Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 11th November 2017, 02:30 PM

Default First Hello

Hello, I have just joined Atheist Foundation Australia, even though I am not an activist morally, politically, spiritually, etc. So what made me join? Almost ten years ago one of our daughters asked me why I did not believe in God. In trying to give her a coherent answer, I found to my dismay that all I was capable of doing was to express a belief in a non-belief in God. A long story short. I taught myself how to translate Koine Greek, and set about translating the Gospel of Matthew, using the text from the Codex Sinaiticus, which is available on line. I found that the gospel is written in allegory, and that it was in fact a philosophical exercise book, dealing with a theory of mind, and was designed to teach students how to know and understand themselves. One of the most studied books in the world has been totally misunderstood. This seems ludicrous and preposterous. Two thousand years ago, and more, ancient philosophers new more about the workings of the mind than do philosophers that have put forward theories in the last 500 years. Even the eminent Emmanuel Kant could not solve the riddle of free-will versus determinism, yet the solution was encoded in the Gospel of Matthew two thousand years ago. The solution to this conundrum is astonishingly simple, and having decoded the allegorical meanings I re-examined the philosophy of Plato and Aristotle, and found a clearer understanding of their metaphysics was also possible.
The word Jesus is a Hebrew noun, and it can be either a proper noun or an abstract noun, and I have taken it as an abstract noun. I have interpreted the meaning of this abstract noun as ‘a mind being saved from harm’, which may seem odd, but this meaning fits in well within the English translation I have produced. I have translated each Koine Greek and explained the derivation of meaning.
An example of the numerous annotations the author has supplied in relation to verses of the Gospel of Matthew is as follows:

Matt: 27:2. Author’s annotation: Πιλάτῳ (pilato) is biblically taken to refer to Pilate. Now the author thought that the writer of the gospel was being very inventive by capitalizing the first letter of this word, until the author remembered that there were no lower case letters when this gospel was written. The spelling given for this word is not found in the Perseus Greek Database. But what if it was the name of a person, but a different person. Πι (pi) is the spelling or name for the Greek letter P. If you replace the spelling of the letter with the letter itself, then you get Plato. Just as Plato honoured his teacher, Socrates, by using his name as the personification of the rational powers of the mental faculty, the author believes Gamaliel did likewise for Plato, his teacher (metaphorically speaking). It should be noted that nowhere in the original Greek is the word Pontius mentioned in this gospel, in other words, when the word Pilato is used, the word Pontius is nowhere to be seen! It should also be noted that nowhere in the original Greek text is the word Pilate mentioned in this gospel, only Pilato or rather its variations (Πιλάτῳ, Πιλᾶτος, or Πιλᾶτον) nine times! Just to complicate things, Tischendorf has inserted an ‘e’ in the Greek word, e.g. Πειλάτῳ (Peilato), even though it isn’t in the Codex Sinaiticus.

The answer to why I do not believe in God is because the biblical interpretation of the gospels is flawed, and the testimony of the biblical translators is therefore rejected. The answer that I can now give to our daughter I have documented in two books.

The first book is called “A Code Within A Codex”, which reflects the nature of the Koine Greek text that has been given the misnomer, the Gospel of Matthew. The decoding of the Greek text in the Codex Sinaiticus indicates it is a theory of mind, concerned with moral thinking. It indicates how free-will operates, and in what areas, and how this is not incompatible with the mental laws, nor with determinism.

A sister book, “A Philosophy of Spirituality”, re-examines Plato’s and Aristotle’s writings, and as a result of gaining a better understanding of the metaphysical meaning of philosophy through the decoding of the metaphors used in the gospel, a clearer philosophical picture can be given in regard to these two giants of philosophy.

These two book are available from Amazon, both in eBook and in paperback format.
Old 11th November 2017, 07:56 PM
It's good to know when it's time

Default Re: First Hello

Hello, C2!

That is an impressive amount of work you've undertaken.

In the end, I suppose gods and spirits remain the same.

Hagelslag ready and counting down.

Old 11th November 2017, 08:17 PM
AFA Member

Hi mate, my eighteen year old son could've told you there's no god because there's no evidence for god...end of discussion about anything remotely relating to god and, for him, on to other more interesting things. Not for you though it seems. You had to get to the bottom of the gospels. You had to be sure. Good for you. I'll look up those books.

However, proving the biblical god is dodgy doesn't prove Thor isn't, nor Shiva, nor the pink unicorns on the moon.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum!
Old 11th November 2017, 08:26 PM
Cuss-tard

Nice little bit of advertising, there.

Bit long, but.

@Goldenmane3

Like Blue Lightning liked this post
Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black, DanDare laughed at this post
Old 11th November 2017, 09:04 PM
What Me Deluded?

Hi conditioned2, welcome.

I tend to think and will opine that the two books you authored and are notifying forumites and lookers-in concerning would find a welcome place in the Theosophical Society bookshop.
Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black, Blue Lightning laughed at this post
Old 11th November 2017, 09:14 PM
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord.

