Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Sexuality issues and equality

Sexuality issues and equality Safe zone for people to discuss gender identity, sexuality and equality.

Old 10th May 2017, 10:00 PM
I'm an avid reader

Default Aceh, Indonesia - 80 Lashes For Gay Men

Linky

Quote:
Shariah prosecutors in Indonesia's Aceh province say two men accused of having gay sex should each receive 80 lashes, in another blow to the country's moderate image after a top Christian official was imprisoned for blasphemy.

The lead prosecutor, Gulmaini, who goes by one name, said the two men aged 20 and 23 had "confessed" to being in a gay relationship, which was supported by video footage and other evidence found in their rented room.

The men were led into the court handcuffed together and pulled their tops up to partially obscure their faces.

The couple was arrested in late March after neighborhood vigilantes in the provincial capital Banda Aceh suspected them of being gay and set out to catch them having sex.

There's more bad music in jazz than any other form.
Maybe that's because the audience doesn't really know what's happening.
- Pat Metheny
Old 10th May 2017, 10:18 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Aceh, Indonesia - 80 Lashes For Gay Men

Aceh has been on crazy street for decades. Just a matter of time before they start asking Jakarta for the right to perform public beheadings.

Fucking tragic.

I actually spent time in Aceh, 30 years ago, it was ok from memory. I drank beer, snogged my girlfriend openly and went swimming. Wouldn't do any of that now, but then again i wouldn't go there now.
Old 11th May 2017, 01:08 AM
What Me Deluded?

I feel for Western Papua. The environment is being irresponsibly exploited, the indigenous people militarily subjugated, misgoverned, chronic human rights violations there.

Ideally it should be an Australian Protectorate.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 11th May 2017, 10:43 AM
AFA Member

I suggest 800 lashes for straight men. If we are going to have corporal punishment for doing things with genitalia designed by god, we may as well not let the population go to ridiculous numbers. Gay men have kids of course, but......

And 800000000000 lashes for God himself. He made the menz and the penises and the desires straight and gay.
Old 11th May 2017, 02:27 PM

Yes...homosexuality is clearly a grievous abomination before <insert scary law giving monster god here>, and is wholly unnatural...I mean, no other animal in the animal kingdom engages in any kind of same sex sexual activity...oh wait...
Old 11th May 2017, 07:36 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
MarkFL said View Post
Yes...homosexuality is clearly a grievous abomination before <insert scary law giving monster god here>, and is wholly unnatural...I mean, no other animal in the animal kingdom engages in any kind of same sex sexual activity...oh wait...

I was going to do a research degree on gay behaviour and paternity in floor beetles at Murdoch U, but couldn't get funding. As it turns out, flour beetles are pretty AC/DC. Less comfortable is the fact that although the penetrating bug has a penis, the females or gay males on the receiving end have no vagina-equivalent- thingie. So the "receiver's" abdominal cavity is punctured. So it is quite possible that one male could mate with another, transferring sperm into the male, who subsequently mates with a female. My idea was that both the "male" male and the "female" male's sperm would both fertilise the female's eggs.

So all you need to do is some paternity tests once the offspring hatch.

I thought such and experiment [and paper] that would really ream a new asshole in the bigoted homophobe brigade, but alas it was not to be.

It would have worked though.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:01 PM
What Me Deluded?

Db, these are flour beetles not floor beetles to which you refer?

Maybe you should switch off the uncomprehending, badly mistaken spellcheck algorithm thingie, because I'm sure it's not you.

It's regrettable they didn't fund you to observe their sex life. Trying to imagine how you would do that, with a powerful magnifying glass?

Maybe David Attenborough would be interested to reveal it. Sir David was going to retire, ages ago.
Old 12th May 2017, 06:34 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Strato said View Post
Db, these are flour beetles not floor beetles to which you refer?

Maybe you should switch off the uncomprehending, badly mistaken spellcheck algorithm thingie, because I'm sure it's not you.

It's regrettable they didn't fund you to observe their sex life. Trying to imagine how you would do that, with a powerful magnifying glass?

Maybe David Attenborough would be interested to reveal it. Sir David was going to retire, ages ago.
They can't be flour beetles, because if they were, I would never eat bread again!

Perhaps I will call them [incorrectly] grain beetles, because most beetles are floor beetles anyway.

I was going to paint/mark them with dyes/paints for the different sexes and orientations. [Making sure that didn't change their behaviour, of course]. Using vid cameras, and either doing the DNA tests myself, or out-sourcing them to a lab. Of course, they would have to be separated until I wanted them to do their thing. Anyway, even a simple experiment has to be well thought out.

But of course, the project was not approved, so I stopped thinking about it. Actually, it is something I could do now. "Freelance", as it were. DNA testing must be much cheaper now. I haven't thought about it since 2006.
Old 17th May 2017, 10:59 PM
I'm an avid reader

Make that 85 lashes

Serious stuff is still serious. Unfair is still cruelly, patently, unfair.

Privilege is still protecting itself from equity by throwing crap at those without privilege.

There's more bad music in jazz than any other form.
Maybe that's because the audience doesn't really know what's happening.
- Pat Metheny
Old 18th May 2017, 09:21 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
Make that 85 lashes

Serious stuff is still serious. Unfair is still cruelly, patently, unfair.

Privilege is still protecting itself from equity by throwing crap at those without privilege.

Its a great way to prove islamic credentials and therefore that anyone who doesn't vote for the most extreme candidate is going to burn in hell forever with their flesh constantly evicerated and incinerated. Society tolerates that there has to be a sacrifice and as usual its those excluded first to the margins of society who are the first to be sacrificed.