Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 12th November 2016, 11:32 AM

Default Re: The US Election, 2016 Edition.

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Trump's team made milage out of the contents of the emails rather than the simple fact of their existence.
No, that's a revision. When new emails were found on Weiner's laptop and the FBI reopened the investigation and no one knew what was on those emails, the Trump campaign made a big fucking song-and-dance about it.
Old 12th November 2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
loubert said View Post
Drop the left vs right bullshit for a start. Try subbing in hierarchical vs egalitarian, you'll get further.
You have a point there, granted.
Quote:
Also, stop assuming what others would have said if Hillary had won. Just because you decided to say it doesn't mean those in the opposite "camp" would have, damn sure there's a word for that type of thinking
Should have quit while you were ahead!
I wasn't assuming! I actually read nearly every post on the 'Donald Trump' and 'US Election, 2016 Edition' (I know, I was bored!),
so I made sure my statement was cut from the same cloth as all the other posts that were dripping with contempt and derision for Trump, including posts by Wolty and your good self!
Although I acknowledge the possibility that you all could have underwent complete personality transformations, and not laid the boot into Trump had he lost, but instead shown him shown incredible reverence and respect.
Old 12th November 2016, 12:07 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
STOKER said View Post
Quote:
loubert said View Post
Drop the left vs right bullshit for a start. Try subbing in hierarchical vs egalitarian, you'll get further.
You have a point there, granted.
Quote:
Also, stop assuming what others would have said if Hillary had won. Just because you decided to say it doesn't mean those in the opposite "camp" would have, damn sure there's a word for that type of thinking
Should have quit while you were ahead!
I wasn't assuming! I actually read nearly every post on the 'Donald Trump' and 'US Election, 2016 Edition' (I know, I was bored!),
so I made sure my statement was cut from the same cloth as all the other posts that were dripping with contempt and derision for Trump, including posts by Wolty and your good self!
Although I acknowledge the possibility that you all could have underwent complete personality transformations, and not laid the boot into Trump had he lost, but instead shown him shown incredible reverence and respect.
Against Trump =/= support for Clinton.
Are you saying Trump does not hold contemptible views with regards Women, POC, Muslims, Mexicans?

If he had lost he would still holds views that make him a contemptible arsehole.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Like Spearthrower, Blue Lightning liked this post
Old 12th November 2016, 12:15 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

I don't want to go off the tangent but I'm trying to see where the conversation is heading - so I can participate and contribute without being redundant or irrelevant...

Can anyone help me? I'm a bit at loss whilst reading much of the thread whilst I'm very interested and keen to post along.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12th November 2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
wolty said View Post
Are you saying Trump does not hold contemptible views with regards Women, POC, Muslims, Mexicans?
No. Not about Women, POC, or Mexicans. Although I have been suspended on this forum for expressing views on Muslims, similar to Trumps.

Quote:
If he had lost he would still holds views that make him a contemptible arsehole.
You are not going to get me to say that about him.
I think Hillary's stupid anti-Putin stance would be a far greater danger to world peace than Trumps pro-Putin attitude.
Hillary would have found out the hard way that not only is she COMPLETELY out of her league as a politician, when dealing with Putin, but she also would have found out the hard way that he is not the sort of person you fuck with.
Old 12th November 2016, 12:24 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
STOKER said View Post
Quote:
wolty said View Post
No. Not about Women, POC, or Mexicans. Although I have been suspended on this forum for expressing views on Muslims, similar to Trumps.

Quote:
I think Hillary's stupid anti-Putin stance would be a far greater danger to world peace than Trumps pro-Putin attitude.
Hillary would have found out the hard way that not only is she COMPLETELY out of her league as a politician, when dealing with Putin, but she also would have found out the hard way that he is not the sort of person you fuck with.
But we aren't talking about Hillary. Trump won the election.

My bold.
Are you saying that boasting about sexually assaulting women isn't contemptible?

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
Old 12th November 2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
wolty said View Post

My bold.
Are you saying that boasting about sexually assaulting women isn't contemptible?
No. Sexually assaulting women is contemptible, and boasting about it makes your character even worse, and I in no way condone it. But as despicable as that is, it is not a threat to world peace in the way that Hillary's stupid anti-Putin attitude is. I know you asked me to leave Hillary out of it, but she was the political alternative. And she did stand by her husband, who when it comes to exploiting emotionally vulnerable women, is in good company with Trump in that regard. So she tolerates it when it suits her. While were on the subject of sleazy U.S presidents, the name John. F. Kennedy also comes to mind
Old 12th November 2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Hillary's stupid anti-Putin attitude is
Go ahead Putin - annex land wherever you like, because if people in the West find it horrifying, they'll be branded anti-Putin.
Old 12th November 2016, 12:44 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
STOKER said View Post
Quote:
wolty said View Post

My bold.
No. Sexually assaulting women is contemptible, and boasting about it makes your character even worse, and I in no way condone it. But as despicable as that is, it is not a threat to world peace in the way that Hillary's stupid anti-Putin attitude is. I know you asked me to leave Hillary out of it, but she was the political alternative. And she did stand by her husband, who when it comes to exploiting emotionally vulnerable women, is in good company with Trump in that regard. So she tolerates it when it suits her. While were on the subject of sleazy U.S presidents, the name John. F. Kennedy also comes to mind
I'm confused.

Quote:
Wolty said
Quote:
Stoker said
Quote:
Wolty said
Quote:
Stoker said
No. Sexually assaulting women is contemptible, and boasting about it makes your character even worse, and I in no way condone it.
Quote:
Stoker said
I know you asked me to leave Hillary out of it, but
The but is important, no? Or you wouldn't have compared boasting about sexual assaulting women with something that you don't know could even happen. We have one candidate boasting about him sexually assaulting women and something you are imagining? Something that did actually happen, that is not as bad as something you think could have happened.

Last edited by wolty; 12th November 2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Fixed 'but' quote for context
Old 12th November 2016, 12:46 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

If he had been convicted of sexual assault, rape, would you still say, 'yes he is a rapist ,but'? Where do you draw the line on this? Which minorities do you throw under the bus?