https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...out-everything

Yup, that's an article!
Thank Blue Lightning thanked this post
Old 8th February 2017, 10:54 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: President-Elect Donald Trump

LOL

Quote:
There is a much simpler explanation for the list of Secret Media Terrorism Coverups and the Bowling Green Massacre and the “alternative facts” than this idea that somehow, the Trump administration is making up facts or misleading the American people. Nonsense. They are doing the best they can with the facts they have. They simply have come here from an alternative universe.

It is not their fault that their facts appear to be quite different from what is happening in the universe where most people live. They did not ask to come here. Something went wrong with the timeline, is all. Somebody stepped on a butterfly, and here we are.

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Old 8th February 2017, 11:15 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Quote:
THWOTH said View Post
I listened to some of the hearing last night. It was nothing like a TV courtroom drama, but strangely compelling all the same.
It was very much a real courtroom drama.
Old 9th February 2017, 12:53 AM
What Me Deluded?

The President's discretionary powers fiat carries with it the presumption that the President is actually capable of exercising discretion.
Laugh at Blue Lightning laughed at this post
Old 9th February 2017, 12:56 AM
What Me Deluded?

The far-rightwrong.
Old 9th February 2017, 03:30 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Spearthrower said View Post
I read the article and enjoyed it and felt it was good, poking fun at the Trumpists, then I just read this and thought, maybe it isn't just fun poking?

Quote:
Mr Trump called National Security Adviser Mike Flynn at 3am to ask about the economic impact of a strong US dollar, according to the Huffington Post.

Citing sources with knowledge of the conversation, the publication reported that Mr Trump asked the retired lieutenant general if the strong dollar was good or bad for the US economy.

According to the sources, General Flynn said he was not sure and that Mr Trump should ask an economist. The US president was reportedly “not thrilled with that response”.
He asked a retired lieutenant general about the economy, he gave the correct answer, go and ask someone who fucking knows (and probably added "and next time don't wake me up at 3am unless Mexico is fucking invading the USA!," and trump wasn't happy with that answer?

Who does he ask about science, a fucking creationist?.....oh wait, he does doesn't he!

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...42a421338c70ea
Old 9th February 2017, 10:04 AM

With regards to the last link: the logical conclusion there is to close all borders to everyone and/or impose strict vetting for all entrants and returnees. Does he thing The Handmaid's Tale is a manual on good governance?

Last edited by THWOTH; 9th February 2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: predictive typos
Like hackenslash liked this post
Old 9th February 2017, 10:24 AM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Attacks on the Judiciary - check.

Trump lashes out again at judges over travel ban and calls hearing 'disgraceful'
President tells crowd of law enforcement officials that executive order couldn’t ‘be written any plainer or better’...

Quote:
Donald Trump has lashed out at the appeals court weighing his travel ban, telling an audience of police chiefs and sheriffs that some of the deliberations he had heard were “disgraceful”.

“It’s really incredible to me that we have a court case that’s going on so long,” Trump told a conference of law enforcement officials in Washington on Wednesday. “They’re interpreting things differently than probably 100% of the people in this room.”

He quoted from the portion of the immigration law that he said gave him the power to enact the ban, calling it “beautifully written” and saying even “a bad high school student would understand this”.

The president said he followed the proceedings on television, which broadcast a live audio stream of the hearing. “I watched last night in amazement and I heard things that I couldn’t believe, things that really had nothing to do with what I just read.

“I don’t ever want to call a court biased, so I won’t call it biased, and we haven’t had a decision yet, but courts seem to be so political and it would be so great for our justice system if they would be able to read a statement and do what’s right, and that has to do with the security of our country, which is so important.”

Trump, a Republican, continued: “I was a good student, I understand things, I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody. And I want to tell you that I listened to a bunch of stuff last night on television that was disgraceful, it was disgraceful, because what I just read to you is what we have and it just can’t be written any plainer or better.”

Trump comprehends very well, better than almost anybody. Obviously.
Like hackenslash liked this post
Thank wadaye thanked this post
Old 9th February 2017, 11:00 AM

"I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody. "

Unless you were too dumb to know how dumb your were.
Laugh at Blue Lightning, joele laughed at this post
Old 9th February 2017, 11:17 AM
AFA Member

That last quote sums it up for me. Throw in his attempt to get economic advice from a retired soldier. The man is dumb as shit, an imbecile, but what i find increasingly terrifying is this alternative reality that he and his aids seem to be creating. This is disturbing for two reasons. One, it's fucking insane and two they may decide to try and create the reality which means they'll need a large terrorist attack on US soil and probably war in order to claim some executive power in a time a crisis in order to overpower the judiciary and probably the press.

This is so fucked up i'm beginning to feel like a rabbit in the headlights.
Thank joele, THWOTH thanked this post