Go Back   AFA Forums > News and Social > Off Topic

Off Topic For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.

Old 19th November 2012, 12:18 PM
AFA Life Member

Default Re: In my backyard/ Local Wildlife

LadyBird on baby spinach.

Old 20th November 2012, 02:11 PM

Peek a boo

Evil is Evil, lesser, greater, middling it makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary, the definitions blurred. If iam to choose between one Evil or another, ild rather not choose at all - Geralt of Rivia - Killing Monsters

Last edited by gruber; 20th November 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 22nd November 2012, 02:37 PM
Sorry Thor, Tesla closed your gap

Mr & Mrs Figbird getting some shade for the arvo.

Himself (red eye patch)

Herself

Themselves

Old 23rd November 2012, 11:59 PM
I could forgive the atrocities of the monster called God without filicide.

I so wish I had something I could take a picture of this .... use your imagination. In my NEW backyard there is a possum. What type? A really BIG fluffy one! It's always hanging about just out the back and doesn't mind people being about, but it's always in the dark. But the totally COOL part is, it has a really CUTE baby possum on it's back The parent jumps about all over the place and the little one just keeps on hanging on, albeit rather hazardous. Poor little thing almost slips off after a big jump, but manages to stay clinging on and climbing back up to it's original position, even after the big 1 meter+ jump off the back landing onto the lawn Wish I could get a picture for you
I have no requirement for the supernatural or magic to explain anything, finding purpose in life other than trying to enjoy it, fantasies to explain wonder, fear that reason might trivialise me, or demand of wonders greater than those that are evident.

Old 24th November 2012, 12:15 AM
See you at the snow....
Super Moderator

Quote:
simonecuttlefish said View Post
I so wish I had something I could take a picture of this .... use your imagination. In my NEW backyard there is a possum. What type? A really BIG fluffy one! It's always hanging about just out the back and doesn't mind people being about, but it's always in the dark. But the totally COOL part is, it has a really CUTE baby possum on it's back The parent jumps about all over the place and the little one just keeps on hanging on, albeit rather hazardous. Poor little thing almost slips off after a big jump, but manages to stay clinging on and climbing back up to it's original position, even after the big 1 meter+ jump off the back landing onto the lawn Wish I could get a picture for you

We have the same thing here SC. A few actually, a mother and baby and another single one.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 24th November 2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
simonecuttlefish said View Post
Ha! I know exactly what your seeing. We had two families of possums at our old house. One in the shed the other on the porch. One used to sleep on it's back on an old cupboard next to a tin roof with it's head hanging over the edge in 40*C heat, and I shit you not IT SNORED! it was hilarious!

Another night mum and bubs did the leap from the house roof to an elevated tank stand, bubs was dislodged and mum kept going off into the trees. This was about midnight and the little bugger howled for hours on the stand waiting for mum to come back. I reckon she was just happy for a night without bubs, sure kept us awake.

Living with nature

Last edited by AUSloth; 24th November 2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:35 AM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Bastards!

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Old 25th November 2012, 05:55 PM
AFA Life Member - I see ...

These are Welcome Swallows (Hirundo neoxena) in their nest under our back veranda. They fledged yesterday and came home for a rest today. Soon they will leave it all together.

David

IMG]
Old 25th November 2012, 06:18 PM

Cute little blighters
Old 26th November 2012, 02:29 PM

fluffy chicken

Evil is Evil, lesser, greater, middling it makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary, the definitions blurred. If iam to choose between one Evil or another, ild rather not choose at all - Geralt of Rivia - Killing Monsters