Go Back   AFA Forums > News and Social > News and Current Affairs

News and Current Affairs News reports related to (but not restricted to) religion, atheism and woo.

Old 20th February 2017, 07:19 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Young 'moderate' muslims defending Sharia

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Rendered doubly idiotic now that we dont even have a Caliph.

Of course the Shiites claim their man is hiding somewhere and will return at some point, hence, 'the hidden Imam.'

How awkward would it be if he turned up at the same moment Jesus reappeared. Get the popcorn out for that one, or what?
Jesus just appeared to me the other day. On toast. Pity I am not a fan. His trip was wasted on me!
Old 20th February 2017, 08:02 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Young 'moderate' muslims defending Sharia

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Just to follow up on this story.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...e13d365020d8c6

So...there seems to be a bit of misunderstanding at play here, i think. When Abdel-Magied refers to 'sharia law,' she is clearly referring to the various innocuous practices of being an observant Muslim, like daily prayer and dietary regulations. However, for most Australians, myself included, 'sharia law' is normally thought of as a total legal system based on Islam that renders other secular legal practices obsolete.
Not only that but a politician standing up and defending their Christian religious convictions wouldn't even make the news.