Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Sexuality issues and equality

Sexuality issues and equality Safe zone for people to discuss gender identity, sexuality and equality.

Old 7th December 2017, 07:33 PM
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord.

Default Re: Humiliation overflow thread

Quote:
David Nicholls said View Post
Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post
Thank you for not answering the question it is very telling.
I am not being pedantic I am just following up on a claim that you made that was in my opinion potentially hurtful to LG.
If you no longer wish to stand by that claim I applaud your revised opinion.
You are correct in that I do not have a handle on the complexities of the issue, I never claimed that I did, unlike your post.
I cannot control what you think. I have not been intentionally or unintentionally hurtful to LadyGreen nor have I used this thread to show how marvelous some people think they are in the protection of others. Self-aggrandisement has been hovering in the background and that is shameful to me.

Let's give it a rest for now. It has just been announced that the same sex marriage bill has got the go ahead and is waiting on the Governor General (I think) to pass it into law. That to me is one big step for humanity and one small step in regards to the problems faced by LadyGreen.

David
So the people hurting LG think they are doing the right thing and the people offering support to LG are shamefully self aggrandising? WTF is wrong with you?

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess
Like two dogs liked this post
Old 7th December 2017, 07:39 PM
AFA Life Member - I see ...

Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post
I am not being pedantic I am just following up on a claim that you made that was in my opinion potentially hurtful to LG.
You are correct in that I do not have a handle on the complexities of the issue, I never claimed that I did, unlike your post.
I cannot control what you think. I have not been intentionally or unintentionally hurtful to LadyGreen nor have I used this thread to show how marvelous some people think they are in the protection of others. Self-aggrandisement has been hovering in the background and that is shameful to me.

Let's give it a rest for now. It has just been announced that the same sex marriage bill has got the go ahead and is waiting on the Governor General (I think) to pass it into law. That to me is one big step for humanity and one small step in regards to the problems faced by LadyGreen.

David
So the people hurting LG think they are doing the right thing and the people offering support to LG are shamefully self aggrandising? WTF is wrong with you?
Some people, odd. Let's not exaggerate as you are prone.

Look in your own court to see what is wrong with who. Or is that, whom?

David
Old 7th December 2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post

David

David
Very low effort David. Castigating the people who support LG while mansplaining to her why those who humiliated her couldn't help it. Classy stuff. You think we should give it a rest now? How about leading by example.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Old 7th December 2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post

David

David
Very low effort David. Castigating the people who support LG while mansplaining to her why those who humiliated her couldn't help it. Classy stuff. You think we should give it a rest now? How about leading by example.
I'll say it again, odd. Some people. You seem to miss that point on purpose. Why do you do that?

Maybe you should keep out of threads I'm in. You would sleep better if you did.

David
Dislike Blue Lightning disliked this post
Old 7th December 2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post

David

David
I'll say it again, odd. Some people. You seem to miss that point on purpose. Why do you do that?

David
I'll post wherever I fucking like pal. You think I lie awake at night worrying about you? You are overvaluing your importance David. Feel free to give it a rest, you know, like you told everyone else to do.

Old 7th December 2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:
Quote:
bruce1937 said View Post

David

David

David
I'll post wherever I fucking like pal. You think I lie awake at night worrying about you? You are overvaluing your importance David. Feel free to give it a rest, you know, like you told everyone else to do.
I'm certainly not your pal and I would be surprised it you didn't lay awake at night thinking how you can 'get me'. Use the force/button Luke.

Not sure if you should be a mod or do you fit the mold to perfection. Dunno.

A very good question.

David
Old 7th December 2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I'm certainly not your pal and I would be surprised it you didn't lay awake at night thinking how you can 'get me'. Use the force/button Luke.

A very good question.

David
You think I want to 'get' you? Giving the amount of home goals you have scored recently I think you should be looking closer to home for the enemy.

Like Mjt liked this post
Old 7th December 2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:

A very good question.

David
You think I want to 'get' you? Giving the amount of home goals you have scored recently I think you should be looking closer to home for the enemy.
I'm not here to win home goals. Seems you are. And I think you mean 'given' and not giving. You should leave it here.

David
Old 7th December 2017, 08:15 PM
AFA Member

Quote:

David
People can comment in any thread they like, provided they obey the forum rules.

Staff like odd, are obliged to monitor threads, and if necessary, provide guidance or sanctions if conversations get out of hand.

As a privileged white male I haven't had much in the way of bigotry thrown at me. But as a normal human with some empathy and a little brains, I can well imagine bigotry being harmful to the people who experience it.

All you seem to want to do is bully and insist that you are right. What you don't seem to want to do, is to attempt walking a mile in another person's moccasins.
Had you done so, you might have got the point.

But no, you "doubled down", introduced irrelevancies, and made it into personal attacks for all those who challenged you.

One reason a whole shit load of members left this forum, particularly women, was that it was not a particularly safe or comfortable place to be for them.

That was a wake-up call really.

A first glace being "colour-blind" or "gender-blind" or whatever, seems to be a noble thing. So we white privileged males patted ourselves on the back and boasted how enlightened we were. But it only seems enlightened from the standpoint of a white privileged hetero male.

We simply don't understand, because we don't directly and personally experience bigotry from racists, sexists, gay-bashers etc. Not on the scale such targeted groups experience, at any rate. So it is hard to understand.
Anyway, that is my two cents.
Thank two dogs, odd, Strato thanked this post
Old 7th December 2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
odd said View Post
Quote:

A very good question.

David
I'm not here to win home goals. Seems you are. And I think you mean 'given' and not giving. You should leave it here.

David
Awesome stuff. Why don't you try to properly respond to bruce who smashed you upthread? Pointing out typos is easier than addressing the problems with your earlier posts?

Like Mjt liked this post