Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 7th August 2017, 11:30 AM
AFA Member

Default Re: President Donald Trump

Yes as surprising as it may seem, Trump is the best option for a Democrat resurgence, the Republicans are screwing most Americans with or without Trump at the helm but at least with Trump there, the incompetence is glaringly obvious even if the cynical disregard for the welfare of the community and environment is overlooked.
Old 7th August 2017, 07:24 PM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post
Yes as surprising as it may seem, Trump is the best option for a Democrat resurgence, the Republicans are screwing most Americans with or without Trump at the helm but at least with Trump there, the incompetence is glaringly obvious even if the cynical disregard for the welfare of the community and environment is overlooked.
yep. now, if anyone could convince the Dems to do the needy ...
Old 7th August 2017, 08:59 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
One of the problems with the Australian system is that there is no longer any right of private prosecutions.
You are plainly in error: Private protections most certainly can be launched in Australia.

Last edited by Blue Lightning; 7th August 2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:03 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Correction: My fumble fingers and autocorrect - that should have been "private prosecutions".

The error I've referred to is fundamental.

Further, I'm comfortably of the view that the Australian system of initiation of prosecutions, all things considered, is far superior to the Grand Jury system as practised in the US.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 8th August 2017, 01:31 AM
What Me Deluded?

Reading this New York Times article Stub king linked to, I'm reminded of the immortal Pink Floyd tune Pigs,

'Big man pig man
Ha-ha charade you are
You well-heeled big wheel
Ha-ha charade you are...'

https://play.google.com/music/previe...=kp-songlyrics

The New York Times
Politics
Republican Shadow Campaign for 2020 Takes Shape as Trump Doubts Grow

'For his part, Mr. Pence is methodically establishing his own identity and bestowing personal touches on people who could pay dividends in the future. He not only spoke in June at one of the most important yearly events for Iowa Republicans, Senator Joni Ernstís pig roast, but he also held a separate, more intimate gathering for donors afterward.

When he arrived in Des Moines on Air Force Two, Mr. Pence was greeted by an Iowan who had complained about his experience with the Affordable Care Act ó and who happened to be a member of the state Republican central committee.

The vice president has also turned his residence at the Naval Observatory into a hub for relationship building. In June, he opened the mansion to social conservative activists like Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council and representatives of the billionaire kingmakers Charles G. and David H. Koch.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/05/u...sse-pence.html

No better than demagogue Putin and his oligarchs. African apes in the finest suits all hopelessly in need of enlightenment. Careerists, gamesmanship. But everybody else is impacted.

The dystopia that is America under Republicanism, which they call righteousness won't suddenly manifest enlightenment, liberty, equity in any way at all, once the Big Twistie is taken down.

I'd guess Mueller's Grand Jury will order Trump et al not to leave town. This will likely be the last of his many golfing getaways and he knows it.

His health will decline, just as happened to Tricky Dicky. One doesn't gloat over this.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:14 AM
AFA Member

Trump's mentors; Putin, and Duterte, have ways of dealing with such legal niceties, and it always ends in some family's tears.
Having played with the big boys, now Trump is finding that the same situation presents itself to him. What will he do?
Old 8th August 2017, 11:54 AM

Secrecy and Suspicion Surround Trump’s Deregulation Teams

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/b...w.facebook.com

Quote:
When President Trump ordered federal agencies to form teams to dismantle government regulations, the Transportation Department turned to people with deep industry ties.
One appointee had previously lobbied the department on behalf of American Airlines. Another held executive roles for several electric and hybrid car companies regulated by the department. A third was a lawyer who represented United Airlines in regulatory matters.
The three appointees have been identified by The New York Times and ProPublica in a continuing effort to track members of the deregulation teams. The appointments, previously unreported, follow a pattern identified by the two news organizations: By and large, the Trump administration has stacked the teams with political appointees, some of whom may be reviewing rules their former employers sought to weaken or kill.
Old 9th August 2017, 11:19 AM

North Korea says seriously considering plan to strike Guam: KCNA

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-no...-idUSKBN1AO2L9

Quote:
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Wednesday it is "carefully examining" plans for a missile strike on the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, just hours after U.S. President Donald Trump told the North that any threat to the United States would be met with "fire and fury".
Old 9th August 2017, 01:33 PM
AFA Member

Can a tech savvy person please dub Trump's voice over KJI's video speeches. The combination is a very comfortable fit methinks.
Old 9th August 2017, 03:25 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Stub King said View Post
North Korea says seriously considering plan to strike Guam: KCNA

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-no...-idUSKBN1AO2L9
But...huh? If you're going to attack a tiny island in the Pacific Ocean why would you tell everyone beforehand? If they wanted to commit suicide Hawaii would be a better choice. Anyway, I'm skeptical about the Guam statement being real, but then again they're fucking nuts so who knows!