Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 8th February 2018, 05:21 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Default Re: President Donald Trump

From Michael Wolff's book Fire and Fury, in Chapter 5, titled Jarvanka he says:
Quote:
Michael Wolff said
She treated her father with some lightness, even irony, and in at least one television interview she made fun of his comb-over. She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate—a contained island after scalp reduction surgery—surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray. The color, she would point out to comical effect, was from a product called Just for Men—the longer it was left on, the darker it got. Impatience resulted in Trump’s orange-blond hair color.
I feel pity for him that he's so narcissistic that he'd go to such lengths to conceal his baldness?

[disclaimer]
I have a pretty good head of hair for my age; I'm not quite sure what I'd do if I was confronted with baldness?
[/disclaimer]

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Like The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
Old 8th February 2018, 07:31 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
two dogs said View Post

I feel pity for him that he's so narcissistic that he'd go to such lengths to conceal his baldness?

[disclaimer]
I have a pretty good head of hair for my age; I'm not quite sure what I'd do if I was confronted with baldness?
[/disclaimer]

The exact same thing any reasonable, intelligent and balanced individual would do, fucking shave the rest of it off. You have no idea how much easier it makes life just getting a near bald shave every few weeks!
Old 8th February 2018, 07:56 PM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
Quote:
two dogs said View Post

[disclaimer]
[/disclaimer]

The exact same thing any reasonable, intelligent and balanced individual would do, fucking shave the rest of it off. You have no idea how much easier it makes life just getting a near bald shave every few weeks!
Well, it depends on how the baldness happens. Mine's that odd receding thing, where there's still hair in the middle (albeit thinning). So I fucking well went the bright blue fauxhawk whilst I could still pull it off. I mean, I did the "just fucking shave it" thing for a couple of years, and will no doubt be back to that in fairly short order, but by that point I'm hoping to be able to do whatever the hell I want with my facial hair instead.

I mean, I'm nearly there now anyway.

@Goldenmane3

Like two dogs, Blue Lightning liked this post
Old 9th February 2018, 08:15 AM
And if I can reach the pedals, I'll be sweet

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
Quote:
two dogs said View Post

[disclaimer]
[/disclaimer]

I was thinking through the recent lists of US Presidents and trying to remember if any of them were bald or thinning. I know that John Howard was losing his hair/had lost his hair when he was PM here.

I wonder if there is more status associated with hair in the US.

This is coming from someone who was losing his hair when he was in his twenties.
Old 9th February 2018, 09:39 AM
Arse-pocalyptic

It's a shame, but it's a sham.

Everything before the "but" is bullshit. - Black's Grandad.

Old 9th February 2018, 09:55 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
It's a shame, but it's a sham.

Strange but to me he looks a lot better with the beard.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:51 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Goldenmane said View Post
Well, it depends on how the baldness happens. Mine's that odd receding thing, where there's still hair in the middle (albeit thinning). So I fucking well went the bright blue fauxhawk whilst I could still pull it off. I mean, I did the "just fucking shave it" thing for a couple of years, and will no doubt be back to that in fairly short order, but by that point I'm hoping to be able to do whatever the hell I want with my facial hair instead.

I mean, I'm nearly there now anyway.

I'm impressed, and I can tell you that's not an easy thing to do! I rarely even impress myself!
Old 9th February 2018, 02:30 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post
Strange but to me he looks a lot better with the beard.
We can't do much about whats inside though.
Old 10th February 2018, 02:59 PM
AFA Member

I see Trump has decided to block the release of the democratic memo on the advice of the FBI, despite releasing the republican memo against the advice of the FBI. I can't see that being a good look.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43012430

Quote:
Last week, Mr Trump defied warnings from the FBI to release a Republican document that alleged the agency had abused its power by investigating a Trump adviser as part of its probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Quote:
But in a letter to the committee's chairman, White House Counsel Don McGahn said Mr Trump had decided against approving public release of the Democratic memo "because the memorandum contains numerous properly classified passages".

A separate letter, from FBI chief Christopher Wray and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, also said releasing the memo would create national security concerns.
Right, national security concerns, didn't seem to be an issue for the Republican memo.
Old 11th February 2018, 10:08 AM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Select the Worst Trump Minion

Quote:
Does every terrible employee in America work for the Trump White House?

O.K., probably not. Donald Trump didn’t hire the guy who told Hawaiians they were about to be hit by a ballistic missile. Or the airline representative who was accused of pressing a passenger to flush her hamster down the toilet.

But for overall ineptitude and ability to create crises at the highest level, you have to go with the presidential team ...

... Let’s think about major officials who are still standing, more or less. And while voting for John Kelly is all right, it’d be interesting to talk about somebody else for a while ...
A long list follows. A detailed catalogue of choices . Then:

Quote:

O.K., folks: Vote for who you’d most like to see go away. No fair saying everybody.
Says it all, really.

Last edited by Blue Lightning; 11th February 2018 at 10:10 AM.
Like The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
Thank wadaye thanked this post