Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 19th February 2014, 11:01 AM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Default Hi one and all.

Top of the morning to one and all.
I just had a bit of a look see at this forum and i was thinking i could have my 2cents worth with you all.
I believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Saviour.
I was kicked off 2 so called christian forums because they did not like what i had to say.
I never went to church and have no intentions of going to one.
I was brought up as a protestant but now i am some type of Catholic, not a Roman catholic mind you. it just i found out my pastor was lying to me about the RCC, and i caught him out, he just ranted and raved spun on rattling off a whole load of gibberish real fast,just all indoctrinated rubbish and i could not get a word in and then he walked off, the idiot fool !
I had a serious points to raise with him that i found out in a book about RC doctrine. i looked into this because i hated the RC so much due to my prot up bring. but i have never found a prot that was willing to look into what the RC say it is all about. they only slander everything they can, but a lot of it is true when you come across the RC idiots.
So any road hi one and all.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:16 AM
Like a supermod without the lycra

Default Re: Hi one and all.

Hi Puddleglum

Welcome to the forums.

Basic rules apply. We attack ideas and not people. No logical fallacies and if you make extrordinary claims be prepared to provide some evidence.

Catholic but not Roman Catholic? You may want to clarify which bits you do believe and which bits you don't believ. Which version bible are you liking. Transubstantiation? Inerrant word of god? Jesus rose from the dead? Virgin birth? Immaculate Conception? Paul's misogeny? Slaves are ok? Armageddon?
Old 19th February 2014, 11:24 AM
Feminazi and semi-professional inconoclast

Welcome PG.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:26 AM
Feminazi and semi-professional inconoclast

PG - you may be interested in posting over here in the "Evidence and Faith" thread:

http://atheistfoundation.org.au/foru...ad.php?t=21449
Old 19th February 2014, 11:42 AM
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord.

Welcome PG - prepare to have your ideas thoroughly dissected. I sincerely hope you get something out of the forthcoming dialogue.

Your pastor ranted some indoctrinated rubbish at you? They are known to do that.

Interesting that you refer to Roman Catholics as 'idiots' - that they believe a slightly different version of a fairy tale makes them idiots?

Don't forget this is a forum whose membership is made up primarily of people who identify with the concept of atheism, thus they are unlikely to find your version of catholicism more compelling than that of the 'idiots'.... enjoy your visit.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess
Old 19th February 2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
prudie said View Post
Hi Puddleglum

Welcome to the forums.

Basic rules apply. We attack ideas and not people. No logical fallacies and if you make extrordinary claims be prepared to provide some evidence.

Catholic but not Roman Catholic? You may want to clarify which bits you do believe and which bits you don't believ. Which version bible are you liking. Transubstantiation? Inerrant word of god? Jesus rose from the dead? Virgin birth? Immaculate Conception? Paul's misogeny? Slaves are ok? Armageddon?
Attacking people is not my thing at all but there misconceptions can be debated.

All Christians are Catholic in fact and there are just ones who protest in denominations and in fact within the RC there are people who protest as well.

Most prots will say they are not Catholic but they are uneducated and think Catholic means Universal, yes it does from a primary school learning point but an in depth understanding it means much more than just that, the same is with the book of revelation it's called apocalypse but they like to dumb it down to just revelation.

The rest of what you said would be for some where other to talk about in the forum i would think.

Thanks all.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:53 AM
Wonder if the beer tastes as good?
Super Moderator

Hi PG, welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy your time here.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:53 AM
AFA Member

Finally, someone with the definitively correct interpretation of their religion.
I am on the edge of my seat waiting for your guidance.
Welcome to the forum bye the way.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
odd said View Post
Welcome PG - prepare to have your ideas thoroughly dissected. I sincerely hope you get something out of the forthcoming dialogue.

Your pastor ranted some indoctrinated rubbish at you? They are known to do that.

Interesting that you refer to Roman Catholics as 'idiots' - that they believe a slightly different version of a fairy tale makes them idiots?

Don't forget this is a forum whose membership is made up primarily of people who identify with the concept of atheism, thus they are unlikely to find your version of catholicism more compelling than that of the 'idiots'.... enjoy your visit.
Hi pastor said that back in 1980.

Idiots was about their lack of understanding on their part regarding their churches true teachings.

I am aware of the consept of atheism.

Thanks.
Old 19th February 2014, 12:19 PM
*Insert naughty words here*

Hi there, Puddleglum!

I hope you have a positive experience here.
May I ask, why have you joined an atheist forum? And what do you hope to get out of this experience?