Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Belief Central

Belief Central A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Old 16th September 2011, 06:38 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Default Re: How to answer a child's questions when they are being taught religion at school?

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post

You are obliged to give sources for your assertions.
Sources?
there's a trillion intelligent reasons posted throughout the Net, Did you want me to copy and paste them here? Seems a waste of time to prove to you that religion is ludicrous on a atheistfoundation.org forum.

I am nearly positive this is a religious forum by the way
Old 16th September 2011, 06:39 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Default Re: How to answer a child's questions when they are being taught religion at school?

Quote:
kimsland said View Post
Yes I hear that Atheists are becoming quite common, you better watch out.
From atheists? I feel safe.
Notice small 'a'?

Quote:
God does not exist
Positive statement requires proof. What ya got?

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 16th September 2011, 06:43 PM

OMG, since no one on this forum has ever explained to you that religion is nonsense I better start from the start.

By the way I DO use a capital A for Atheist and usually a small g for god, out of pure respect.

From the millions and millions of prayers that religious people pray for can you tell me one that has come true, due to their praying to god?
Old 16th September 2011, 06:45 PM

It is a start.
So lets just say forget about praying hey?

Edit:

I must sign off for a few hours, but will continue the lesson.
Be aware that I have the entire Internet as a resource.
Therefore any religious person here cannot win
Oh, how religious people make me laugh

Last edited by kimsland; 16th September 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 16th September 2011, 06:57 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwinsbulldog
A rational atheist cannot make an absolute claim that god does not exist. In fact, noone can make any absolute claim.

This religious stuff is FICTION it is NOT real.
God does not exist
Probably not. Gods provide a psychological crutch. I can't absolutely prove that. I can't absolutely prove even I exist.
Take any theolgical argument for the existence of god, and I can put it into the toilet.

Thor may have caused lightning and thunder, but atmospheric physics is a far better explanation.

The Christian god may be alledged to be good, but I can fuck that argument, as any atheist has done for the last few thousand years, because of the problem of evil.

Any of my first year university students, or for that matter, a well read secondary school student, can debunk your absolute claim of god's non-existence.
Old 16th September 2011, 06:59 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
kimsland said View Post
OMG, since no one on this forum has ever explained to you that religion is nonsense I better start from the start.

By the way I DO use a capital A for Atheist and usually a small g for god, out of pure respect.

From the millions and millions of prayers that religious people pray for can you tell me one that has come true, due to their praying to god?
You need to read a little David Hume, and what he said about the problem of inferance.
Old 16th September 2011, 07:02 PM

Default Re: The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland

"The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland" ?
And I'm in the Fantasy Island' sub forum.

And for those who are wondering what my point is here on atheistfoundation.org I am trying to discuss that an Atheist is right.

?

So far I have been met with brick walls, from members asking me to prove myself!

Even though this is extremely easy, I mean I could post any resource anywhere, I'm thinking something from Rational Response Squad (one of my other attended forums) may be applicable here.

By the way, are there any Atheists here? I would really like to know before telling the world to avoid this site.
Old 16th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Explorer of Inner Space

Quote:
kimsland said View Post
God does not exist
How do you intend to prove this point? What scientifically reliable data/experiment can you perform to back your assertion?

Can you prove that there is not an invisible unicorn living in your garden? Why not? How could you go about it?

Old 16th September 2011, 07:06 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
kimsland said View Post
"The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland" ?
And I'm in the Fantasy Island' sub forum.

And for those who are wondering what my point is here on atheistfoundation.org I am trying to discuss that an Atheist is right.

?

So far I have been met with brick walls, from members asking me to prove myself!

Even though this is extremely easy, I mean I could post any resource anywhere, I'm thinking something from Rational Response Squad (one of my other attended forums) may be applicable here.

By the way, are there any Atheists here? I would really like to know before telling the world to avoid this site.
Kims, please learn the difference between evidence and proof.
Old 16th September 2011, 07:06 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
kimsland said View Post

I love veiled threats. They are so becoming for atheists.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary