Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 13th February 2018, 04:17 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Baa Baa Barnarby

Just waiting for the NP to come to the realisation that if he stays on as leader the next election won't be about, roads, health, the environment, defense or any of the other million things it can be spun about, in every seat with a sitting NP member it will be about Joyce.

Honestly, he hasn't got a chance of remaining in politics.
Old 13th February 2018, 04:42 PM
And if I can reach the pedals, I'll be sweet

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
Just waiting for the NP to come to the realisation that if he stays on as leader the next election won't be about, roads, health, the environment, defense or any of the other million things it can be spun about, in every seat with a sitting NP member it will be about Joyce.

If he resigns as the Member for Armidale, then that will force another byelection, I wonder if the electorate will be as forgiving to the NP this time around.

Considering that he is now also under an expense cloud I wonder if he can actually survive.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 13th February 2018, 06:38 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

He may well resign as head of the NP or be pushed. But there is no way the powers that be will allow a by-election. They'd get hammered if I am reading the mood* correctly.

With regards the jobs for Campion thing, these people (the Government) are elected to make decisions based on guidelines. When something falls outside said guidelines (as this one apparently did) they need to make a valued judgement. The so called 'Pub Test'.

The public are not stupid. They know that she was moved because it was causing problems in his office, they know that she was given a couple of jobs (one that didn't even exist), they know she is on some serious money. Fuck on her money she IS in the top 10% of earners.

So you have a couple of things. Jobs for the 'boys' after Barnaby was a right royal cunt. The Prime Minister was supposed to sign off, but it wasn't a relationship. Well I'm thinking the public may well be calling bullshit with good reason.

*Chatting to a customer of mine on Saturday, older woman, staunch Catholic, reasonably conservative, would have voted no in the plebiscite, you get the idea, she is seriously fucking pissed off. Like really really pissed off.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Like two dogs liked this post
Old 13th February 2018, 06:43 PM
W00+ Vegetable

Is Barnyard currently "embattled" or "embottled"?

I lose track.

(T)he problem with Men Going Their Own Way is that they never actually go. - Annie

We've a surfeit of purblind fucking reactionaries, and I'm fucking done with them. - Goldenmane

Laugh at wolty laughed at this post
Old 13th February 2018, 06:51 PM
You get what everyone gets....you get a lifetime

Not wishing him on anyone, but wonders whether NZ would give his citizenship back.

Laugh at wolty, The Irreverent Mr Black, Soup Dragon laughed at this post
Old 13th February 2018, 10:21 PM
*Insert naughty words here*

On occasion something comes along in politics that just puts the constituents in a downright pissed off mood.

I would say Howard's Work Choices was one of them, I'd almost wager that this could be another. I'm not talking about BJ's affair, more so the job creation, what now looks like a jaunt on taxpayers money with the new partner (50 nights claimed when parliament wasn't even sitting?), and 6 months rent free from a donor.

Fork. Gov. Done. (possibly)

Like wolty, 142857 liked this post
Old 14th February 2018, 09:26 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Loki said View Post
Not wishing him on anyone, but wonders whether NZ would give his citizenship back.
Maybe Tony Windsor didn't run because he saw the potential for train-wreck Barnaby.

Little do they realise what damage this is doing to brand Liberal.

I still wish that the Federal Parliament was subject to an English test. I especially would like them to have a test in "comprehension".
Old 14th February 2018, 09:33 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post

Turnbull's judgement in this issue has not been Prime Ministerial. When the matter starts to turn on the PM, then Barnaby will get to walk the plank through that plush revolving door into a mining industry consultancy desk with his name already on it.
Old 14th February 2018, 10:20 AM
W00+ Vegetable

Rural answers for rural members?
Attached Images
File Type: png Barnyard.png (351.9 KB, 48 views)

(T)he problem with Men Going Their Own Way is that they never actually go. - Annie

We've a surfeit of purblind fucking reactionaries, and I'm fucking done with them. - Goldenmane

Laugh at loubert laughed at this post
Old 14th February 2018, 02:42 PM
W00+ Vegetable

And Barnaby has been known to claim it's longer than it truly is!

His military service, I mean.

Quote:
Mr Joyce's office initially advised the parliament he was in the Royal Queensland Regiment of the Army Reserve from 1995 to 2003.

These dates appeared on his official biography on the Parliament House website for 12 years.

But Mr Joyce only served from 1996 to 2001, according to his official military service record obtained by the ABC.

It states his service in the Army Reserves was four years and 10 months.