Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 10th April 2017, 03:48 PM
What Me Deluded?

Default Re: President Donald Trump

Trump knows the guillotine is being greased as his enemies persist with the spiteful investigation into Russian collusion, which he might know enough about unlawful conduct to realise that actually implicates him in treason.

He needs to create a distraction and what better act than to bombard Assad and be seen to be defying Putin. Now the collusion case becomes sidelined as Our Hero demonstrates he is today's man of action for Truth, Justice and the American Way.
Like wadaye liked this post
Old 10th April 2017, 04:32 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Quote:
Strato said View Post
T... He needs to create a distraction and what better act than to bombard Assad and be seen to be defying Putin. Now the collusion case becomes sidelined as Our Hero demonstrates he is today's man of action for Truth, Justice and the American Way.
There's a serious risk that this analysis is correct. Hence my withholding of judgment at this stage.
Old 10th April 2017, 04:43 PM
AFA Member

Hang on, we arent suggesting that this is more than a fortuitously timed event, for Trump at least, right? There's no suggestion that the chemical weapon attack was somehow orchestrated with US collusion, yeah?
Old 10th April 2017, 04:50 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Hang on, we arent suggesting that this is more than a fortuitously timed event, for Trump at least, right? There's no suggestion that the chemical weapon attack was somehow orchestrated with US collusion, yeah?
I shouldn't think so, but Assad has been murdering his own people for long enough that something suitable was bound to turn up. if it hadn't been this it would have been a hospital full of children, he's certainly blown enough of those to bits. Assad was in a position where with his Russian backers having a veto in the security council he just basically thought he could get away with anything, now it looks like he has WW3 brewing on his doorstep, I should think he's getting a bit nervous, and if he folds trump can claim outright victory and a big boost to his ratings sorry approval numbers.
Old 10th April 2017, 05:01 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
I shouldn't think so, but Assad has been murdering his own people for long enough that something suitable was bound to turn up. if it hadn't been this it would have been a hospital full of children, he's certainly blown enough of those to bits. Assad was in a position where with his Russian backers having a veto in the security council he just basically thought he could get away with anything, now it looks like he has WW3 brewing on his doorstep, I should think he's getting a bit nervous, and if he folds trump can claim outright victory and a big boost to his ratings sorry approval numbers.
I'd probably take Assad folding in exchange for a boost in Trumps ratings (lets just use the orange idiots words because, after all, they're the best words). Although i wouldn't take Assad folding for a major global war.

What if he invades North Korea and China agrees to do nothing (which i think they may have already agreed to)? With South Korea to help the rebuild and reintegration, that would be a good thing i think. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 10th April 2017, 05:21 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
No, even if Strato is right, it's purely opportunistic.
Old 10th April 2017, 09:23 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
There is a reasonable argument that he has just taken action on Obama's red line
Old 10th April 2017, 09:24 PM
AFA Member

"What could possibly go wrong ... " lol
Old 11th April 2017, 12:58 AM
What Me Deluded?

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Pip, I was referring to the concern that the Trump team may well have colluded with Russia, aiding and abetting them to influence the election. This has been under investigation by a Congressional Committee, the FBI, CIA and National Security Agency.

Trump owes Russian banks and oligarchs a very large amount of money. They have propped him up in the past. All this needs to be revealed. Exploiting a loophole in the Constitution, Trump simply declines in declaring his tax statements and personal financial entanglements with foreign states, particularly Russia, potentially compromising his office.

He uses foils, like the line that all questioning of his probity is 'fake news.' He then accuses Obama of 'wiretapping' his phones during the campaign. He is rightfully paranoid.

Now he is the dynamic President, purportedly enforcing Obama's Red Line so any and all such unanswered questions hanging over him become yesterday's news. Machiavellian strategy.
Like pipbarber, THWOTH liked this post
Old 11th April 2017, 10:23 PM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
There is a reasonable argument that he has just taken action on Obama's red line
No, there isn't.

@Goldenmane3

Like Blue Lightning, Loki liked this post