Welcome to the forum and the AFA.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess
Old 11th November 2017, 11:07 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
conditioned2 said View Post
Hello, I have just joined Atheist Foundation Australia, even though I am not an activist morally, politically, spiritually, etc. So what made me join? Almost ten years ago one of our daughters asked me why I did not believe in God. In trying to give her a coherent answer, I found to my dismay that all I was capable of doing was to express a belief in a non-belief in God. A long story short. I taught myself how to translate Koine Greek, and set about translating the Gospel of Matthew, using the text from the Codex Sinaiticus, which is available on line. I found that the gospel is written in allegory, and that it was in fact a philosophical exercise book, dealing with a theory of mind, and was designed to teach students how to know and understand themselves. One of the most studied books in the world has been totally misunderstood. This seems ludicrous and preposterous. Two thousand years ago, and more, ancient philosophers new more about the workings of the mind than do philosophers that have put forward theories in the last 500 years. Even the eminent Emmanuel Kant could not solve the riddle of free-will versus determinism, yet the solution was encoded in the Gospel of Matthew two thousand years ago. The solution to this conundrum is astonishingly simple, and having decoded the allegorical meanings I re-examined the philosophy of Plato and Aristotle, and found a clearer understanding of their metaphysics was also possible.

The word Jesus is a Hebrew noun, and it can be either a proper noun or an abstract noun, and I have taken it as an abstract noun. I have interpreted the meaning of this abstract noun as ‘a mind being saved from harm’, which may seem odd, but this meaning fits in well within the English translation I have produced. I have translated each Koine Greek and explained the derivation of meaning.

An example of the numerous annotations the author has supplied in relation to verses of the Gospel of Matthew is as follows:

Matt: 27:2. Author’s annotation: Πιλάτῳ (pilato) is biblically taken to refer to Pilate. Now the author thought that the writer of the gospel was being very inventive by capitalizing the first letter of this word, until the author remembered that there were no lower case letters when this gospel was written. The spelling given for this word is not found in the Perseus Greek Database. But what if it was the name of a person, but a different person. Πι (pi) is the spelling or name for the Greek letter P. If you replace the spelling of the letter with the letter itself, then you get Plato. Just as Plato honoured his teacher, Socrates, by using his name as the personification of the rational powers of the mental faculty, the author believes Gamaliel did likewise for Plato, his teacher (metaphorically speaking). It should be noted that nowhere in the original Greek is the word Pontius mentioned in this gospel, in other words, when the word Pilato is used, the word Pontius is nowhere to be seen! It should also be noted that nowhere in the original Greek text is the word Pilate mentioned in this gospel, only Pilato or rather its variations (Πιλάτῳ, Πιλᾶτος, or Πιλᾶτον) nine times! Just to complicate things, Tischendorf has inserted an ‘e’ in the Greek word, e.g. Πειλάτῳ (Peilato), even though it isn’t in the Codex Sinaiticus.

The answer to why I do not believe in God is because the biblical interpretation of the gospels is flawed, and the testimony of the biblical translators is therefore rejected. The answer that I can now give to our daughter I have documented in two books.

The first book is called “A Code Within A Codex”, which reflects the nature of the Koine Greek text that has been given the misnomer, the Gospel of Matthew. The decoding of the Greek text in the Codex Sinaiticus indicates it is a theory of mind, concerned with moral thinking. It indicates how free-will operates, and in what areas, and how this is not incompatible with the mental laws, nor with determinism.

A sister book, “A Philosophy of Spirituality”, re-examines Plato’s and Aristotle’s writings, and as a result of gaining a better understanding of the metaphysical meaning of philosophy through the decoding of the metaphors used in the gospel, a clearer philosophical picture can be given in regard to these two giants of philosophy.

These two book are available from Amazon, both in eBook and in paperback format.

Hi. Welcome.
That’s a really long post.
Impressive.
I knit.
Enjoy the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11th November 2017, 11:55 PM
Trust me, I'm not a doctor.

There's a metaphysical meaning to philosophy? Wouldn't that make philosophy meaningless, since metaphysics is meaningless?

Hmmm. I'll have to cogitate on this. As a fat, bald Mancunian once said 'metaphysics is to thought what praying is to helping'.

Welcome.

Like Strato, Blue Lightning liked this post
Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black, DanDare laughed at this post
Old 12th November 2017, 12:17 AM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
hackenslash said View Post
There's a metaphysical meaning to philosophy? Wouldn't that make philosophy meaningless, since metaphysics is meaningless?

Hmmm. I'll have to cogitate on this. As a fat, bald Mancunian once said 'metaphysics is to thought what praying is to helping'.

Welcome.
You ain't fat.

@Goldenmane3

Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black, hackenslash laughed at this post
Old 12th November 2017, 12:17 PM

Metaphysics is concerned with mental aspects of you, and if you want to understand yourself then you need to understand the mental laws that govern how humans think. If the old interpretation of the Bible is flawed, then people who say they believe in God because the bible tells them so, have been misinformed. My books do not prove that God does not exist; no one can prove a negative. But I can now dismiss claims of God's existence based on the biblical testament.