Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 12th February 2017, 06:57 AM
AFA Member

Default Re: Does Aung San Suu Kyi condone genocide?

Quote:
Spearthrower said View Post
Consigning this thread to the great garbage bag in the sky. Adieu!
While you're on holiday consider what it means for you to assert not only a right but the justice of ASSK claiming tbat the reports of atrocities are exaggerated and that the Burmese army is complying with the rule of law.
Old 12th February 2017, 09:14 AM
AFA Member

To be added to the charges against ASSK are deliberately setting up a foyle of a fake investigation to delay and prevent meaningful action by the international community to stop the genocide in Rakhine.

http://www.fortifyrights.org/publication-20170118.html
Quote:
On January 3, state-run media published the interim findings of the government-appointed, 13-member commission led by Myint Swe, which reported no human rights violations and denied allegations of the crime of genocide. The commission cited the presence of “the Bengali population” as well as religious leaders and mosques as “proof that there were no cases of genocide and religious persecution in the region.
“In three months, we’ve seen the formation of an advisory commission, a whitewash commission, and a discriminatory commission,” said Matthew Smith. “None of these bodies are conducting a serious, impartial investigation into ongoing human rights violations. The international community needs to wake up to the fact that domestic remedies have been exhausted and the situation of the Rohingya is worsening by the day.”

In October, state-run media in Myanmar alluded to Rohingya as “thorns,” and in November as “detestable human fleas.” The office of State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi has also waged a propaganda campaign, denying wrongdoing by the state and explicitly denying rape and other human rights violations against Rohingya, despite mounting evidence.

The Government of Myanmar revoked Rohingya citizenship in 1982 and now denies them the right to self identify, instead labeling the population of approximately one million as “Bengali” interlopers from Bangladesh.”
Emphasis added
Old 12th February 2017, 09:26 AM
AFA Member

Lets also look at the tenor of the internal investigations in which ASSK asks the world repeatedly to put faith:

http://www.globalnewlightofmyanmar.c...n-on-maungtaw/

Quote:
Assessment on External Allegations
10. As regards the external allegations, the commission made special investigations. The Bengali population residing in Maungtaw region, the increasing population of Mawlawi, mosques and religious edifices are proof that there were no cases of genocide and religious persecution in the region.
11. The Commission made special investigations into the allegations that there were rape cases, illegal arrests, torture and arsons in Bengali villages. Responsible security personnel performing their duties in those villages submitted that they have been ready to take legal action against those who committed crimes if there was sufficient evidence.
Concerning the claims that women were raped, the Commission interviewed local villagers and women using various methods, finding insufficient evidence to take legal action up to this date. As to the arsons, investigations are under way to get sufficient evidence. Illegal arrests and torture are also being investigated.
So the government lies to say that there is no breach of the rule of law, no atrocities, no ethnic cleansing, no genocide, but just some low level investigations into individual acts, for example the trophy video which went global and was published in the NYTimes.

Edit: Note that a so-called commission of investigation engages in the same incitement that facilitates the massacres in the first place by refusing to use the name of the Rohingya and calling them instead as "Bengali"

Last edited by wadaye; 12th February 2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12th February 2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
While you're on holiday consider what it means for you to assert not only a right but the justice of ASSK claiming tbat the reports of atrocities are exaggerated and that the Burmese army is complying with the rule of law.

This is a good example of the lying bullshit you appear to thrive on.

Why do you need to keep lying Wadaye?

Why can't you address what I do say? Why do you need to lie and claim my position is different?

Is it because you're too stupid to comprehend my position, or is it because you're a lying cunt? Is there a 3rd option as to why you've repeatedly acted in such a fucking obvious and shitty way?

You could of course prove that I did say this, that this is my position. But you won't do that because a) you can't because it's not my position and b) you'll just fucking stonewall it again like you've done repeatedly throughout this thread.

Any which way - this is exactly why this thread has been a cesspit of your making. This has to be one of most vicious and nasty threads ever created here by a long term member. I hope you feel proud for lowering the bar so much.

Last edited by Spearthrower; 12th February 2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12th February 2017, 11:58 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Spearthrower said View Post
Quote:
wadaye said View Post

This is a good example of the lying bullshit you appear to thrive on.

Why do you need to keep lying Wadaye?

Why can't you address what I do say? Why do you need to lie and claim my position is different?

Is it because you're too stupid to comprehend my position, or is it because you're a lying cunt? Is there a 3rd option as to why you've repeatedly acted in such a fucking obvious and shitty way?

You could of course prove that I did say this, that this is my position. But you won't do that because a) you can't because it's not my position and b) you'll just fucking stonewall it again like you've done repeatedly throughout this thread.

