Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Mental health and Well-being

Mental health and Well-being For discussion of the Black Dog and associated topics (please note this will be moderated as needed for everyone's safety).

Old 15th April 2017, 04:16 PM
AFA Member
Default Re: Dealing with depression

Wrenn said View Post
Mjt said View Post

So this is Azs fault? He shouldn't expect that people would believe him, and not give him a hard time?

Him doing that places unreasonable conditions on them?

It doesn't place unreasonable conditions on other people. It places unreasonable conditions on himself. Azurisan21 can't control the actions of other people. If his well-being and happiness it predicated on the actions of other people, whom he can't control, then his well-being and happiness is dependent on things outside of his control. Therefore when people inevitably do things that he doesn't like he may become unhappy and depressed.

Better in my opinion to work to make sure that your well-being and happiness is entirely dependent on things you have 100% control over.

Or even better as THWOTH says, talk to a professional, not some joker like me on the internet ;-)

Thank you wren, this has explained it to me very well. It would seem I was missing something.
Apologies THWOTH, I struggled to understand what you were trying to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twisted Sister
Old 15th April 2017, 04:34 PM
Goaty knows who recorded Take On Me.
Default Re: Dealing with depression

I've had to do a few other things (one of them being sleep, because my own means of coping includes a couple of hours' night activity), but I'm glad to see agreement.

I'll still write, but maybe something a but slower, and probably longer. Perhaps it will be a new thread.

EDIT: Not like my opinion or experiences matter more than anyone else's.

Last edited by The Irreverent Mr Black; 15th April 2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added stuff
Like Mjt liked this post