Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 26th October 2015, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Donald Trump

Genuine, ridgy didge nut job. Have to agree with odd, 'No way, not even in America'. But a little more on his 'vlad is cool' routine just illustrates how obviously delusional he really is. Now he has imaginary relationships with confirmed psychopaths. Great work Donnie!

Here is one comment on the Donnie and Vlad romance. Chuckle. What a lovely couple they would make if only Vlad could see how soft and cuddly donald was.

Quote:
In June, Trump told Fox News host Bill O'Reilly why he'd likely have a "great relationship" with the Russian leader. "He’s got a tremendous popularity in Russia, they love what he’s doing, they love what he represents," Trump said. "I was over in Moscow two years ago and I will tell you — you can get along with those people and get along with them well. You can make deals with those people. Obama can’t."
Just love Donnie's ever warm and very christian use of the term 'those people'.

Quote:
Donald Trump keeps saying that, as president, he would have a good relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin. He's probably deluded: Putin doesn't make deals with brash, showy businessmen. He eats them for lunch.
Aw, poor Donnie, rejection sucks!

American politics just grows more like an old Jefferson Airplane song with every passing year.

...and in the end, the love we take,
is equal to the love, we make.
[The Beatles - The End]
Old 29th October 2015, 02:43 PM
AFA Member

He's neck and neck in the polls with Carson. What i'm worried about is that Carson may actually be worse than Trump.

When Carson speaks he often appears to have trouble with articulation, its a bit like he's suppressing a stutter. (Not that there's anything wrong with that) He also does weird things with his eyes and eyebrows. (Not that there's anything wrong with that) For a surgeon he doesnt strike me as particularly intelligent (there's a lot wrong with that but i dont have his iq test so i could be wrong) Its actually quite likely, the more i watch him speak on youtube, that he is one of two possible things-

1. A robot
2. An alien
Old 29th October 2015, 03:55 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post

1. A robot
2. An alien
No problem there for me, as a robot he would be logical and as an alien he could bring a useful perspective on the worlds problems, both win's as far as the current crop are concerned, the real problem may be that as he is 79 his near stuttering may be due to the onset of some sort of aged related problem. Stuttering can be caused strokes so a mild stroke that may not have other noticeable symptoms could lead to stuttering without the subject even realising he has had a stroke.
Old 29th October 2015, 07:01 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
No problem there for me, as a robot he would be logical and as an alien he could bring a useful perspective on the worlds problems, both win's as far as the current crop are concerned, the real problem may be that as he is 79 his near stuttering may be due to the onset of some sort of aged related problem. Stuttering can be caused strokes so a mild stroke that may not have other noticeable symptoms could lead to stuttering without the subject even realising he has had a stroke.
Nah, he's 64. But you're right about the robot and alien analysis, didnt think of it from that angle.
Old 30th October 2015, 12:45 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
odd said View Post
It is an interesting insight into the American political landscape - but I do not believe for a second that Trump has any real chance of ever being the President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am a terrible public speaker. I often mumble and occasionally blush. I wasn't born in the United States or as a citizen of the United States. I am an atheist. By U.S. standards I am sure I would be considered an anarcho-communist or something. I am 12 years below the minimum age required to be U.S President. Still, if it was Donald Trump v me is a presidential race I would fancy my chances.
Like odd liked this post
Old 30th October 2015, 01:39 AM

There's a relatively lighthearted look at the latest Trump—Carson debate here: Ben Carson and Donald Trump Lack Electricity in a Charged Debate from The New York Times 28/10.

Old 4th November 2015, 09:50 AM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Scene from the weekend's New York City Marathon -

Old 4th November 2015, 05:39 PM

A Trump Manifesto ...

Quote:
In a press conference in the lobby of Trump Tower, Donald Trump launched his new book on Tuesday morning, his second contribution to what might be the world's least-appreciated literary genre, campaign literature.

Crippled America is a short treatise built of short sentences filled with short words about simple ideas. Elect me, it says. Because I am a winner.

In total the book runs to 196 pages, but 17 of those are taken up with the About the Author section, which is devoted not only to exhaustive praise of the author, but to listing his properties and even some of his favourite possessions, right down to a Boeing 757, a Cessna and three helicopters....

... "I am not bragging when I say I'm a winner," he writes. "I have experience in winning. That's what we call leadership."

And in those few words he sums up pretty well his whole book. And his candidacy.
He's a funny guy.
Old 4th December 2015, 08:19 PM

Fed up with him ...

Like odd liked this post
Old 7th January 2016, 08:21 AM

From The Guardian -

Don't let Trump fool you: rightwing populism is the new normal – video

Quote:
It might be tempting to view the political success of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as something uniquely American. But, argues Gary Younge, rightwing populism and scapegoating of society’s vulnerable is cropping up all across the west. This, he says, is what happens when big business has more power than governments