Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 18th May 2017, 01:06 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Default Re: President Donald Trump

Even more sensationally, this from the former House majority leader, one of Trump's closest Republican allies:

'I think Putin pays' Donald Trump, House majority leader Kevin McCarthy said to colleagues

Quote:
... A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress - House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy - made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"There's two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump," McCarthy said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016 exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul Ryan immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy's assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

Wow. The leaks keep on coming.

Last edited by Blue Lightning; 18th May 2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 18th May 2017, 01:15 PM
AFA Member

Trump should be impeached, or implumed, or something.

You would think even the Publicans would have had a gutful by now. But of course they want to gut every social program first, to entrench inequity and hate in their society.
Old 18th May 2017, 01:20 PM
I am no feeble Christ, not me.

Trump always wanted a special prosecutor. Now he's got one. HA!

Like The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
Laugh at knowledge is power laughed at this post
Old 18th May 2017, 08:11 PM

Simuscran hias?

"Did I miss anything so far?"

Unless Donald Trump is well aware of the implications and consequences of his actions, tone and policies-making on the American citizenry (which I doubt he clearly is as he is probably too unintelligent to even understand), it is pointless getting him impeached and punished severely - at least he deserves proper education, rehabilitation and counselling to awaken to the reality as such.

Invius muharas.

"Let's see what happens thereafter."
Old 18th May 2017, 08:24 PM
Deepity-packed chopper

Frankly, Azu, I am more concerned for the world/USA/justice in that order.

Trump's got enough of an ego to be far more concerned for himself than he deserves, in my opinion.

All your mistakes are lurking at Archive.org

Like DanDare, Soup Dragon liked this post
Old 18th May 2017, 08:28 PM

Indeed, you're right.

Instelleres hunarvius spearius. Suretsy whis janshacklius.

"He probably lacks the concept of integrity, with which he would restrain and reserve his egotistical indulgences anyway."
Old 18th May 2017, 08:56 PM
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord.

Stop me if I am repeating myself... but... I have had many arguments with both family and forum members who have expressed a distaste for 'career politicians' - a term they use as a pejorative. Business people do not have to respect any concept of separation of powers, nor do they nescessarily need to respect the rule of law.

This is what electing a novice looks like in the US - Sure we elected Clive (and on a different tangent, Pauline), but they do not have anything like the power and capacity for autonomous action that the US President has.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess

Last edited by odd; 18th May 2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 18th May 2017, 09:09 PM
Not a mug...
Super Moderator

Quote:
odd said View Post
Stop me if I am repeating myself... but... I have had many arguments with both family and forum members who have expressed a distaste for 'career politicians' - a term they use as a pejorative. Business people do not have to respect any concept of separation of powers, nor do they nescessarily need to respect the rule of law.

This is what electing a novice looks like in the US - Sure we elected Clive (and on a different tangent, Pauline), but they do not have anything like the power and capacity for auto industry action that the US President has.
Yes, politics is of course diplomacy. Business isn't. Least the way it is practised in some parts of the world.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Thank Azurisan21 thanked this post
Old 18th May 2017, 09:21 PM
A female Doctor..Who me?

Quote:
Azurisan21 said View Post
at least he deserves proper education, rehabilitation and counselling to awaken to the reality as such.
Some people are beyond help Azu, and cannot be reasoned with or taught. Otherwise everyone on the planet would be atheist!

The bible says, "A simple man believes every word he hears, a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15 LOL.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 18th May 2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
wolty said View Post
Yes, politics is of course diplomacy. Business isn't. Least the way it is practised in some parts of the world.
I couldn't parse Odd's comment until you summed it up with such concision. Now it makes so much sense and thanks to that, Odd has made a very good point what politics should all be about. Well, it depends on the type of government - if it is imperium, it's more like business than diplomacy than would be in democracy.