Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2013, 11:37 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Default Re: Confused

Welcome, Confused!

I am glad that you're here. I respect your courage. And I wish you well for the future.

Welcome!
Old 12th June 2013, 12:39 AM
-

Quote:
Confused said View Post
Hello, I am a confused Muslim woman. I actually do not want to say where I am from for fear of being killed. I know crazy! And yet I can not let go!
Though I've not been in a muslim country, I can understand such repercussions. See if you can move over to another country to avoid this (youngmoigle's advice is quite sound here).

And EDM's advice regarding personally identifying information is good too.

Quote:
Confused said View Post
If I was Christian I probably would of believed in Santa Claus till I was 15! I admit it I have questioned the existence of a creator and of religion since my teens. To me looking at the world seemed to prove that there was a creator and one God seemed to make the most sense. Until I listened to Richard Dawkins explain evolution. Damn YouTube! Now if evolution is true, yes I know it is a fact ( no but it is only a theory , then I would not have much ground to stand on. I really am trying, I don't know why.
It appears that you're trying to believe that those fake answers ("Creator", "Allah", etc) that you have been told since you were a child are true, but due to your intelligence, there's a conflict in what to believe and/or accept as fact.

The fact that you are looking at the evidence tells me that you have a lot more courage than many other muslims out there, and you should be commended for that.

Quote:
Confused said View Post
Why not keep the damn door shut? Why must I search.
To expand your knowledge and kick out any bullshit stuck in your brain.

Quote:
Confused said View Post
I am a good person helping orphans so what if I pray it's like meditation. It was a good place believing that you and all you loved were immortal. Not sure about anything.
Security blankets are for children. A good portion of religious rubbish is about how you need it to operate correctly, and how you need it to give you strength.
I became stronger after avoiding religion, and after having a few deaths to be concerned about, I have never felt any more proud of myself than the days where I managed to handle these events without religion.

Quote:
Confused said View Post
I was searching for a forum of people like me. It seems this forum has people that are sure that there is no Creator and are at peace with this, glad for you. Do you know of a forum for lost souls like me?
I have enough reason to believe that this whole "Creator" thing is made up. After all, how can a loving creator possibly be a threatening, abusive, narcissistic maniac?

Last edited by Sir Patrick Crocodile; 12th June 2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12th June 2013, 05:18 AM

Hello Confused,

Welcome. I am very sorry to hear how unsafe your country is. I hope this forum can provide you with a place you feel safe to question anything you like.
Old 12th June 2013, 08:16 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Strato said View Post
It seems to me women like our friend Confused should be granted asylum in a secularized State.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. If it is possible for you to move to a safer country please seriously consider doing it.

EDM
Old 12th June 2013, 10:58 AM
Nasty

Quote:
Strato said View Post
It seems to me women like our friend Confused should be granted asylum in a secularized State.
Thirded. If women in these situations were granted asylum in secularised states at best, religious states would have to reconsider their treatment of women at worst, the women get to live a life that is worth living.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:57 AM
-

Quote:
Annie said View Post
Thirded. If women in these situations were granted asylum in secularised states at best, religious states would have to reconsider their treatment of women at worst, the women get to live a life that is worth living.
Unfortunately such a thing would only work if there were more women like Confused. There are many women over there who are stuck in the "we're inferiior to men and must bow down to them" form of thought that they were brought up with since they were children. It's a core belief in Islam.
Old 12th June 2013, 01:26 PM

Until I listened to Richard Dawkins explain evolution. Damn YouTube! Now if evolution is true, yes I know it is a fact ( no but it is only a theory , then I would not have much ground to stand on.

Confused, most of the christian denominations in Australia accept evolution and still have faith that a god exists.

evolution like gravity, is a scientific theory, evidence built up over a hundred years

the belief in a god is beyond the realm of science. it is a faith, most often as the result of childhood indoctrination.

My children and grandchildren do not even ask the question,

They do not contemplate the existence of a god any more than they would contemplate the existence of fairies.

