Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 22nd May 2017, 05:44 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Default Re: The Malcolm Turnbull thread

More Dutton than Turnbull but still....

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black laughed at this post
Old 16th June 2017, 06:02 PM
AFA Member

The Turnbull speech mocking Trump will do him no harm in the polls i imagine and to be honest i was just a little bit pleased for him. He's no fool, ya gotta give him that. He's a bit of a coward when it comes to SSM, climate change and Adani but at least he isnt going down the 'make Australia great' path and the flag waving bullshit of Bernardi and One Nation. In a sense, he was mocking them as much as Trump.

Having said that, Pauline is defending him http://www.news.com.au/national/poli...6c56bbf342b47f which in my view illustrates the idiotic confusion engulfing the Aussie alt-right.

The biggest danger in politics, in my opinion, is a lack of intelligence and limited education. Just vote for smart people, with degrees and secondary degrees and people who have lived in different countries and have seen a bit of the world and have read a bit of Nietzsche and a have some kind of grasp of history and it should be ok. (bit out of context that...but what the fuck)
Like wolty, DanDare liked this post
Old 21st November 2017, 02:34 PM
AFA Member

I've decided to drag the Malcolm pussy....oops Turnbull thread from it's long hiatus at the end of the politics forum where it was in danger of falling into irrelevancy like it's namesake!

http://www.news.com.au/national/poli...00cf3c81a0849e

I give you the demand!

Quote:
Sky News commentator Andrew Bolt reported last night that the unnamed pollie would only stay if Malcolm Turnbull is replaced by a leader who can appeal to conservative voters.

I just, I just don't know. Having been soundly flogged in what can only be considered the sounding board for conservative support in Australia, the result being more than 60% of us told them to go fuck themselves, people in the party think they need to go more conservative? Is this a fucking joke?

Oh yes the Malcolm Pussy joke?

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay...c4b8ed978ef7f9

Quote:
“What is a non-binding survey anyway? I mean, what the f*** is that anyway? F***ing Australians.

“I mean in Britain we do it properly. Proper referendums involve six months of lies and fear-mongering on both sides. The Prime Minister staking his entire political career on the outcome and then resigning in shame — that’s how to f***ing go to the country.

Quote:
“What a resounding result, a result that was only made possible because the debate was allowed to happen because, yes, the Prime Minister was a pussy and he should have passed the legislation anyway and the whole thing cost too much money, but debate is important especially when it comes to gay rights which, let’s be honest, is a relatively recent development.
Old 21st November 2017, 02:36 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Bring back Abbott!!!!!!

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Laugh at Blue Lightning laughed at this post
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:34 AM
AFA Member

As far as I can tell, the likes of Cory Bernardi think the Australian Liberal Party are a bunch of degenerate, atheist, commie faggots who don't know what is good for the country. [The ALP and other parties, are of course, beyond the pale].

The only thing I respect about Bernardi is that he at least has the balls to come out and say it, as I suspect more in the liberal party secretly share at least some his views, but are too timid to say it openly.
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:43 AM
Today is today. Tomorrow is uncertain.

Quote:
Darwinsbulldog said View Post
As far as I can tell, the likes of Cory Bernardi think the Australian Liberal Party are a bunch of degenerate, atheist, commie faggots who don't know what is good for the country. [The ALP and other parties, are of course, beyond the pale].

The only thing I respect about Bernardi is that he at least has the balls to come out and say it, as I suspect more in the liberal party secretly share at least some his views, but are too timid to say it openly.
Or strategically deceptive?

vibrators are WRONG and unnatural the bible said adam and eve not florence and the machine
— Becky (@SAlNTKARDASHIAN) May 18, 2016

Like Darwinsbulldog liked this post
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:28 PM
Being a bigot makes me sick.

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
Or strategically deceptive?

A bit of column A, bit of column B...
Like The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
Old 24th November 2017, 08:09 AM
*Insert naughty words here*

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
I've decided to drag the Malcolm pussy....oops Turnbull thread from it's long hiatus at the end of the politics forum where it was in danger of falling into irrelevancy like it's namesake!

http://www.news.com.au/national/poli...00cf3c81a0849e

I give you the demand!

Quote:
Sky News commentator Andrew Bolt reported last night that the unnamed pollie would only stay if Malcolm Turnbull is replaced by a leader who can appeal to conservative voters.

Do not be surprised if the above is entirely fabricated. No name is given, which in the past usually meant it was complete bullshit. This is Bolt as a source as well, he has been shown to not exactly be an honest person.

Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 24th November 2017, 01:03 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
loubert said View Post
Do not be surprised if the above is entirely fabricated. No name is given, which in the past usually meant it was complete bullshit. This is Bolt as a source as well, he has been shown to not exactly be an honest person.

Oh noes, FAKE NEWS!

We will have to wait and see, but honestly my personal reaction to any sort of blackmail is to just tell them to go ahead and do whatever they want, anything else is basically surrender, I don't do surrender very well. If Turnbull surrenders he's finished, not that I think he's going to last very long anyway.
Old 24th November 2017, 02:29 PM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

Quote:
I was outside Kelly O'Dwyer's office today, shooting some Stop Adani videos and having a little demonstration and was opining that I would not mind see this happen. by 'this' I mean the LNP fracturing and some jumping ship to Bernardi. this will fragment the base and they will be easier to target. it will also allow the LNP moderates to come to the front. not that I like the LNP being in power. but considering it is likely they will be, (let's face it, it is either them or Labor), at least it will be better than what we have. it will also force Labor to go left to differentiate.