Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 13th October 2012, 06:34 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
lol@u said View Post
Another Athiest mocking my faith! Ive not mocked your views or asked you to explain your reasons why because I accept you as you are .This is where the whole" Im an Athiest" take pisses me off You need proof , you need evidence yet you have none yourself you only have YOUR belief that this was all an accident .A true Athiest doesnt require evidence they are right or wrong they dont seek out others to disprove them they just accept each day as it comes & walks the earth creating thier own path putting all down to luck , lack of luck coincidence & timing
I dont need proof , I dont need you to show me your proof I am quite happy for you to believe or not believe in whatever or nothing,What I do expect however is to be accepted for who I am , for what I believe regardless of your views .
Its callednot being a Bigot
Lol Cent isn't mocking your faith. He has generously offered some good advice about questioning things. It's a great life skill to have.
If the imaginary friend comment is bothering you, well we are atheists, all gods are imaginary. It's not a personal attack, just a turn of phrase.
There are many here who will answer your questions, but if you are going to get upset if people disagree with or question your beliefs, then it may be over before it begins.
So please ask away
Old 13th October 2012, 06:39 PM

Default Re: New here

Quote:
Protium said View Post
Out of curiosity why do you believe in evolution?
Why wouldnt I believe in evolution!!! Its all around us in nature,Im not an idiot !Evolution is part of creation the two are as intertwined as breathing in & breathing out .
I look at an insect , that can transform itself into an entirely different creature , thats can mimic its surroundings to enhance its chance of suvival, thats an animal viewed as unintelligent can have genetic maps of its ansestors imbedded in its dna,It is us who are the slow ones to embrace our capabilities.
Old 13th October 2012, 06:43 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
lol@u said View Post
Why wouldnt I believe in evolution!!! Its all around us in nature,Im not an idiot !Evolution is part of creation the two are as intertwined as breathing in & breathing out .
I look at an insect , that can transform itself into an entirely different creature , thats can mimic its surroundings to enhance its chance of suvival, thats an animal viewed as unintelligent can have genetic maps of its ansestors imbedded in its dna,It is us who are the slow ones to embrace our capabilities.
I don't believe in evolution, yet I have taught it. I post lots of articles on evolution, advocate it, but I don't believe in it. What do I mean by that, do you think?
Old 13th October 2012, 06:51 PM

I just wanted to know why the man I am in love with wont let me just be .
I dont go to church , dont believe in religion at all & never bang on about my faith But because we have discussed it he mocks me & others with comments like that.
As I am not a biggot , i dont feel I should not see someone based on the fact their views differ from mine .I find it rude and annoying .
Earlier someone stated I should question , I do question I question everything thats why I am here , why I have my faith is because the questions I sought were answered .

Perhaps your not asking the right questions have you eva thought of that?
Old 13th October 2012, 06:56 PM

Cool Re: New here

There is a huge difference betwen faith & religion .....
Old 13th October 2012, 06:58 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
lol@u said View Post
I got a bit upset because my boyfriend used to mock my faith by calling it my imaginary friend , its upsetting because I know its not like that at all for me ,It may be for you because you have no faith & thats ok Im just askng not to be bigotted .
The question was why do people who have no faith feel it nessasary to belittle & mock those that do?I dont mean to put all athiests into the same basket & ofcourse ive not met them all as suggested earlier But the ones I have met have not been happy just to accept me and my faith bthey have gone to great lenghths to debate the fact with me even when I have stated that I am quite content and feel no need at all to question thier or my feelings on the subject .
I just want to know whats the pay off???
There is a difference between belittling and questioning. Some people like to argue any point to the nth degree. Some don't.
Please don't think the mocking is soley your experience. I could go into long detailed stories, but will just say until you have had a righteous believer scream at you that your child is devil spawn because you are an atheist, you ain't seen nothin'
Bigots are everywhere, in all walks of life
Oh and nobody suggested you are an idiot. Protium simply asked a question.
Many believers don't believe in evolution.
Old 13th October 2012, 07:05 PM
AFA Member

Could we possibly bookmark my last sentence as one of my sillier?
Praxis would be mortified
Old 13th October 2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Protium said View Post
lol@u perhaps your man isn't the right person for you. As others have said, many here have theist partners and make it work.

I'm sorry you are not happy but maybe atheism isn't the cause in this situation. Maybe he just needs to grow up?

Perhaps your right , Its not easy figguring out life let alone love , its just everything else was so perfect its really sad Ive had to say goodbye because of this , its killing me because I really really love him so much,it seems tho he cant just let it slide.
Old 13th October 2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Mjt said View Post
There is a difference between belittling and questioning. Some people like to argue any point to the nth degree. Some don't.
Please don't think the mocking is soley your experience. I could go into long detailed stories, but will just say until you have had a righteous believer scream at you that your child is devil spawn because you are an atheist, you ain't seen nothin'
Bigots are everywhere, in all walks of life
Oh and nobody suggested you are an idiot. Protium simply asked a question.
Many believers don't believe in evolution.

I didnt think It was silly , and for the record religious fanatics are the worst , my mother was one so I should know ! devils spawn?? charming
Old 13th October 2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Protium said View Post
I don't believe in evolution, electromagnetism or conservation of angular momentum.

and Ide rather have a bottle in frontofme than a frontal lobotomy