Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Sexuality issues and equality

Sexuality issues and equality Safe zone for people to discuss gender identity, sexuality and equality.

Old 11th September 2017, 09:33 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Coming out

Quote:
LadyGreen said View Post
I was wrong she has made it very clear that she sees me and my transition as a joke and honestly im a fucking idiot for thinking that cold bitch might care about more than expensive shit she cant afford and what the neighbours think.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
That sucks. Give her time, LG and be about your business. She's the one missing out, don't let it get you down.
Old 11th September 2017, 09:44 PM
Then things got awkward

I only crossed from belief to unbelief: it's minor compared to other changes in life. My family relationships didn't make it through that change.

I'm not advocating burning any bridges, but sometimes people can't accept that their ideal isn't actually who you are.

There's a meaning there, but the meaning there doesn't really mean a thing.
Come and see the real thing, come and see the real thing, come and see the real thing,
Come and see...

Like Strato liked this post
Old 12th September 2017, 10:52 AM

She keeps trying to guilt trip me about how my transition affects others but fuck that noone else gets a vote so she can either be respectfull or shut the fuck up and leave me out of her bullshit.

Like Blue Lightning, wolty, Goldenmane liked this post
Old 12th September 2017, 10:58 AM
Then things got awkward

@LadyG: Those that don't want to change, don't have to.

That's their rights respected: now, about those rights of yours...

There's a meaning there, but the meaning there doesn't really mean a thing.
Come and see the real thing, come and see the real thing, come and see the real thing,
Come and see...

Like Blue Lightning, Strato liked this post
Old 12th September 2017, 03:57 PM
What Me Deluded?

This is regrettable for you LadyGreen. Fly your colours. Your mum is showing her true colours, but don't fix her in her current mindset. Leave the door open for her to hopefully gain enlightenment, too, to come around.

I just read an essay by Richard Dawkins in his latest book Science in The Soul, entitled 'The Dead Hand of Plato.'

He exposes 'the discontinuous mind,' people hung up on categories, where they seek to force reality and nature which are continuous, into discrete classes, essences, ideal classifications. Plato was an idealist, 'essentialism - one of the most pernicious ideas in all history.' Ernst Mayr, one of Dawkins's great teachers on evolution at Oxford blamed Plato and Aristotle's essentialism 'for humanity's late discovery of evolution - as late as the nineteenth century.'

When can we call some long ago ancestor of ours going back hundreds of thousands of generations a 'true Homo sapiens,' but whose parents were Austalopithecines? That individual was of the exact same species as its parents. Evolution is gradual. Sexuality is on a continuum. When does a conception become a person? How do we grade IQ? Down with all rigid thinking.

Reading educative books like this has been transformative for me personally. I love 'em.
Old 12th September 2017, 06:16 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

LadyGreen - there's not much I can add. Hang in there.

Adopting the modern usage - 'This above all: to thine own self be true'.
Like The Irreverent Mr Black, Strato liked this post
Old 19th September 2017, 02:37 PM

Mums been a little more chill lately, even used my prefered name and i've got an apointment to discuss hormone treatment with my doctor. I'm really excited but nervous.

Old 19th September 2017, 05:39 PM
Enough words.

Sometimes people just need time to 'get used' to a change. It's usually a slow process in these kind of situations unfortunately. I hope for yours and her sake that she comes round eventually. But it's not the end of the world if she doesn't.

The bible says, "A simple man believes every word he hears, a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15 LOL.
Old 21st September 2017, 10:18 AM

I think she will but if not shes in for a shock over the next couple of months with me taking hormones and blockers

Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black laughed at this post