Go Back   AFA Forums > Science, Logic and Reason > Humanities/Social Sciences

Humanities/Social Sciences Philosophy, History, Politics etc

Old 12th February 2018, 11:26 PM
And it jiggles!

Default ARCHAEOLOGY: Humans Cared for Sick Puppies Long Ago, Ancient Burial Shows

LINKY

Quote:
Ancient people likely cared for a sick, domesticated pup for weeks on end before it died about 14,000 years ago during the Paleolithic era, a new study finds.

After it died, the dog was buried with the remains of another dog and an adult man and woman making it not only the oldest burial of a domestic dog on record, but also the oldest known grave to contain both dogs and people, the researchers said.

This discovery suggests that even though the dog was young, sick and likely untrained as a result, ancient people still had an emotional bond with it, the researchers wrote in the study. This may explain why the people buried the animal with two of their own, the researchers said.
More@Source

(T)he problem with Men Going Their Own Way is that they never actually go. - Annie

We've a surfeit of purblind fucking reactionaries, and I'm fucking done with them. - Goldenmane

Like knowledge is power liked this post
Old 13th February 2018, 08:13 AM
AFA Member

Default Re: ARCHAEOLOGY: Humans Cared for Sick Puppies Long Ago, Ancient Burial Shows

I am puppy, and I approve of this ad! :-)