Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 28th June 2017, 10:23 AM
AFA Member

Default Tony Abbott

I was sure we had an Abbott thread but I couldn't find it here, so I made one, we now need it, Abbott has gone full Trump! Never go full Trump!

Quote:
Without referring to any specific leader, he said “people in charge” didn’t seem to share people’s values, face the same pressures, and “often hardly even seem to speak their language”.

Although he seems to have got one part right, they don't share Australian values, it seems he also has the wrong values, after seeing him claim the other day that "Australia needs more conservatives in government" I didn't really think this would be long in coming;

Quote:
Mr Abbott wrapped up his speech expressing despair that Australians, under current leadership, “can’t even look across the Tasman without a twinge of acute embarrassment”.

I agree, they have same sex marriage, they have a proper treaty between the later arrivals the original population, although I am sure that's not what Tony meant.

Quote:
“But I can assure you I’m in no hurry to leave public life because we need strong liberal conservative voices now more than ever.

Talk about laugh, I nearly shit myself! We need to point out to Tony that his beloved catholic religion is now second place and he should STFU about it!

His followers? text book Trump!

Quote:
“Time to drain the Canberra swamp,” one supporter wrote.

Combined with a bit of Erdogan, Duterte and Putin!

Quote:
“To take the pressure off the cost of living, let’s stop subsidies for new wind power. To take the pressure off housing, let’s scale back immigration. Let’s make sure there are no known jihadis on our streets and to end the gridlock let’s reform the senate as soon as we possibly can.”

Next we'll be out of the Paris climate agreement, I am really surprised that didn't actually come up!

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...df5c1ea61aaf54
Old 28th June 2017, 10:33 AM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

Default Re: Tony Abbott

It's here - why should the onion-muncher's past be overlooked?

Here's good luck to Frederick's ventures,
Lower your dacks, remove your dentures!
- Pirates of Penzance, the Rude Version.

Like loubert, DanDare liked this post
Old 28th June 2017, 01:02 PM
AFA Member

I liked TheShovel's take on Abbott.

Tony Abbott
Prime Minister of Australia
2013-1955
Old 1st July 2017, 06:50 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
I was sure we had an Abbott thread but I couldn't find it here, so I made one, we now need it, Abbott has gone full Trump! Never go full Trump!
Has Abbott gone 'full Trump'? Please explain.

Quote:
Although he seems to have got one part right, they don't share Australian values, it seems he also has the wrong values, after seeing him claim the other day that "Australia needs more conservatives in government" I didn't really think this would be long in coming;
What is right or wrong is subjective and a matter of personal opinion. Please explain what you mean by that Abbot has 'wrong values' - examples please and why do you think that is the case.

Quote:
I agree, they have same sex marriage, they have a proper treaty between the later arrivals the original population, although I am sure that's not what Tony meant.
In exactly what sense is the treaty deemed 'proper'?

Quote:
Talk about laugh, I nearly shit myself! We need to point out to Tony that his beloved catholic religion is now second place and he should STFU about it!
Why should he not assume the authority owing to his religious background to interfere in someone else's issues or those of Australia as a whole? Why should he be silent?
Old 1st July 2017, 09:49 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Azurisan21 said View Post
Has Abbott gone 'full Trump'? Please explain.

It's a reference to a movies.

Quote:
What is right or wrong is subjective and a matter of personal opinion. Please explain what you mean by that Abbot has 'wrong values' - examples please and why do you think that is the case.
It's a reference to the newly released census statistics

Quote:
In exactly what sense is the treaty deemed 'proper'?
it's a reference to the treaty between the original human population of new Zealand and the late arrival, Europeans;

Quote:
Proper Def; of the required or correct type or form; suitable or appropriate.
A treaty rather than slaughtering the original population is the "proper" thing to do.

Quote:
Why should he not assume the authority owing to his religious background to interfere in someone else's issues or those of Australia as a whole? Why should he be silent?
In reference to the census, his religion doesn't have authority to speak for me though he claims that he does since he claims to hold the same values as the rest of us Australians, he doesn't hold the same values as me. Claiming authority in this matter is a lie, I have the right to tell him to stop misrepresenting me.
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:12 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

First Dog on the Moon decodes Tony Abbott's completely unwanted policy manifesto.
Like DanDare liked this post
Old 4th July 2017, 06:26 PM

It is as another person is. They are having a rough one. Will they be apathetic?
Old 4th July 2017, 06:29 PM
AFA Member

I wonder if Tony might consider forming his own party? Perhaps he could join a different party, that would certainly get the headlines and it seems that the Tony is quite partial to the headlines.

I'd suggest that Bernardi's Conservative party was a good match. Of course he'd have the leadership issue to deal with (again) but maybe Cory and Tony, (two lusty healthy middle aged white men) could duke it out in the ring? Imagine the marketing potential of that?

One Nation is also an option but there is a bit of history there and Pauline would put up a far better fight than Cory, in my opinion, on the leadership thing. Consequently, i can't see One Nation being the manger of the Tony's fantasies.

No, i think he needs to form his own party. Maybe...Tony Abbott's Misogynist Peoples Idea Of Nationhood - or for short - Tampion.

tampion
  1. 1.
    a wooden stopper for the muzzle of a gun.

2. 2.
    a plug for the top of an organ pipe.

Old 4th July 2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
I wonder if Tony might consider forming his own party? Perhaps he could join a different party, that would certainly get the headlines and it seems that the Tony is quite partial to the headlines.

I'd suggest that Bernardi's Conservative party was a good match. Of course he'd have the leadership issue to deal with (again) but maybe Cory and Tony, (two lusty healthy middle aged white men) could duke it out in the ring? Imagine the marketing potential of that?

One Nation is also an option but there is a bit of history there and Pauline would put up a far better fight than Cory, in my opinion, on the leadership thing. Consequently, i can't see One Nation being the manger of the Tony's fantasies.

No, i think he needs to form his own party. Maybe...Tony Abbott's Misogynist Peoples Idea Of Nationhood - or for short - Tampion.

tampion
  1. 1.
    a wooden stopper for the muzzle of a gun.
  2. 2.
    a plug for the top of an organ pipe.
Actually, the other is in the different hemisphere and to ditch about - well, at least, they shall be patient with the threats somewhere.
Old 11th August 2017, 06:22 PM
What Me Deluded?

The mahogany desk would make some fine guitars.

EDIT: The pic wouldn't upload from this story in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...oo-skin-jacket

Last edited by Strato; 11th August 2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: explaining this anomolous post
Like The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
Laugh at wolty laughed at this post