Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Belief Central

Belief Central A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Old 15th July 2016, 12:40 PM
Feminazi and semi-professional inconoclast

Default Pokemon GO get those Christians

Pokemon GO get those Christians

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/end-...-cyber-demons/

Quote:
‘End times’ pastor warns ISIS could use Pokémon GO to target Christians with ‘cyber-demons’

A right-wing Christian pastor warned on his radio program that the Pokémon GO cell phone game undoubtedly had sinister portents.

Rick Wiles, who frequently warns the apocalypse is near, called police last week after spotting a middle-aged man apparently taking pictures with his phone outside his “TruNews” offices — but officers told him the man was playing the augmented reality game, reported Right Wing Watch.

That freaked Wiles all the way out, and he let his imagination run wild.

“These Pokémon creatures are like virtual, cyber-demons,” Wiles said.

“What this man, Friday, was trying to find was the Pokémon demon that had been placed inside the ‘Trunews’ office.”

Wiles worried that terrorists could use information harvested by the app to target Christians.

“What if this technology is transferred to Islamic jihadists, and Islamic jihadists have an app that shows them where Christians are located geographically?” Wiles said.

The game places “PokeStops” an “Pokémon gyms” at churches, in addition to homes and businesses, but that was enough to terrify Wiles.

“The enemy, Satan, is targeting churches with virtual, digital, cyber-demons,” Wiles said. “I believe this thing is a magnet for demonic powers.”

It didn’t have to be terrorists, he warned, saying everyday Americans could be tricked into doing the wicked bidding of these “cyber-demons.”

“At what point does this game go live and the Pokemon masters are telling people to kill people in those buildings?” Wiles said. “People are losing touch with reality.”

He compared Pokémon GO to the Facebook Live broadcast of a traffic stop that led to Philando Castile’s fatal shooting, saying it showed how digital technology could alter reality.

“I thought, either this is staged or she has lost touch with reality,” Wiles said. “Which one is it? Both of them are weird and frightening.”

Wiles’ co-host, Edward Szall, agreed — and he backed up their argument with a fake quote by the creator of Pokémon that supposedly endorsed Satanism.

“They’re spawning demons inside your church,” Wiles said. “They’re targeting your church with demonic activity. This technology will be used by the enemies of the cross to target, locate and execute Christians.”

Last edited by workmx; 15th July 2016 at 12:42 PM.
Like Blue Lightning liked this post
Old 15th July 2016, 02:03 PM
Omu'sata

Default Re: Pokemon GO get those Christians

Old 15th July 2016, 02:14 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
“The enemy, Satan, is targeting churches with virtual, digital, cyber-demons,” Wiles said. “I believe this thing is a magnet for demonic powers.”
Ooh demonic powers, you actually believe in demons?

Quote:
“At what point does this game go live and the Pokemon masters are telling people to kill people in those buildings?” Wiles said. “People are losing touch with reality.”
Right, that's that then, demons, ghosties and spirits all real, but a VR game is people losing touch with reality lol.

Quote:
“What if this technology is transferred to Islamic jihadists, and Islamic jihadists have an app that shows them where Christians are located geographically?” Wiles said.
Oh dear;

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../3225054/posts

Quote:
The Trunews headquarters is along I-95 on the western edge of Vero Beach, Florida
Seriously this guy is worrying about jihadists using pokemon go to find Christians when he has published all the required information online?

Quote:
The game places “PokeStops” an “Pokémon gyms” at churches,
Try this;

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ss...s=lf:1,lf_ui:1

A nice map with the congregations listed, church locations, street directions to get there if you want, the guy is seriously deluded, out of touch with reality one might say!
Old 15th July 2016, 02:58 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

A prize for the irony in this-

Quote:
People are losing touch with reality.
Someone has, indeed, lost touch with reality.

Like robertkd, TokenSkeptic, Stubby liked this post
Old 18th July 2016, 11:37 PM

It has been declared illicit in the Muslim world, as well:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...den-un-8423109

My kid was ecstatic. He said, in the gaming world, if you have been decried by TWO of the world's major religions you know you are mlg.
Old 21st July 2016, 09:24 AM
AFA Member

Ken Ham loves Pokemon Go because the Pokemon dont 'evolve' the way 'evolution' says they should and obviously this proves yet again that the world was created by God in six days a few thousand years ago.

You just can't get anything past the Hamster, can ya?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...OTYyODUzNzg3S0
Old 21st July 2016, 12:00 PM
Omu'sata

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Ken Ham loves Pokemon Go because the Pokemon dont 'evolve' the way 'evolution' says they should and obviously this proves yet again that the world was created by God in six days a few thousand years ago.

You just can't get anything past the Hamster, can ya?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...OTYyODUzNzg3S0

Oh yeah, and
Old 23rd July 2016, 12:11 AM
What Me Deluded?

When Dungeons and Dragons came out, christian pastors were wigging out too. Then there was back masking, playing records backwards to get the embedded satanic message.

Then there was bar codes being the Mark of the Beast. Christians have short memories and no interest in looking this shit up. Too dumb to learn.

Before that there was smoking the insides of banana skins. Unbannable.

It's gladdening to hear Pokémon Go has been declared illicit in the muslim world.
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:37 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Strato said View Post
It's gladdening to hear Pokémon Go has been declared illicit in the muslim world.
Yes, it means more and more young people in those countries will be desiring things that the west takes for granted and when they grow up they maybe can make some changes to the structure of their society so that more freedom is available.