Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Women's issues and equality

Women's issues and equality Safe zone for the discussion of women's rights and equality

Old 7th November 2017, 11:17 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: EGYPT: Where Daddies Can Be Rapey Too

If children born out of wedlock are not valued by their fathers except for sex then the children will be at serious risk for their lives. They say Cairo is the most dangerous city for qomen and it must be also very unsafe for girls
Old 7th November 2017, 11:28 PM
It's good to know when it's time

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
If children born out of wedlock are not valued by their fathers except for sex then the children will be at serious risk for their lives. They say Cairo is the most dangerous city for qomen and it must be also very unsafe for girls
It would be far better to have rights than value.

Hagelslag ready and counting down.

Thank wadaye thanked this post
Old 8th November 2017, 09:08 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
It would be far better to have rights than value.
In an ideal world, I agree. But sometimes putting a dollar value on something [or perhaps someone] can actually work better than rights, which are routinely abused. You make it very expensive [in real relative terms] to modify bad behaviour [or to reinforce good actions].
Feudalism ended [at least the traditional variety] because pandemics [like the Black death] made labour extremely rare. It did not end because suddenly, [privileged] folks started acting like civilised beings. Reforms generally happens when people realise that there is a financial cost in not changing their ways [or a financial benefit].

This is because the dollar trumps ethics at least 90% of the time.

I am not saying make children high class hookers, but somehow we have to increase the value of children. To make them rare and precious somehow. And create a culture that nurtures them and really hurts predators.

Last edited by Darwinsbulldog; 8th November 2017 at 09:15 AM.
Like Strato liked this post
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 8th November 2017, 11:26 AM
AFA Member

Just for clarification I didn't mean value like dollars.
Nobody can force a parent to love a child. That however can be influenced by culture. If they do not value the children as their own, yet they retain power over them, and want to exploit them for sex, it is worse for the child than being an orphan.
Old 9th November 2017, 10:06 AM
Enough words.

Quote:
knowledge is power said View Post
Slaves are permissible to have sex with according to Quran, and a child born to a slave is also a slave, so a slave daughter should be permissible, according to him.
I need to correct myself. I've been reading about slavery in Islam lately and this just popped out. The article mentioned nothing about slavery or a child born into slavery, so in this case his illegitimate child would not be considered a slave baby so no loophole there.

The bible says, "A simple man believes every word he hears, a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15 LOL.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post