I really do not know what to say to someone who believes that their faith hinges on the question of evolution, except that it is probably a good start.

http://tinyurl.com/klw7zbj Arctic volume
Old 13th June 2013, 07:45 PM
Honorary AFA Member

Well thank you again for all the caring responds, I do appreciate it. I have posted in different areas, I have received a lot of help with books to get and links to read. It is very helpful, so I can not thank you all enough. As for asylum that is very kind of you, even though my country is messed up I would not want to have to leave it. I defiantly am not going to speak about this to anyone except here. I am so glad to have found this forum, I really needed help, I was going crazy trying to figure this out alone. I still have not let go, I do not pray anymore. But I still talk to God asking Him is it true are you not there? All those years I prayed you were not there to listen? Who then helped me when I was in difficult situations? I still feel Him in my heart. I can not shake the feeling. I wonder sometimes if I am choosing to doubt God just so I can live my life in an easier way with less rules. Like not praying or covering? There are many Muslims who do not pray or cover, but I was not one of them. I loved God and so I believed He knew what was best and so I did it. Then I think but I never wanted to let go of Him. Praying, covering these are simple things compared to the reward of immortal life in a Paradise with all you love. In truth I had doubts about some things in my faith, but I thought who am I to question God? Maybe in my inferior human brain I think certain rules are not right, but God knows best. But when I heard Dawkins speak about evolution and it seemed like it could be true then I had my first, oh No if it is true then the story of God making Adam & Eve is wrong. I know some people believe in evolution and the Christian God, but to me that does not work. Because to me if this story in the Quran about Adam is not true then why should I believe any of it. If it is God's word then it should ALL be true. Now I have said to myself maybe there is an Einstein God, you know a non-personal God. But then I say for God's sake, why did He not contact us to help us in this world and guide us? I write this to you and look up in the sky and say to myself maybe He is still there. I do not want to let go. I think living all my life loving this God, how can I let go? I read how people felt better after letting go. I do feel more free now within myself that the things I did not like in my faith I can now reject, because I'm pretty sure they are man made. But I still have this place in my heart for the Creator. I still hope He is up there and I will meet Him in the end. I have longed for meeting God all my life to speak to Him to see Him it is still to hard for me to let go. I sat one day and was just in a total state of despair, I broke down could not function when I tried to face life with no God. So instead I said I will believe in a Creator and believe that I will be reunited with my loved ones and go on. But I still read, because I guess I want to know the truth even if it is difficult to face.
Old 13th June 2013, 07:54 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Confused, if there is a god I am sure it would want you to be the best you can be and to learn and experience as much in life as you can.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 13th June 2013, 08:20 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Quote:
Confused said View Post
... I had my first, oh No if it is true then the story of God making Adam & Eve is wrong. I know some people believe in evolution and the Christian God, but to me that does not work. Because to me if this story in the Quran about Adam is not true then why should I believe any of it. If it is God's word then it should ALL be true ...
Confused, though we are a world apart, this is exactly where I began. I empathise with you.

Quote:
Confused said View Post
... I broke down could not function when I tried to face life with no God. So instead I said I will believe in a Creator and believe that I will be reunited with my loved ones and go on ...
I feel that I have some understanding of that, too.

I suggest that you take your own time, lots of it, and as much as you feel you need; to think over these issues. Go slowly, and don't be offended if a few of the people here are too firm in their comments. Go slowly, be persistent, seek truth.

So, you are on the right track when you say:

Quote:
Confused said View Post
... But I still read, because I guess I want to know the truth even if it is difficult to face.
Whatever in the end you decide, you have done the right thing by seeking the truth.

If your god exists, seeking the truth in an honest way will lead you to that god, won't it?

Keep coming back here, when you can. I am sure I am not alone in wanting to play a small part in helping you. Whatever you decide in the end.

But be safe! Be diligent and careful with your computer security.

Maybe some more computer-literate types on the forum could give some advice here?

Also, we are soon to have an event in Sydney in which numerous people of Islamic origin who are now in Australia will tell their tales. I'm hopeful that some or all of it will be filmed, although I don't know for sure about that. If it is filmed, and if I think it might be useful to you, I'll post a link.

Good luck!

Last edited by Blue Lightning; 13th June 2013 at 08:30 PM.
Closed Thread