Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 13th August 2017, 12:00 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: President Donald Trump

When the national president condemns equally the victims of and perpetrator if terrorism then this is a code for more such acts
Old 13th August 2017, 01:09 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
When the national president condemns equally the victims of and perpetrator if terrorism then this is a code for more such acts

The crash of a state police helicopter killing two state police officers has also now been linked to the rally, previously this was reported as a just an aircraft crash separate from the deaths at the rally. The police haven't stated exactly how it's linked, however with many people at the rally carrying rifles I can imagine the finding of bullet holes in the wreckage may be one way it is linked.

Quote:
The cause of the helicopter crash, which occurred in a nearby wooded area, was under investigation, Virginia State Police said.

Authorities did not say how the crash was linked to the violence in Charlottesville, through it appeared state police were on-board
http://www.news.com.au/world/charlot...7e9375583b46e6

More on the presidents reaction;

Quote:
However the Daily Stormer, a white supremacist website promoting the Charlottesville demonstration on its Summer of Hate edition, praised the President’s response.

“Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us. ... No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him,” it read.
So, not discouraged at all and quite happy with the deaths of counter protesters by the looks of it!

Also it appears Trump is using the news coverage to spruik his achievements in government;

Quote:
However, what the President said next raised eyebrows as instead of condemning far right groups, he highlighted the country’s economic achievements.

“Our country is doing very well in so many ways. We have record, just absolute record employment. We have unemployment the lowest it’s been in almost seventeen years. We have companies pouring into our country. Foxconn and car companies and so many others, they’re coming back to our country. We’re renegotiating trade deals to make them great for our country and great for the American worker,” he said.
Of course it should be pointed out that many of these thinks, unemployment the lowest in 17 years, certainly isn't the result of Trump policies, since he hasn't actually managed to get anything substantive done except dismantle the previous administrations hard work, but more likely Obama policies.

The man is mad, maybe in a special sort of way, but madness it is!

Last edited by stevebrooks; 13th August 2017 at 01:11 PM.
Like DanDare liked this post
Old 13th August 2017, 01:14 PM
Improvises with common tools.

Salesman Trump is never committed to any thing or cause. He merely plays up or down specific points, to make his product - himself - look good.

This is why some people get headaches trying to determine his stance on matters.

Next time a Von-Danikenesque fucknugget arises,
remind me of the Socratic method.
Like DanDare liked this post
Old 13th August 2017, 01:53 PM
AFA Member

There comes a point when it is treason
Old 13th August 2017, 07:32 PM
AFA Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40914748

A bit deeper look at events;

Quote:
In a column they surged into the park, using sticks and their fists to shove aside anti-fascist counter-protesters. Then they blocked off the entrance with shields. Inside, David Duke, the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, grinned and waved as the crowd, almost entirely white and male, cheered him on, chanting his name and putting their arms up in Nazi salutes.
Old 13th August 2017, 07:35 PM
AFA Member

David Duke! Well, perhaps the GOP will consider him as a candidate in 2020 because Trump isn't committed enough.
Old 13th August 2017, 07:36 PM
Not a mug...
Super Moderator

America is seriously broken.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 13th August 2017, 08:22 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
wolty said View Post
America is seriously broken.
Is that cup Covfeffe?
Old 13th August 2017, 08:39 PM
Not a mug...
Super Moderator

Burn

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Like The Irreverent Mr Black, DanDare liked this post
Old 14th August 2017, 01:16 AM
AFA Member

Such extraordinary scenes in the US. Ancient as well as more recent conflicts played out.
I was so proud to see the Anarchist flag flying.

To me it shows the importance of being intellectually primed to for such circumstances. That takes lifelong commitment to learning, but also educating. It looks like the bad sort of tribalism that impels fascism. They can learn but only as individuals once they break free of their groupthink.

Last edited by wadaye; 14th August 2017 at 01:28 AM.