yet too drunk to read. Give me a few hours.
Lol.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 1st May 2017, 01:24 PM
Omu'sata

Gudday MT. Welcome aBoard.
Old 1st May 2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
142857 said View Post
Fascinating first post Madame Tarot.

You've touched on some areas that have fascinated me for a long time. I'm looking forward to learning more about your experiences with fortune telling etc.
Thanks for all the welcomes.

Ah Tarot!

Before I can answer the question of how Tarot can be useful I will de-mumbo-jumbo Tarot for you.

Tarot was originally a game, nothing more than a game and that game evolved as todays playing cards.

I will not go through the whole pack in this post, but the basics are interesting.

Tarot has 4 suits (the same as playing cards) numbered 1 -10 (the same as playing cards).

Tarot has 4 suits of court cards/representing people (as does playing cards)

Tarot has an extra court card so the basic Tarot pack is 56 cards.

Tarot has extra cards (I call them specialty cards) bringing the pack up to about 78 cards.

If we de-mumbo-jumbo the 4 suits they are:- accolades, aggression, affairs of the heart and money/valuables. Generally, the artwork explains it.

The meaning of numbers are nominated by the pack owner so here are mine.

1 = male or positive (anatomical reason) or the beginning (biblical reason )
2 = female or negative (reasons as above)
3 = birth or outcome (there ends the trinity)
4 = the house/home (4 walls)
5 = senses (we have 5 senses)
6 = sex (easy to remember)
7 = travel (there are 7 seas)
8 = luck
10 = being there
9 is of course nearly being there.

Each Tarot card has a right way up, and an upside down. An upside down card has the meaning reversed or altered. (your pack your way).

The court cards are people with certain expectations and characteristics and jobs within a monarchy. These are applied to people who are in your modern day people problem.

The Specialty Cards are explained by their name and their artwork.

I threw my 'Death" card away, but others explain it away as a "transition card". My pack has artwork depicting the hanged man hung upside down with a free hand to get himself free = in a pickle but there is a way out.

I have de-mumbo-jumbo-ed enough so that with a pack in hand, and with the help of the artwork, you could nominate your meanings for every card upright and upside down.

Congratulations you did well if you read this far.

Most Taroists use a 9 card layout (where the cards are dealt face up) called the Celtic Cross (find it on the net) and essentially it is a timeline for past present and future.

For a bit of showmanship have the querant write down the query and fold it up and place it under an upturned glass. You shuffle the pack and hand it to the querant who cuts the pack and hands it back (tell them the meaning will be reversed when the cards are upside down.)

You then deal the cards one at a time onto the layout explaining what each card can depict. The querant decides what each card and situation means to them.

A Queen of Cups (affairs of the heart) with dark hair artwork will be a mature aged woman maybe a wife or mother with dark hair or a challenger for affection and she can be in the timeline somewhere. The card could be the right way up or reversed. The card will be one of the 4 suits.

As all the cards are dealt a picture emerges in the querants mind and some issues that have taken a back seat get revisited.

If there is a real issue then Tarot often makes them re-consider some aspect they overlooked or did not put enough value on.

An easy way for you to give it a go is decide an issue with the aid of Tarot.

Let's say you have got keen to buy a new XXXXX car, but for most of us a car is not just personal transport, we have other people to consider.

"Should I buy the XXXXX car?"

Give it a try and apply the meaning of each card as it is laid out to your car problem.

If the answer is still inconclusive pick out a card that best represents your dilemma and deal 3 qualifying cards to it and so on until you are satisfied.

Generally with decision making it is a battle between desire and reasoning.

Ok that is long but brief so I hope it helps.