Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 9th August 2017, 04:59 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: President Donald Trump

If they are silly enough to attack a small target I think the Donald would launch a full nuclear destruction of North Korea.
Old 9th August 2017, 05:13 PM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
But...huh? If you're going to attack a tiny island in the Pacific Ocean why would you tell everyone beforehand? If they wanted to commit suicide Hawaii would be a better choice. Anyway, I'm skeptical about the Guam statement being real, but then again they're fucking nuts so who knows!
I have a similar view on the whole conflict.

why on earth would KJU want to attack the US? rationality suggests he is just flexing muscles in case anyone is thinking of a regime change. "don't fuck with me". and as long as no one does he will remain quiet.

but then again, he is nuts. so can we trust any rational analysis?

it also raises a question about how much is the world willing to do to free the North Koreans from this maniac.
Old 9th August 2017, 06:10 PM
AFA Member

You do anything to NK and SK is faced with an existential crisis. Whilst the North really doesnt pose any broad global threat, it has the capacity to destroy its neighbor, times ten. To attack NK is to threaten the lives of tens of millions of South Koreans - not to mention millions in the North.

Trump either doesn't understand this or he does understand but doesn't care or he believes that ridding the world of the Kims is worth 20 million deaths. Or, he's just trying to distract from his domestic woes and really has no plan in his brain box at all.

Forgive me for leaning toward the latter.
Old 9th August 2017, 07:32 PM
AFA Member

Nothing like a war to distract from your problems.
Old 9th August 2017, 09:59 PM
Being a bigot makes me sick.

Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post
Nothing like a war to distract from your problems.
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength
Like DanDare liked this post
Old 9th August 2017, 10:56 PM
What Me Deluded?

The Guardian
North Korea v the US: how likely is war?

'Donald Trump has promised ‘fire and fury’; Kim Jong-un has threatened a missile strike on Guam. But experts say bluster might not lead to conflict.'

The opinions of several experts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-likely-is-war

Yet I am sure the North Korean masses are so primed and triggered, they would be happy to go out in a blaze of patriotic glory, for Kim, for juche, if only they can nuke an American city in preemptive vengeance.

And what has KJ-u got to hang on to, the miserable homicidal brat, dictator over those he regards as his contemptible thralls? His back is to the wall. He regularly has potential rivals executed.

It's no stretch to think he could have the mental hygiene of a suicide bomber.

Last edited by Strato; 9th August 2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10th August 2017, 09:21 AM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

it will be a war of cats

Old 10th August 2017, 12:28 PM
Improvises with common tools.

"God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un," says evangelical Trump supporter

Quote:
Televangelist superpastor Robert Jeffress says God has given Trump permission to bomb North Korea. "When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil. In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un.”
From Vox:
Jeffress has long been one of Trump’s political allies, one central to Trump and his team’s increasingly unsettling conflation of Christianity, nationalism, and pro-Trump cult of personality. Jeffress spoke at Trump’s inauguration. In July, he led a “Freedom Rally,” during which he praised Trump as God’s choice for America and a church choir sang a hymn with the lyrics “Make America Great Again,” which is now available for pastors to download for their own worship services.
Jeffress also attended an impromptu White House evangelical prayer meeting last month, which, I previously argued, heralded a new age in church-state relations for the Trump administration. It was clear that Trump wasn’t just appealing to evangelicals to fire up his voter base, but rather using the rhetoric of divinely ordained rule to delegitimize criticism from the mainstream media or even fellow Republicans.
We're either utterly fucked, or about to become very uncomfortable.

Next time a Von-Danikenesque fucknugget arises,
remind me of the Socratic method.
Thank Strato, Blue Lightning thanked this post
Old 10th August 2017, 03:23 PM
I am no feeble Christ, not me.

Trump's "fury and fire" is very biblical. You can count on the bible to be apocalyptic.

Quote:
Isaiah 66:15
For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
Quote:
Ezekiel 22:18
Son of man, the house of Israel has to me become dross: all they are bronze, and tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are even the dross of silver.
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD; Because you have all become dross, behold, therefore I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem.
As they gather silver, and bronze, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in my anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you.
Yea, I will gather you, and blow upon you in the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in its midst.
As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst thereof; and ye shall know that I the LORD have poured out my fury upon you.
Turns out this was an empty bit of bluster from Yahweh, but he's already drowned everyone earlier in the book, so maybe the "dross" of Israel paid attention and got their act together.

Of course Sesame Street is more at Trump's level. Maybe he decided today was going to be brought to you by the letter F, and they were the words he came up with. And as he told us, he knows words, he has the best words.
Laugh at Strato laughed at this post
Old 10th August 2017, 05:05 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
stylofone said View Post
Trump's "fury and fire" is very biblical. You can count on the bible to be apocalyptic.

Quote:
Isaiah 66:15
For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
Quote:
Ezekiel 22:18
Son of man, the house of Israel has to me become dross: all they are bronze, and tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are even the dross of silver.
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD; Because you have all become dross, behold, therefore I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem.
As they gather silver, and bronze, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in my anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you.
Yea, I will gather you, and blow upon you in the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in its midst.
As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst thereof; and ye shall know that I the LORD have poured out my fury upon you.
Turns out this was an empty bit of bluster from Yahweh, but he's already drowned everyone earlier in the book, so maybe the "dross" of Israel paid attention and got their act together.

Of course Sesame Street is more at Trump's level. Maybe he decided today was going to be brought to you by the letter F, and they were the words he came up with. And as he told us, he knows words, he has the best words.
Ffffuck