Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 23rd July 2017, 09:54 AM
I am no feeble Christ, not me.

Default Re: President Donald Trump

In tweet storm, Trump decries ‘illegal leaks’ and asserts ‘all agree’ he has complete power to pardon

A series of early morning brainfarts from the Bozo in chief. It just never stops!

Quote:
NORFOLK — A defiant President Trump unleashed a flurry of nearly a dozen tweets Saturday morning, asserting that he has the “complete power to pardon” aides, family members and possibly even himself — an apparent response to the special counsel’s widening Russia probe — and decrying “illegal leaks” in the “FAKE NEWS.”
Thank Strato, DanDare thanked this post
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:58 AM
AFA Member

'Illegal leaks in the fake news'!!!

Hang on, are they fake leaks in fake news or are they illegal leaks because they are leaking real information in which case the news is not fake?
Laugh at Strato, DanDare laughed at this post
Old 23rd July 2017, 10:05 AM
AFA Member

And another thing, he actually tweeted
Quote:
...only crime so far is LEAKS against us. FAKE NEWS
My bold. 'So far'? That's a weird way to put it. It implies he'll be getting to the crime committing as soon as he gets the time.
Like Strato liked this post
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:44 PM
What Me Deluded?

Fake President.
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:47 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Unfortunately, he's a real President.

Last edited by Blue Lightning; 24th July 2017 at 12:01 AM.
Like Strato liked this post
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:52 PM
What Me Deluded?

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Quote:
My bold. 'So far'? That's a weird way to put it. It implies he'll be getting to the crime committing as soon as he gets the time.
He really doesn't comprehend the meaning of the term 'crime.' At least it doesn't apply to him. It can't stick. So unfair too.
Old 24th July 2017, 07:18 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Strato said View Post
Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Quote:
He really doesn't comprehend the meaning of the term 'crime.' At least it doesn't apply to him. It can't stick. So unfair too.
"uncrime" anyone?
At least @real has unmasked @fake so now, in contrast to everything since America was last great in the old days, we now have an unreal president.

Last edited by wadaye; 24th July 2017 at 07:21 AM.
Old 24th July 2017, 07:45 AM
Goat Of Many Colours

Quote:
stylofone said View Post
In tweet storm, Trump decries ‘illegal leaks’ and asserts ‘all agree’ he has complete power to pardon

A series of early morning brainfarts from the Bozo in chief. It just never stops!

Quote:
NORFOLK — A defiant President Trump unleashed a flurry of nearly a dozen tweets Saturday morning, asserting that he has the “complete power to pardon” aides, family members and possibly even himself — an apparent response to the special counsel’s widening Russia probe — and decrying “illegal leaks” in the “FAKE NEWS.”
It appears a sitting duck President can be indicted. Ironically, the ruling is a legacy from the Clinton/Lewinsky business.

Quote:
A newfound memo from Kenneth Starr’s independent counsel investigation into president Bill Clinton sheds fresh light on a constitutional puzzle that is taking on mounting significance amid the Trump-Russia inquiry: Can a sitting president be indicted?
The 56-page memo, locked in the National Archives for nearly two decades and obtained by The New York Times under the Freedom of Information Act, amounts to the most thorough government-commissioned analysis rejecting a generally held view that presidents are immune from prosecution while in office.
“It is proper, constitutional, and legal for a federal grand jury to indict a sitting president for serious criminal acts that are not part of, and are contrary to, the president’s official duties,” the Starr office memo concludes. “In this country, no one, even President Clinton, is above the law.”

Barnyard has Family Values: he values families so highly he's already collected a few.

Last edited by The Irreverent Mr Black; 24th July 2017 at 07:47 AM.
Thank Strato thanked this post
Old 24th July 2017, 09:07 AM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

and now for something completely different

Leftwing Breitbart? Chapo Trap House is strong new voice in resistance to Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...wing-breitbart

Quote:
It has been called the leftwing alternative to Breitbart – a subversive, humorous and politics-focused new media presence that has attracted a devoted following on both sides of the Atlantic.

Chapo Trap House has mostly attracted followers of Jeremy Corbyn and Bernie Sanders, but recently it burst into the mainstream US media when a dispute erupted between the podcasts’ provocative, hard-left commentators and The New Republic, a stately institution of polite neo-liberalism.
Thank Strato thanked this post
Old 24th July 2017, 09:20 AM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
The phrase “bend the knee”, a historical gesture of deference, was interpreted by some critics’ terms of gender and identity politics – realms into which Chapo hosts often throw grenades.

“Bend the knee gets read as a sexual reference,” the New York magazine and All the Single Ladies author Rebecca Traister wrote in an email quoted by the New Republic. “Not because people think it is literally about sex, but because it conveys a hunger for dominance and submission, which is very quickly heard as gendered and sexual.”
No you fucking wankers. It really really doesn't mean that.

Reds under the bed anyone?

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary