Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Closed Thread

Old 24th August 2013, 10:15 AM
Like a supermod without the lycra

Default Re: Confused

Quote:
Confused said View Post
Enjoy it Prudie.
on that note I am off to my morning gym session. I pay for gym membership with a salary I earn. I will drive there in my car.

Then I will go and watch my niece play her semi finals in netball and then I might take her to the bookshop and out to the movies. I'll finish off the day by finalising the AFA magazine where a woman is editor and everyone thinks that's just fine.

You take care
Old 24th August 2013, 10:35 AM
Sorry Thor, Tesla closed your gap

Thanks for that confused some of the issues you raise are difficult to get a perspective on for me sometimes, as I lucked out where I was born. I was in primary school in SA when it became the first Aust state to decriminalise homosexuality so I grew up with it being ok. Women's rights to equality was never on the horizon as I have 6 sisters, 4 older 2 younger, so it just never occurred to me that it would be any other way until I made the leap out of the family tree. The issue of conservative dressing was even weirder. It would be shame and scorn piled on me for a lack of control were I to see a naked ankle or neck. How humiliating and undermining of my humanity that I would react as a rutting beast in the field should I see such exposure. Then to blame the owner of the ankle/neck WTF?
I could not live where I do now (tropical resort town) where on a daily basis there are holiday makers wandering around in next to nothing just doing the grocery shopping and nude bathing on some beaches Not to say that I don't appreciate some of the sights but to be driven to some sort of sex starved slavering beast or order others to confine their freedoms because of it, is just not thinkable.
There's my waffle for now, hope to hear more from you in the future
Old 24th August 2013, 11:01 AM
Honorary AFA Member

It is exactly like you said they put all the responsibility on women. You have to cover so you are not causing men to sin. I guess like the Adam and Eve story it's always the women's fault! You would think it would work but it doesn't!

You think they would all be pious? No the men are always staring. At what I have no idea. Even if I am getting groceries I am in my bag but still they stare! I guess they have not completed their haram quota! They even started a new trend which the pious religious men decreed. They could marry women in secret, they do not have to support. So new business sprang up they have like buildings of furnished apartments you can rent by the day. Like sleazy motels. Sure I blame women who agree to this, but they are not allowed to marry men from outside of the country or from another faith. While the men are allowed to marry women from other countries and other faiths so you have an uneven number. So some women agree because their is no other choice to find a husband.
The more I write the less I want to go back. You have to give the men with one wife credit. It's like almost impossible to do. Some idiots (pimp like) bring brochures to the place of work to show men pictures of women they could marry in secret! The poor married women worried that her husband will take another wife or divorce her and leave her penniless. The educated women afraid he will not divorce her and leave her in limbo. Not fun.

Last edited by Annie; 25th August 2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 24th August 2013, 12:11 PM

Good to see you around these parts again Confused. Enjoy.

Your posts move me. I wish you well on life's journey.

Last edited by Annie; 25th August 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 24th August 2013, 02:07 PM

CONFUSED!!! It has made my day to hear from you again, I think of you often. I saw your post this morning just before I left for the farmers markets and it made me so happy! And in Rome! A city I love, in a country I love - how I wish I were there now! Absolutely gorgeous, feels like the end of the earth.

Your posts are wonderful and bring back so many memories. Things like:

Quote:
Confused said View Post
Everything before was a sin
Quote:
Confused said View Post
I look around and wonder how I believed before? Without any proof? I am a person of science how could I have been hypnotised?
Quote:
Confused said View Post
I can't believe it when I Reread some of my posts? I couldn't believe my mind has changed so much in a short time? Now I look at people walking in the street and wonder do they believe? If they do, how can they?
Quote:
Confused said View Post
Never hated nor did I ever think their was no good in the others. But I was on the true road and everyone else was lost.
Quote:
Confused said View Post
Can you imagine thinking the creator of the universe cares whether my neck is showing or not.
These days I just wonder how it is that this sort of question never struck me as a believer.

Quote:
Confused said View Post
But it is really the non theist who are the ones enjoying life.
Absolutely the truth. As a believer, I thought I had true happiness, I thought I had a relationship with the source of all joy, and I was known as a contagiously joyful person. Turns out that has nothing to do with my faith and a lot to do with my personality, cause now I'm an atheist and it hasn't changed

It is so wholesome to hear you are enjoying yourself and new experiences.

Quote:
Confused said View Post
It is exactly like you said they put all the responsibility on women. You have to cover so you are not causing men to sin. I guess like the Adam and Eve story it's always the women's fault! You would think it would work but it doesn't!

You think they would all be pious? No the men are always staring. At what I have no idea. Even if I am getting groceries I am in my bag but still they stare! I guess they have not completed their haram quota! They even started a new trend which the pious religious men decreed. They could marry women in secret, they do not have to support. So new business sprang up they have like buildings of furnished apartments you can rent by the day. Like sleazy motels. Sure I blame women who agree to this, but they are not allowed to marry men from outside of the country or from another faith. While the men are allowed to marry women from other countries and other faiths so you have an uneven number. So some women agree because their is no other choice to find a husband.
The more I write the less I want to go back. You have to give the men with one wife credit. It's like almost impossible to do. Some idiots (pimp like) bring brochures to the place of work to show men pictures of women they could marry in secret! The poor married women worried that her husband will take another wife or divorce her and leave her penniless. The educated women afraid he will not divorce her and leave her in limbo. Not fun.
Ah, I could hardly begin to express how angry and disgusted this makes me feel. How on earth these people think they are morally superior defies comprehension. It seems there is a great deal about morality they could learn from the "infidels"!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, you amazing woman, and take care!

Last edited by Annie; 25th August 2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 24th August 2013, 02:49 PM
Bent crusader

So good to hear from you again, Confused! I have read everything you posted with a great deal of interest, sadness, and admiration for you and your courage. I hope that some day soon your kind of thinking takes over in your country and you and your sisters can know freedom.

Sent from my fone.
Old 24th August 2013, 06:46 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Hi Confused,

It's great to hear from you again! and I'm glad you're enjoying Rome!

Others have largely responded to your posts. At the risk of being slightly OT, let me take up just one little thing:

Quote:
Confused said View Post
... I thought that I was mother Teresa wearing my scarf being modest a sign of my faith ...
Appearances can be deceiving. Have a little look at these:

A new exposť of Mother Teresa

Christopher Hitchens on Mother Teresa

Quote:
Bolero said View Post
So good to hear from you again, Confused! I have read everything you posted with a great deal of interest, sadness, and admiration for you and your courage. I hope that some day soon your kind of thinking takes over in your country and you and your sisters can know freedom ...
I agree entirely.

Confused, good luck on your journey, and keep in touch!

Last edited by Annie; 25th August 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 26th August 2013, 03:47 PM
AFA Member

@Confused

I am confused too, and even amazed, that someone as articulate and worldly as yourself, can have prevailed against all the obstacles, and emerged from that culture. I think you may be an exceptional person, but it gives me hope that Islamic countries may find their way out of the darkness, and into the world of reason, sooner rather than later.
Has equal claim to immortality.
Old 27th August 2013, 11:33 AM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Mod note.

This thread is now locked and further discussion can be carried out in the members area. Please copy and paste or select any post you would like to reply to and respond there.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
óChaz Bufe, The American Hereticís Dictionary
Closed Thread