Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 12th April 2017, 09:30 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: President Donald Trump

Quote:
THWOTH said View Post
and oo look a badger in tap shoes.
Where....where...oh damn you had me for a moment there!
Old 12th April 2017, 10:39 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Quote:
Loki said View Post
Still can't embed twits, but this pretty much sums up US politics imo

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/851...C602.5250.html

*pause*

Old 13th April 2017, 12:11 AM
What Me Deluded?

In 1971 Russia appropriated Tartus in Syria, for its Mediterranean naval base and sole refuelling station, removing the need to sail back up the Dardanelles and past the narrows at Istanbul, which is Turkey, a NATO state, to Odessa and now Crimea.

Now because of the U.S. Tomahawk strikes Russia is sending in war ships to Tartarus.

Wiki:

'In January 2017, Russia and Syria signed agreements to extend Russia's control of its facility for 49 years and give it sovereignty over the territory. It allows Russia to dredge, install floating berths, and carry out repair works to expand its capacity to 11 warships, including nuclear-powered ships.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...lity_in_Tartus

Putin and his intimidating Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, can never not lie.

Hilary Clinton analysed the Putin personality, Assad's also. To Putin everyone is an enemy or a potential one. Assad is compelled to honour his father's legacy and family expectations to rule Syria for the dynasty. He was an opthamologist in London before he was summonsed back to rule Syria by the Family.

From the Ministry of Truth, Putin on Wednesday,

The Independent

Russia-US relations 'worst since end of Cold War', Kremlin says

'When he was asked about accusations that Syria's government launched a chemical weapons attack in Idlib province, which killed 87 people including many children, Mr Putin said Damascus had given up its chemical weapons stocks.

He said he believed there were two main explanations for the alleged chemical weapons attack: that Syrian government air strikes had hit rebel chemical weapons stocks, releasing poisonous gas, or that the incident was a set-up to discredit the Syrian government.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7679796.html

And the inspiring Hillary interview.

Old 13th April 2017, 08:43 AM
I am no feeble Christ, not me.

It was weird listening to Trump this morning, saying how shit Russia is and how great China is. NATO is really important. This is on top of we have to attack Syria and Assad has to go. We won't repeal and replace Obamacare, it's too hard. We won't stop Muslim immigration.

I'm just waiting for "we'll pay for the wall" followed by "let's not bother with the wall". Oh, and "taxes are too low, especially for the rich". And finally, "we can't defeat ISIS, we'll just let them carry on".
Like knowledge is power liked this post
Old 13th April 2017, 10:31 PM
What Me Deluded?

Inconsistency is the only constant. Is it capriciousness? ADD. Not funny.

Now he has had Xi Xinping smiling so warmly at him Xi is Donald's new BFFL and erstwhile confederates Trump and Putin are a stench in one another's nostrils.
Old 14th April 2017, 03:54 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Strato said View Post
Inconsistency is the only constant. Is it capriciousness? ADD. Not funny.

Now he has had Xi Xinping smiling so warmly at him Xi is Donald's new BFFL and erstwhile confederates Trump and Putin are a stench in one another's nostrils.

I must admit on reading this just now I nearly threw up me breakfast laughing;

Quote:
But he warned that, although tacking back and forth is fine, it is dangerous to be "all over the map" because people stop believing what you say.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39591032
Old 14th April 2017, 05:34 PM
What Me Deluded?

Jared Kussnik.

Dems Challenge Jared Kushner's Security Clearance Over Hidden Russian Meetings

“The fact that Kushner is President Trump’s son-in-law does not place him above the law."

Mary Papenfuss
Trends reporter, The Huffington Post

'Five House Democrats on Thursday challenged senior White House adviser Jared Kushner’s top security clearance for his failure to disclose meetings with Russian officials.

“Mr. Kushner must divulge the details of his meetings with foreign officials and explain why he did not reveal them when he was clearly required by to do so by law,” the lawmakers said in a statement. “The fact that Kushner is President Trump’s son-in-law does not place him above the law. Anyone else would face severe discipline for failing to disclose meetings with foreign officials, a material omission which potentially amounts to a criminal offense.”'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b0b9e9848aca97

Wouldn't Bannon gloat over not only access denied to Kushner to the White House but a criminal prosecution? As he would the downfall of Trump, now.

Blue Lightning started this thread in September 2015. During the campaign some were actually suspecting Trump had a very real chance. I didn't. That was the unthinkable.

When he did become President I did soothsay that he would end up being countermanded, locked away in the Oval Office while saner ones go into damage control. McMaster stood down Bannon, for starters. How does Sean Spicer keep having to face the Press? Amorality.

Gareth Evans declares Australia must forge a completely autonomous foreign policy. Trump has no comprehension of norms in foreign relations.

The Trump Administration is so inept, farcical, damaging, I think it possible some Democrats would be happy to see it toppled, a military interim government put in place and fresh elections called. That could not transpire in America.

There is this sense of crisis. Anything can happen in four years. Trump might well resign. He has bitten off way more than he can chew, which may be starting to sink in. No fun. Kushner is his 'moral support.'

Last edited by Strato; 14th April 2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 14th April 2017, 07:55 PM
AFA Member

My take on the last 3 days is that Trump would rather destroy the world than suffer the ignominy of being exposed as a failure and a 'loser'!

We have an elevation in military activity in Afghanistan, insertion into Syria (which on its own and done carefully, diplomatically and intelligently i'd be ok with) and an armada to North Korea - all within a week! Also, Yemen and more bombing in Iraq.

I fear this crazy psychotic fuckwit is going to destroy the planet very shortly and i think we're all going to let him because...well, i'm so fucking tired, anyone else feel that way?
Old 14th April 2017, 09:22 PM
AFA Member

What tends to happen is cost externalisation. Everything is dsndy so long as someobe or something else is paying the price
Old 15th April 2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post

I fear this crazy psychotic fuckwit is going to destroy the planet very shortly and i think we're all going to let him because...well, i'm so fucking tired, anyone else feel that way?
Not mention the other loons in power around the world who will be trolling Trump hard from now on.

"But wouldn't it be great if we got along with Russia?"