Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 15th January 2017, 09:15 AM
AFA Member

Default Does Aung San Suu Kyi condone genocide?

And we see Aung San Suu Kyi has also adopted the fake news defence against evidence of mass murder and rape, looting and ethnic cleansing against Rohingyas.

Edit. 65000 people don't flee their country and homes to an uncertain fate on overcrowded boats to refugee camps in Bangladsh without strong push factors . That is why Aung San Suu Kyi's forces are using myrder and rape

Last edited by wadaye; 15th January 2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 16th January 2017, 02:22 PM
Religion or Reality, choose...

Default Re: President-Elect Donald Trump

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
And we see Aung San Suu Kyi has also adopted the fake news defence against evidence of mass murder and rape, looting and ethnic cleansing against Rohingyas.

Edit. 65000 people don't flee their country and homes to an uncertain fate on overcrowded boats to refugee camps in Bangladsh without strong push factors . That is why Aung San Suu Kyi's forces are using myrder and rape
Wadaye, dumping that claim here is a great way to create confusion and false news. This offhand comment should really be part of a dedicated thread with supporting contextual information.
For example this in the SMH on Dec 30
Quote:
More than a dozen Nobel peace prize winners have criticised their fellow laureate, Aung San Suu Kyi, for failing to protect Rohingyas in Myanmar's strife-torn Rakhine state.
The claim is that it is the work of government troops.
What are the possibilities?
It was not government troops but some other force. The government chose not to intervene or was unable to intervene.
It was government troops. The troops were acting independant of the government, as part of a government faction or as part of full government policy.
More information is required to start narrowing the possibilities.

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.
Old 16th January 2017, 11:00 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
DanDare said View Post
Quote:
wadaye said View Post

Wadaye, dumping that claim here is a great way to create confusion and false news. This offhand comment should really be part of a dedicated thread with supporting contextual information.
Quote:
More than a dozen Nobel peace prize winners have criticised their fellow laureate, Aung San Suu Kyi, for failing to protect Rohingyas in Myanmar's strife-torn Rakhine state.
It was not government troops but some other force. The government chose not to intervene or was unable to intervene.
It was government troops. The troops were acting independant of the government, as part of a government faction or as part of full government policy.
Look there are plenty of youtube videos you can watch online showing massacres of muslims in Burma in the presence of soldiers. This includes the cuttng of children with machetes and dousing them with disel and burning them alive.
Old 17th January 2017, 01:03 AM
Religion or Reality, choose...

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Quote:
DanDare said View Post
Quote:
wadaye said View Post

Quote:
there are plenty of youtube videos you can watch online showing massacres of muslims in Burma in the presence of soldiers. This includes the cuttng of children with machetes and dousing them with disel and burning them alive.
Then link to at least one. Don't just post without info. We are in dangerous times and its important we all walk this line when making claims now.

When you have given a link please also explain which of those above possibilities the video eliminates and which are not explicitly ruled out by the video.

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.
Old 17th January 2017, 01:12 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
That is why Aung San Suu Kyi's forces are using myrder and rape
You're going to need to draw a line between Aung San Suu Kyi and these atrocities, because as far as I am aware, she has extremely limited power in decision making processes. Surely, the ignominy should be laid at the feet of Htin Kyaw?
Like knowledge is power liked this post
Old 17th January 2017, 09:31 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
DanDare said View Post
Quote:
wadaye said View Post

there are plenty of youtube videos you can watch online showing massacres of muslims in Burma in the presence of soldiers. This includes the cuttng of children with machetes and dousing them with disel and burning them alive.
Then link to at least one. Don't just post without info. We are in dangerous times and its important we all walk this line when making claims now.

When you have given a link please also explain which of those above possibilities the video eliminates and which are not explicitly ruled out by the video.
Obviously the government is not allowing journalists or NGOs to report from there and reportedly Rohingya are not allowed to use phones in Eakhine at the moment so the videos are from a few years ago.

If you want a scientific analysis of the systematic and official nature of genocide have a look at this PHR report on the massacre of Burmese muslims including students in Meikhtila in March 2013 in Central Burma. Notably the victims of this massacre were not even Rohingya but were recognised as citizens.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/PHR_Reports...t-May-2013.pdf

One of the conclusions on this and the many other massacres documented by PHR and Fortify Rights is aystematic under-reporting of the murders.

Warning about extreme violence and the distressing nature of the footage in this link
https://youtu.be/6NjI7BobAB4

One may say that ASSK was not in charge then but she is now and not only is there no justice but she has condoned, justified, and enabled it to continue.

Last edited by wadaye; 17th January 2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 17th January 2017, 09:46 AM
AFA Member

A useful reference
http://www.hurstpublishers.com/book/the-rohingyas/
Old 17th January 2017, 12:37 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Spearthrower said View Post
Quote:
That is why Aung San Suu Kyi's forces are using myrder and rape
You're going to need to draw a line between Aung San Suu Kyi and these atrocities, because as far as I am aware, she has extremely limited power in decision making processes. Surely, the ignominy should be laid at the feet of Htin Kyaw?
I would have liked to be able to draw a line but sadly there is no place where a line can be drawn. It is up to her to draw the line and she refuses to do so.
Old 17th January 2017, 04:12 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
I would have liked to be able to draw a line but sadly there is no place where a line can be drawn. It is up to her to draw the line and she refuses to do so.

This is simply smear. If you want to declare that she's responsible, then the onus is on you to support that claim. Otherwise, it's quite possibly a figment of your imagination.
Like DanDare liked this post
Old 17th January 2017, 05:27 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Spearthrower said View Post
Quote:
wadaye said View Post

This is simply smear. If you want to declare that she's responsible, then the onus is on you to support that claim. Otherwise, it's quite possibly a figment of your imagination.
She won't even admit they exist. People are enamored of her biut it is not justified. Her office said rumours of human rights abuses in Rakhibe are 'fake news'. That makes her complicit