Go Back   AFA Forums > Science, Logic and Reason > Environment and Conservation

Environment and Conservation Issues facing the natural world

Old 14th May 2017, 11:40 PM
What Me Deluded?

Default Environmental Safeguards: "Green Tape".

I took to looking up Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and came to the Australian Pesticides Map.

Once again, I find I can't look away.

This is a huge and invaluable data base of accounts and test reports on environmental pollution from hazardous chemicals many of which are non-biodegradable. They need a high temperature destructor as hot as an oxy welder to break them down.

We found out the land behind us was used for growing potatoes and Dieldrin was used with a free hand. The neighbour has just died from Parkinson's, a typical consequence of being exposed to drift, when it was used until the '80's

The account of the very long term contamination of Sydney harbour is a read I do recommend. The production of Agent Orange (sprayed very heavily in Vietnam during that dirty little war) and Dieldrin etc. at Homebush Bay, by Union Carbide and many others.

The article exposes the perfidious term 'green tape', used by developers and their political backers to characterise environmental legal action as ideologically driven, as by 'these green/left' malingerers and their bleeding heart lawyers.

1949-1986: Union Carbide owned Rhodes (Homebush Bay). Pesticides included :2,4,5-T, 2,4-D

https://pesticides.australianmap.net...ed-245-t-24-d/

The site, well just one page of it, listing contaminated regions and the accounts of each to click on and read, for the public.

This is the project of informed people with the scientific information and environmental conscience,

https://pesticides.australianmap.net/?s=4%2C4%2CDDT
Thank knowledge is power thanked this post
Old 14th May 2017, 11:44 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Environmental Safeguards: "Green Tape".

Quote:
Strato said View Post
I took to looking up Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and came to the Australian Pesticides Map.

Once again, I find I can't look away.

This is a huge and invaluable data base of accounts and test reports on environmental pollution from hazardous chemicals many of which are non-biodegradable. They need a high temperature destructor as hot as an oxy welder to break them down.

We found out the land behind us was used for growing potatoes and Dieldrin was used with a free hand. The neighbour has just died from Parkinson's, a typical consequence of being exposed to drift, when it was used until the '80's

The account of the very long term contamination of Sydney harbour is a read I do recommend. The production of Agent Orange (sprayed very heavily in Vietnam during that dirty little war) and Dieldrin etc. at Homebush Bay, by Union Carbide and many others.

The article exposes the perfidious term 'green tape', used by developers and their political backers to characterise environmental legal action as ideologically driven, as by 'these green/left' malingerers and their bleeding heart lawyers.

1949-1986: Union Carbide owned Rhodes (Homebush Bay). Pesticides included :2,4,5-T, 2,4-D

https://pesticides.australianmap.net...ed-245-t-24-d/

The site, well just one page of it, listing contaminated regions and the accounts of each to click on and read, for the public.

This is the project of informed people with the scientific information and environmental conscience,

https://pesticides.australianmap.net/?s=4%2C4%2CDDT
The noxious odour which was long term coming from the Homebush Bay development site was something to behold, reliably so.
Old 14th May 2017, 11:47 PM
What Me Deluded?

Default Re: Environmental Safeguards: "Green Tape".

It's a wonder it didn't catch fire, wadaye.