Any which way - this is exactly why this thread has been a cesspit of your making. This has to be one of most vicious and nasty threads ever created here by a long term member. I hope you feel proud for lowering the bar so much.
You've spent the last several hundred posts calling me a nasty deranged liar for saying that ASSK is propagandising for the regime to hide its crimes of genocide and ethnic cleansing. I've presented ample evidence that she and her office have been engaging in this kind of deception. Its pretty easy for you to just say that this behaviour of hers is unacceptable and move on. Instead its easier for you to call me a lying cunt.
Old 12th February 2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
You've spent the last several hundred posts calling me a nasty deranged liar...
That is itself a complete lie.

You tried this once before.... you claimed I had called you deranged, but then it was pointed out to you both by me and by Dan that I was clearly pointing my criticism at your WORDS not your PERSON.

Of course, you ignored that.

But you don't really have that excuse, do you Wadaye? You've called me personally mentally ill, suggested I need help from a psychologist, attacked and abused me personally, claimed I am a Burmese government stooge.... and yet amidst all this routine abuse, you still can't fucking honestly address my position without needing to make up bullshit I didn't say.

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Its pretty easy for you to just say that this behaviour of hers is unacceptable and move on. Instead its easier for you to call me a lying cunt.
I didn't call you a lying cunt. I said there's very few options when it comes to someone declaring you said X when X was never said at all.

I've seen what happens when I try to get you to cite the supposed thing I said - you ignore it because your intent here is nothing to do with honest discourse, it's just to use this forum as a platform to lash out vitriolically at anyone you hate. You've been abusive throughout, Wadaye, but over the last 20-30 posts, you've stepped up the aggression and spite way beyond what is justified just because someone criticizes your half-baked bullshit.

Last edited by Spearthrower; 12th February 2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12th February 2017, 01:08 PM
AFA Member

You don't get to defend an apologist ASSK in her propaganda protecting a genocidal regime so that it can continue to commit mass murder, rape and ethnic cleansing, of the Rohingya without some reflection on your own actions.

As I mentioned its pretty easy to just acknowledge that ASSK has been partisan in the conflict in trying to forestall and prevent appropriate international attention to the ethnic cleansing and genocide which has been going on, in episodes, since 1978, and of which she is fully aware.
Old 12th February 2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
You don't get to defend an apologist ASSK in her propaganda protecting a genocidal regime so that it can continue to commit mass murder, rape and ethnic cleansing, of the Rohingya without some reflection on your own actions.
I've now told you maybe 8 times that I am not defending Aung San Suu Kyi, I am not a Burmese government stooge, and that I am absolutely not defending genocide. As such, this is another loaded statement on your part that is designed to make me look nefarious. Factually, even if I were defending a genocidal apologist, I would be entitled to do so. But as I am not, as I have told you the opposite the last slew of times you've made this accusation, I want to know why you think you can keep repeating it.

As you can't stop making these accusations, and as you ignore me when I ask you to provide support for such accusations, I will ask the moderators to see if they can oblige you to engage in honest discourse by requesting that you support this repeated accusation.

As far as I am aware, you are obliged, even by the forum rules if not by simple discoursive honesty, to acknowledge what I say and cannot claim I'm saying the opposite of what I've written many times. You can't just keep ignoring those little inconvenient facts so that you can keep heaping abuse on me in a manner ironically functionally the same as you've done to Aung San Suu Kyi in this thread, and as you did to Ehrman in the other thread. The specific difference, of course, is that they're not members, so they're not protected from your rampant abuse.

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
As I mentioned its pretty easy to just acknowledge that ASSK has been partisan in the conflict in trying to forestall and prevent appropriate international attention to the ethnic cleansing and genocide which has been going on, in episodes, since 1978, and of which she is fully aware.
I am not obliged to agree with your contrived and distorted formulation. I am perfectly entitled to express my idea how I want to, and you can't force me to agree with a half-baked, naive set of assertions you have failed to support.

Last edited by Spearthrower; 12th February 2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12th February 2017, 04:35 PM
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord.

This thread is temporarily locked for mod review.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess
Old 29th August 2017, 06:53 AM
AFA Member

Thank you Mods for unlocking this thread. It is comprehensively established that Aung San Suu Kyi condones the genocide of the Rohingya, and is an active propagandist to further its goals.

http://www.rohingyablogger.com/2017/...villagers.html

While the world carries on with this fiction that ASSK is doing her best, a genocide is being carried out.

Last edited by wadaye; 29th August 2017 at 06:56 AM.